Seems Women don't like flying drones...

It's not that bad but it is kinda heading that way. Hope it doesn't.

Last edited:
I'm not leaving the board. LOL. Although, I don't have a garage full of toys anymore after my divorce a couple years ago. Pretty much had to sell everything to survive.

Heather,

If I hadn't been married to my wonderful wife for so many years and I was 30 years younger, I'd have PM'd you too! But you probably don't like fishing anyway!

Jerry

View attachment 52697

Why did you take a photo of your bait? :) j/k

Sorry, I am used to Florida gulf fishing with piano wire leaders and 100# line. Wish I still had the photos of the 18' black tip I caught when I was 15 (all my film based photos were lost in a hurricane flood :( ).

Reactions: Jtrjr
This reminds me of the day I met my wife in a Radisson hotel phone booth in San Diego. When I walked her out to her car trying to impress her with my charm, she opens her trunk and I see a shotgun. She told me she was going trap shooting later that day. We got married 18mos later. Been married for 28yrs. We have a long list of toys too.

Last edited:
This reminds me of the day I met my wife in a Radisson hotel phone booth in San Diego. When I walked her out to her car trying to impress her with my charm, she opens her trunk and I see a shotgun. She told me she was going trap shooting later that day. We got married 18mos later. Been married for 28yrs. We have a long list of toys too.

I love that!!!

Wolf,

Never really did any ocean fishing. I love the show Wicked Tuna, though. It must be a real rush to bring one of those things in. Sorry to hear that the hurricane took many of your memories.

Jerry

Didn't take the memories. Just photos and things. Water got into a storage unit we had there during Hurricane Opal. They don't worry me. I will be back there when I retire. Just for the record, I have lost more stuff due to basement flooding up here in Wisconsin from rapid spring thaws than I have in Hurricanes. And when I head back home, it will be the glee of not having to shovel my precipitation that I will enjoy most.

Love that story.

We had a little fun at the SIL's wedding and posed for some photos at the range after the ceremony...

We eliminated 3 potential boyfriends for GD15 at the range. I guess there is something not so macho about having your girl shoot a bigger gun or better than you do that seems to cause them to move on :) for easier prey. Its so enjoyable to see that look of desire transform into the look of desperation on their face as they realize the gravity of the situation that they are being owned by an old guy and a girl. The long ride back home is SO different than the ride out was. I swear I can hear the squeaking of the wheels in their brains as they try to formulate a story to tell in the boys room on Monday.

I suspect I will have the same fun with the next ones in line for dating (hopefully I have a few more years to get ready for GD12 and GD10)...

Hard to imagine that little girl can head shot a squirrel at 100yd or hit a dinner plate at +250yd.

God I love my job as a grandpa :)

We eliminated 3 potential boyfriends for GD15 at the range. I guess there is something not so macho about having your girl shoot a bigger gun or better than you do that seems to cause them to move on :) for easier prey. Its so enjoyable to see that look of desire transform into the look of desperation on their face as they realize the gravity of the situation that they are being owned by an old guy and a girl. The long ride back home is SO different than the ride out was. I swear I can hear the squeaking of the wheels in their brains as they try to formulate a story to tell in the boys room on Monday.

My wife enjoyed your story. I have a 7mos old GD, I look forward to following your enlightenment path in 14yrs.

My wife enjoyed your story. I have a 7mos old GD, I look forward to following your enlightenment path in 14yrs.

Hopefully she will keep you on your toes. There are two things you really must teach her. 1. How to swim. 2. How to handle a firearm. With those two skills she can go anywhere she wants and not come home in a body bag. Some day she will be around water and lesson 1 will save her. Some day she might discover an unattended gun (friends showing off for example) or be confronted with someone with one. Lesson 2 will hopefully save her there.

I hope you will experience all the love and fun with your GD that I have with mine. There have been rough times but I wouldn't trade them for anything. I think they made the good times all that much sweeter.

This is one of my other "toys". Not the tiny one, a guy at work rides that, the Goldwing.

The Bumbles are also a hobby. www.facebook.com/BumbleandSon

A co-worker and I post here.

Girls are here, just not as apparent.

1995 Goldwing.jpg 95 Goldwing 1.jpg

Reactions: heathery94

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka