RTH first time

What are you talking about? What do you think I'm wrong about??? Don't care about your approval either btw.
I have to agree with Oso, you're lost with misinformation. There is no crowd sourcing GPS collaboration possible for an Ipad wifi only monitor, able to set a home point without the craft next to you. Did you make that up? If not, where did you get that idea? You seem like a teenager with an attitude that won't listen to reason, which matches the tone of your avatar. I think we're done with your thread, it's been unproductive and misleading with your misinformation.

I have to agree with Oso, you're lost with misinformation. There is no crowd sourcing GPS collaboration possible for an Ipad wifi only monitor, able to set a home point without the craft next to you. Did you make that up? If not, where did you get that idea? You seem like a teenager with an attitude that won't listen to reason, which matches the tone of your avatar. I think we're done with your thread, it's been unproductive and misleading with your misinformation.
FFS sake I never even said that!!!!!

We were talking about compass calibration and wifi iPads without cellular and then someone brought that into the conversation.

I had one non-GPS reciever for a half a day because only an amateur flier would fly a drone without a reciever on their RC for photography.

It's like a bad episode of the twilight zone.

I do remember making a home point for the day I did have it and someone else backed it up on an iPad without cell.

Either way, I don't care!!!!!!!!!

I care more about the 1314rd public hair on my left testicle than this stupid conversation that I never had.

One thing I've learned on this forum is that when you take a hobby and a profession and mix them together you get a lot of people that think they know a lot about each. I happen to have been a hobbyist RC flier, driver, and more since I was a child and I am a cinematographer by trade so I know what's up. Sorry if that's rude somehow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow this dude is insistent, I lost the will to read after the second meltdown

This was the first time it kicked in. I was scared, wasn't expecting it. I had planned to try it out in an open field when I could try it. Instead it kicked in while it was out near a stream some distance away, but not as far as I had gone before. I had lost LOS of it but had FPV and thought I had enough signal strength. Apparently not. For those few seconds I sat there looking and listening for it to appear. I knew the home point was set as I heard it announced by the go app. How many of you almost panicked the first time?
RTH has saved mine twice now

This was the first time it kicked in. I was scared, wasn't expecting it. I had planned to try it out in an open field when I could try it. Instead it kicked in while it was out near a stream some distance away, but not as far as I had gone before. I had lost LOS of it but had FPV and thought I had enough signal strength. Apparently not. For those few seconds I sat there looking and listening for it to appear. I knew the home point was set as I heard it announced by the go app. How many of you almost panicked the first time?
You're not alone.

In case you have not figured it out yet, this guy thinks he knows everything. There is no discussion with him, and once you disagree it will disintegrate into a name calling rant and meltdown. Been there, done that. Best just to ignore and move along.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I just seems to me, and only me, that by the time I receive the email from PhantomPilots.com about "last weeks top stories" I'm way behind the power curve (re: late for the party) and some threads are closed, threatened to be closed or someone is tired of the topic and complains that it should be closed because THEY are over it... long before I have a shot at posting anything to it. And since I'm late to the party (so to speak) I feel like any posts I make will not be taken seriously or a comment, not directed at me of course, indicates that I'm wasting my time, and theirs, by posting on said topic. So much for public participation in a forum meant to help us all. So I suggest those amongst us who are not admins, request being part of the administration of PhantomPilots.com so that you can be the sole arbiter of what can and cannot be posted. And if you cannot become an admin and hence, sole arbiter of what can and cannot be posted here, I suggest you go somewhere else to complain about whatever has put your underwear in a knot. From here on out I hope to maintain a lurking status and just read what is worth reading but not participate any further through my posting comments, suggestions, ideas, musings, experiences, whatever. It's going to be hard because I feel like I have something worth offering here but it appears there are those here who think otherwise and feel that they are the few who have sentient ideas, comments, suggestion, worthy of everyone else's time. I'm getting too long in the tooth to waste my time being slammed for participating even though I'm not the focus of some folk's tender sensibilities and fragile emotional state.

What height did you have set for the RTH? This might be something that we forget to set for each flight although mine is set to 100m which is probably enough to clear what I fly around. For the RTH which is triggered by the battery level the disconcerting thing would be the power that's required to get the bird up to that clearance height and back down again.

When I lose LOS I set it to F-home lock mode. Then I'll just pull the lever back and know it's on its way back to me as indicated by the map inset.

Good response, I was thinking this also.
Do you also change the altitude of your drone so when you pull back on the right stick it does not hit anything or does it automatically go to a predetermined height like RTH?

What height did you have set for the RTH? This might be something that we forget to set for each flight although mine is set to 100m which is probably enough to clear what I fly around. For the RTH which is triggered by the battery level the disconcerting thing would be the power that's required to get the bird up to that clearance height and back down again.

I have the height set at 80 meters, plenty for my area.

Good response, I was thinking this also.
Do you also change the altitude of your drone so when you pull back on the right stick it does not hit anything or does it automatically go to a predetermined height like RTH?

I always fly at a height well above any trees or obstacles in my area.

I use my iPad air2 all the time. It does not have cell on it. But I have only used it at my house so far. It hooks up to my wifi for location(I guess). I don't look forward to using my iPhone when flying. I really enjoy the big screen of the iPad.
set an access point up on your iphone and wifi you pad to your phone when you're out and about.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl