RotorPixel Gimbal Technical Discussion

Skip,

What setup & gear do you have?;)

Reactions: Skipholiday
Skip,

What setup & gear do you have?;)
I have two Vison+V2 (both with upgraded gimball wheel controller, 9450 props), One PV2 (H3 3D gimball Gopro 4, Futaba 14Sg Controller, diversity monitor, skyzone goggles, extended legs,*Its the Aerial Media Pros "Pro Pack" ), Vision (RotoPixal gimball, Gimball wheel controller, full filter kit) 13 batteries for those. newest addition Phantom V3 1 battery, 3 on order. 3 tradecraft cases and 2 cheap backpack cases. I swap 2 Flytrex 3g's between all the phantoms except the 3.

Reactions: Clampit
I have two Vison+V2 (both with upgraded gimball wheel controller, 9450 props), One PV2 (H3 3D gimball Gopro 4, Futaba 14Sg Controller, diversity monitor, skyzone goggles, extended legs,*Its the Aerial Media Pros "Pro Pack" ), Vision (RotoPixal gimball, Gimball wheel controller, full filter kit) 13 batteries for those. newest addition Phantom V3 1 battery, 3 on order. 3 tradecraft cases and 2 cheap backpack cases. I swap 2 Flytrex 3g's between all the phantoms except the 3.

Blimey wished I hadn't asked....... :D Only playing;)

I think you can teach me a thing or two with your setups;) I do like the idea of the goggles, can these be used with a P2V.

Blimey wished I hadn't asked....... :D Only playing;)

I think you can teach me a thing or two with your setups;) I do like the idea of the goggles, can these be used with a P2V.
I only use the goggles on the PV2 since its wifi configuration is reverse for the Visions. You will love goggles. best to sit when flying with them on.
1st flights I let my son control the drone while I got the feel of moving.. Its a complete different experience.
I use the same setup to mount a gopro on my dog and watch him with the goggles. Fun ride.

I only use the goggles on the PV2 since its wifi configuration is reverse for the Visions. You will love goggles. best to sit when flying with them on.
1st flights I let my son control the drone while I got the feel of moving.. Its a complete different experience.
I use the same setup to mount a gopro on my dog and watch him with the goggles. Fun ride.

Would love to go down that route, have you got any vids on it or any info that I can look into, like what needed & sooooo on.

Would love to go down that route, have you got any vids on it or any info that I can look into, like what needed & sooooo on.
No videos of the goggles. usually only use them for fun flights. I have videos from the other Phantoms on my youtube page. Nothing great. Usually post when I have a problem,
<<near crash using ground station. Altitude was too low. Phantom recovers well and makes it home.
below is a pic I took yesterday
13.PNG

Now that was a very close call..... But a nice video;) yep I done a few ground station missions but never put them to YouTube as yet.

Your photo, brilliant..... Is it raw or have you photo shopped it?

I will change mine often trying to see what's best for this gimbal . Some times I will change it so the pitch is high to get the props in like in that video I just posted . Normally you won't see that .

I will change mine often trying to see what's best for this gimbal . Some times I will change it so the pitch is high to get the props in like in that video I just posted . Normally you won't see that .

I'm the same as you dirk, every now & then I also like to see the props on screen, I set my gimbal up the same as your settings, wanted to go out this evening to try but again it's to windy:(

Good weather here at the end of the week so I'll try then;)

Reactions: dirkclod
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/skyzone...iver-with-head-tracker-v2.html?___store=en_us << goggles I use.
My shop burned in February. Im building a new one and Ive been using my Phantoms to document the progress.
Now that was a very close call..... But a nice video;) yep I done a few ground station missions but never put them to YouTube as yet.

Your photo, brilliant..... Is it raw or have you photo shopped it?
these are clips I use the snipping tool in windows and grab the images I like best.
Im older and can't see very well, when I was flying I actually thought I was closer to the other side of the river. :-/ I wasn't even half way across.
being oVer water brings a new fear and excitement into flying.
The large birds concern me more than the Phantom failing.
in this image you can see my old shop in a pile of rusted debris.

Attachments

• DJI_0010.JPG
    DJI_0010.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 277
  • DJI00216.JPG
    DJI00216.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 364
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/skyzone...iver-with-head-tracker-v2.html?___store=en_us << goggles I use.
My shop burned in February. Im building a new one and Ive been using my Phantoms to document the progress.

these are clips I use the snipping tool in windows and grab the images I like best.
Im older and can't see very well, when I was flying I actually thought I was closer to the other side of the river. :-/ I wasn't even half way across.
being oVer water brings a new fear and excitement into flying.
The large birds concern me more than the Phantom failing.
in this image you can see my old shop in a pile of rusted debris.

Gutted about your shop Skip but all looking good with with the progress on your new one. Yep that's the good thing about our phantoms, they take really good arial pics.

Hope you don't mind me asking... What do ya sell?

Thanks for the link on the goggles, sooooo they defo work with the phantom 2 Vision?;)

Gutted about your shop Skip but all looking good with with the progress on your new one. Yep that's the good thing about our phantoms, they take really good arial pics.

Hope you don't mind me asking... What do ya sell?

Thanks for the link on the goggles, sooooo they defo work with the phantom 2 Vision?;)
We don't sell anything. I'm retired from the Army. I like Suzuki Samurai's. My son and I mod them to go off road. We make most of our own parts. We have cnc plasma table, tube benders and welders. Hobby things. We have a facebook page. LooseNutFab.

Reactions: dirkclod
We don't sell anything. I'm retired from the Army. I like Suzuki Samurai's. My son and I mod them to go off road. We make most of our own parts. We have cnc plasma table, tube benders and welders. Hobby things. We have a facebook page. LooseNutFab.

Very intresting, I'll check out your face book page now;)

Well, looks like the shops almost complete, looking good my friend;)

I've also added a comment on your page, hope you don't mind..:eek:

Well, looks like the shops almost complete, looking good my friend;)

I've also added a comment on your page, hope you don't mind..:eek:
Glad you visited. We mod anything we can disassemble. My house is about 75% solar. I would eventually like the shop to be 100% solar.

Oh well,

Better get ready for work:( catch ya later;) have a good day all, speak later dirk;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka