Should I update my phanton 3 advanced to the latest firmware 1.50030

So now if I was to speculate, it would be that you were a DJI employee that monitors this forum.
For the benefit of anyone that doesn't already know ... Phantom Pilots is completely independent of DJI
No-one here is paid by DJI or has any other connection with DJI beyond the $$ we pay to buy our own drones.
As far as I know, no-one from DJI bothers to monitor this forum.
Blade and Ed used to drop by occasionally but they abandoned us some time back.
No, if Meta4 were a DJI employee, he would be more helpful and less obtuse.
As far as DJI people being helpful ... have you read anything over on their forum?

I know certa8n people may not like truth coming out but I would really appreciate it if whichever mod blocked my laptop ip would remove it. I have verified it that 1 ip address is now being blocked at this site.
Thank you

Reactions: Mr.Spock
I know certa8n people may not like truth coming out but I would really appreciate it if whichever mod blocked my laptop ip would remove it. I have verified it that 1 ip address is now being blocked at this site.
Thank you
just ask them in a PM-- I am sure they will give you an answer.

just ask them in a PM-- I am sure they will give you an answer.
I could but why should it be a pm? I have nothing to hide. Let's be open about it.
I'm really curious why they would block it. It's not like I broke rules unless disagreeing with certain beliefs is breaking the rules.

I could but why should it be a pm? I have nothing to hide. Let's be open about it.
They don't want to hassle with an argument- be a gentlemen and solve it privately -- they do a good job of managing the forum, give them a little credit -- if they are wrong, I am sure that you will get an apology.

...and if I'm wrong I will publicly apologize to them if I did so wrong. I'm not embarrassed to say sorry when I'm wrong. Why would there be an argument? I didn't agree with 1 mod (and many here agree with how updating adds limits) and 1 of my ips gets banned?

Last edited:
...and if I'm wrong I will publicly apologize to them if I did so wrong. I'm not embarrassed to say sorry when I'm wrong.
All I am saying, this is not the place for a public trial-- I had a disagreement with one of staff, and settled it privately, they were very gracious an fair.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
For the benefit of anyone that doesn't already know ... Phantom Pilots is completely independent of DJI
No-one here is paid by DJI or has any other connection with DJI beyond the $$ we pay to buy our own drones.
As far as I know, no-one from DJI bothers to monitor this forum.
Blade and Ed used to drop by occasionally but they abandoned us some time back.

As far as DJI people being helpful ... have you read anything over on their forum?
It is unfortunate that we lost Blade and Ed, as they were able to often quickly dispel any misinformation and inform us of known issues that were being worked on. Now we are left to ourselves to speculate blindly in the dark with each new release.

I know that DJI is often less than helpful, and very secretive about known issues. That comment was meant as tongue in cheek. I have had some success, but only by getting past the front line to upper management, who were quite helpful and reasonable in my case.

On a more friendly note, your gallery of 96 ship photos on your website is quite impressive. I'm guessing that they were taken around Norfolk, VA, based upon the aircraft carrier 73 based there. Are there currently any restrictions flying around the shipyards there, with the aircraft carrier nearby and in port?

Reactions: Meta4
Gracious and fair is not banning an ip because 1 doesn't like the fact you disagree with them about DJI and their limits. Sorry, they should have reached out to me 1st to point out rules I broke before so called punishment.

Gracious and fair is not banning an ip because 1 doesn't like the fact you disagree with them about DJI and their limits. Sorry, they should have reached out to me 1st to point out rules I broke before so called punishment.
Sorry you feel that way --

aka1ceman .. as far as I can tell there's nothing that should effect your access and that you can still login from another device confirms that.
You've got no warnings in place and haven't been banned - and I'm not aware of any offences that you've committed that would justify that sort of thing.
There's no rule to say everyone has to agree on everything.

On a more friendly note, your gallery of 96 ship photos on your website is quite impressive. I'm guessing that they were taken around Norfolk, VA, based upon the aircraft carrier 73 based there. Are there currently any restrictions flying around the shipyards there, with the aircraft carrier nearby and in port?
*Thanks*
Completely off topic but ....
It sounds like you were looking at some of my non-aerial ship photos that I've shot all over the world but I've never been to Norfolk and can't comment on it.
That one was about two years ago when the USS George Washington visited Australia.
I also photographed her with a long lens as she went out to sea and was tempted to use the P3 when I saw her again this year but I thought it might not be the best idea to buzz a US warship.

I have verified with multiple apps to show that the 1 ip address was being blocked by your server. Only the address not the account as a whole. As I said I never said it was you that was behind it.
Either way, I understand that you may not agree with myself about DJI. I'm sorry that at times I may sound brash. I respect you as a fellow pilot, but im sorry i can not agree with you on this matter. This is not the 1st time I've delt with increased restrictions like this. I've been involved in the lobby process. I've been behind closed doors in DC. I've see how this develops. Most of these DJI decisions are shots being called by lawyers to protect DJI as a business. They are a decent business (needing help with their customer service we all agreen on). My problem as well as others here is that these last changes are not necessarily in everyone's best interest. I don't want to beat a dead horse. Please update till your hearts content. I will choose not to.
As Paul Harvey said
Good day

but I thought it might not be the best idea to buzz a US warship.
monker thumbup.gif

It is unfortunate that we lost Blade and Ed, as they were able to often quickly dispel any misinformation and inform us of known issues that were being worked on. Now we are left to ourselves to speculate blindly in the dark with each new release.
They are easy to find in the RC forum. There's no need to speculate in the dark here if you keep up with them there and pass on factual information. Both forums get goofy- it's the nature of forums. It's best to belong to a few and balance out the information, and those giving it.

Reactions: GadgetGuy and Meta4
I have verified with multiple apps to show that the 1 ip address was being blocked by your server. Only the address not the account as a whole. As I said I never said it was you that was behind it.
Like I said .. I can't find anything that might be causing the issue and it certainly has nothing to do with any disagreements.
I can only guess that it's completely unrelated but I have no idea what's caused it.
If anyone at Phantom Pilots had an issue with you, you'd get notice and if it was serious enough, you wouldn't be able to login with that identity.

They are easy to find in the RC forum. There's no need to speculate in the dark here if you keep up with them there and pass on factual information. Both forums get goofy- it's the nature of forums. It's best to belong to a few and balance out the information, and those giving it.
Thanks. I'll have to keep a closer eye on the RC forum, to get their invaluable insights. More are better!

*Thanks*
Completely off topic but ....
It sounds like you were looking at some of my non-aerial ship photos that I've shot all over the world but I've never been to Norfolk and can't comment on it.
That one was about two years ago when the USS George Washington visited Australia.
I also photographed her with a long lens as she went out to sea and was tempted to use the P3 when I saw her again this year but I thought it might not be the best idea to buzz a US warship.
Still completely off topic, but...
Ironic, isn't it, that similar photographs with a telephoto lens raise few questions, but if taken with a wide-angle drone lens are a threat to national security! Nice collection. The Washington is based in Norfolk, but obviously travels around the world. We have other aircraft carriers in our harbor on occasion, and I agree buzzing them might not be the best idea. I recently heard from a power company employee that when they are in town, or just offshore, that that the aircraft carrier's jammers cause issues with the the remote controlled utility switches miles away on shore. The Navy won't admit it, but as soon as the power company contacts Navy brass, the problems disappear! I can only imagine the jammers impact on our unsophisticated drones, if they get too close, likely knocking out both transmitter signal and GPS reception, leaving the P3P in a saltwater bath!

Does the file to roll back the fw, still works with 1.5 or 1.4?

Also, can someone provide-me a apk of previous version of DJI before 2.4? A link?
Thanks!

Here's what I found out today. If you had DJI Go app and it updated the remote to 1.5 you may have issues depending on what you want to do. Yes you can roll back 1.5 to 1.4 on the bird. Put in fresh card with 1.4. bin and it took like a champ.
Now, I have a B controller and don't know if that has anything to do with it but as of yet I've Not been able to roll back the remote. So it depends on what your doing. Roll back the bird if you want for drifting issues, etc (search this site it has many links to 1.4) if your doing it to remove restrictions in an attempt to use older DJI go, it won't work yet. The new 1.5 remote fw causes older versions (1.0.7) of Go to crash. Without DJI Go to give Litchi permissions, Litchi can't connect.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164