Should I update my phanton 3 advanced to the latest firmware 1.50030

I had done every previous firmware update, and downloaded each and every new Pilot~Go App without ever having to ask questions or voice concerns. Until this latest firmware was released. I think my mistake was because there was no second instruction file included, so not realizing I was capturing the whole file, folder and all, and placing that into the root the micro sd card. So no wonder it would not load. I must have 'fuddled' and 'duddled' with that for two days, until a bright light was lit, under my rear end. Once the bin file is extracted, by itself, the process may finally proceed. ;-)
Flown plenty with the latest firmware and Go app, she's stable/solid.

RedHotPoker
You are not alone. They apparently changed the file organization in the .zip file. I am less concerned with stability and reliability of the updates that seem to be more robust now, than with what they are locking down, and taking away. It's only a matter of time before they kill off the channel hack, which is critical to stable long range flying. Capping the developer SDK flying parameters to the DJI GO limits is closing down loopholes that the other flying apps can no longer exploit. Preventing rollbacks to older firmware versions other than one prior (in case the new one is buggy) is also locking down our flying platform further, to enable immediate compliance with any impending FAA Rules for hobbyists.

Reactions: Mordor
If you guys want to know how to disable the data recorder, read here:

Professional - Flying anonymously | DJI Phantom Forum

It's very important to note that if someone gets hold of your data recorder, not only can they view all your flights, it's possible that they will also find out where you live because the moment you turn the bird on, that data is recorded and you see a nice blue dot right in your house.

So even if you never take off from your property, we all have turned on the bird at home for firmware updates, diagnosis, etc. That data is kept for a while because the internal 4gb card can hold quite a few data and it will be a long long time until data is overwritten.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
This is what happened to me after I updated my phantom. Wont display any parameters such as battery, satellites, signal or even let me calibrate. Looks at my picture. im pissed
I updated and everything looks fine on my end.

Hi everyone,been looking here to see if this question was asked but haven't seen it,first right now with my PA3 I'm running the 1.4 firmware and getting ready this week to upgrade to the new 1.5. Now do I put the SD card back in computer and format to rid the 1.4(since PA3 has it in it's memory)then upgrade to 1.5 and then when everything is OK do I then format that also so I have a full empty card for filming and pictures? Sure hope this makes sense to you all.I've got about 6 flights under my belt so I'm still a newbie.thx
No. I just deleted the previous. Bin and .txt files. Copy the new .bin over and update. I leave it there to update the batteries.

I decided to update everything today.

Updated Go app
Updated AC
Updated RC
Updated battery 2
Performed cold imu
Camera gimbal calibration
Compass calibration.

One flight indoors in my work shop
One flight at home 18 min 8800 ft.

No problem so far, be careful of 1.6 though. I concerned of the motive behind tracking issues with the FAA

No problem so far, be careful of 1.6 though. I concerned of the motive behind tracking issues with the FAA
Actually, 1.5 was the one that prevents rollbacks more than one version, and makes the .DAT file read only. If you have already updated to 1.5, that tracking can no longer be reversed, so might as well get on board. Your ticket is already punched. :eek:

Actually, 1.5 was the one that prevents rollbacks more than one version, and makes the .DAT file read only. If you have already updated to 1.5, that tracking can no longer be reversed, so might as well get on board. Your ticket is already punched. :eek:
I

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj