shield k1 audio problem

Reaction score
I use the Nvidia shield K1 tab also the headplay goggles, when I'm using my headplay I get all audio warnings and info (home point recorded/low battery warning etc) through the head set but when I'm just using the shield K1 tab I get no sound at all, why is this as it used to before, what do I do to get it to give me audio info when just using the tablet?

Perhaps the sound on your tablet is turned off or is too low to hear.

does it have separate volume for speakers/headphones ?

don't think so Robin, on the top of the tab there's a rocker switch and when I push it up I can see a blue line going up to full sound, also I plugged my s4 mobile in and the sound comes out on that ok so it's something I've done to the shield that's causing the problem and I don't know what

I do use a stylus and that's normally plugged into the ear socket when I'm not using it , I wonder if something has got stuck inside the socket?

I do use a stylus and that's normally plugged into the ear socket when I'm not using it , I wonder if something has got stuck inside the socket?

have to get a magnifying lens to have a look.

Tec - when u hit the volume button and u see the line move, under the line hit the drop down arrow. This will then show 3 volume controls. Then u can turn all 3 up. I have the K1 as well and had the same issue.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Tec - when u hit the volume button and u see the line move, under the line hit the drop down arrow. This will then show 3 volume controls. Then u can turn all 3 up. I have the K1 as well and had the same issue.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

checked that and all 3 were up full, looks like I'll have to always use my headplay until I get this sorted out, strange that when I plug my S4 phone into the controller it works as the tablet used to do so it is something to do with the tablet, last time I flew it worked perfectly and I'm sure I haven't messed with the tab since.
the messages come up on the screen as they should do but no audio info.

Robin.had a look and the socket is clear so not that.

I've just taken a video with the tablet and there's no sound on the replay except by using ear phones, I've only had it 2 months so I recon it'll have to go back to Amazon

Last edited:
I've been in touch with nvidia help line and now waiting for a RMA as there was something wrong with it, asked to do restore and lots of other things but to no avail so back it goes, only 6 weeks old
thanks for all your advice

I've been in touch with nvidia help line and now waiting for a RMA as there was something wrong with it, asked to do restore and lots of other things but to no avail so back it goes, only 6 weeks old
thanks for all your advice
At least your going to get the problem resolved.
I have the K1 as my dedicated Phantom device and I Iove it.
Hope you have a quick turnaround time.
MB

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using PhantomPilots mobile app

At least your going to get the problem resolved.
I have the K1 as my dedicated Phantom device and I Iove it.
Hope you have a quick turnaround time.
MB

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I also use it as my dedicated Phantom device and have removed or disabled all apps, stopped all app auto updates etc I could, other than the speakers packing up I think it's a fantastic bit of kit,
I hope all goes well with the turnaround

update with my RMA from Nvidia,
after using internet chatline with them and doing all the test they asked, they decided that my shield K1 had a fault after 6 weeks from new and agreed to a RMA, so I sent it back and YES !! they sent me a brand new shield K1 in replacement, so all I can say is thank you Nvidia for your excellent 100% service:D:D

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing