RotorPixel Gimbal Technical Discussion

Nice one dirk;) question & answer from one person:D

Glad you got it sorted out, damp electronics in the gimbal.:)
We just had a Tornado go by and had went to get pic's of the tree's down and got caught in a quick rain and couldn't get down fast enough.
Had never seen the gimbal act like that before :eek:

I'm wondering now if maybe I should try and spray some kind of sealer around the board to keep moisture out
as I do try and get weather shots to Tweet out and do get caught like that sometimes !
Will have to study on that !!! The moisture had to have came in the back where the little button is .

We just had a Tornado go by and had went to get pic's of the tree's down and got caught in a quick rain and couldn't get down fast enough.
Had never seen the gimbal act like that before :eek:

****, I really hope neighbors are ok? And your property as well.

It's that time of year, I guess. We'll Happy Memorial Day weekend to you.

Let us know how much damage is around, maybe with pics/video?

All the best out of SD!

Reactions: dirkclod
I'm wondering now if maybe I should try and spray some kind of sealer around the board to keep moisture out
as I do try and get weather shots to Tweet out and do get caught like that sometimes !
Will have to study on that !!! The moisture had to have came in the back where the little button is .
I'm thinking the motors are the culprit.

Instead of using some electrical water proof spray, what about trying something like blue tack to cover up the gaps;) at leased the tack can be removed from the gimbal;)

If you use spray, could....not saying it would.... Cause problems. Then you need to clean all the electrics. ;);)

Just my thoughts anyways:D

Hope all is well your way with the tornado:eek: Mother Nature for ya:confused:

Last edited:
Thanks guy's !! More like it just went over and got lots of big tree's around town and gonna go back out and see if I can get back up and get some .
We were lucky and have a lot of these here .

Thanks guy's !! More like it just went over and got lots of big tree's around town and gonna go back out and see if I can get back up and get some .
We were lucky and have a lot of these here .

Dirk, share the video with us, would be very interesting to see:confused:

I'm an amerter meteroligest, love the weather thing but we in the UK don't get anything like that, only on the rare ocassion;)

Got my own weather site, check it out:). http://www.burnhamoncrouchweather.com.

Also gives me a good idea when I can fly locally;)

Last edited:
Dirk, share the video with us, would be very interesting to see:confused:

I'm an amerter meteroligest, love the weather thing but we in the UK don't get anything like that, only on the rare ocassion;)

Got my own weather site, check it out:). http://www.burnhamoncrouchweather.com.

Also gives me a good idea when I can fly locally;)
Cool Porky !!! Hope you the one that reads the guestbook :eek: :D

Reactions: Clampit
Hey guys...quick update...I updated my Compass to the latest model and all seems OK wth calibration so far! :) But BTW...the new compass cable that is sheilded is super short and almost couldnt get my cover back on! Future updates should allow just a little more cable there....so it's not so snug...also the landing gear hole is super snug as well, expecially with the new shielded compass and gimbal cables together...(slightly larger wouldnt hurt)
my two cents - happy flying!

Reactions: djalan and dirkclod
Hey guys...quick update...I updated my Compass to the latest model and all seems OK wth calibration so far! :) But BTW...the new compass cable that is sheilded is super short and almost couldnt get my cover back on! Future updates should allow just a little more cable there....so it's not so snug...also the landing gear hole is super snug as well, expecially with the new shielded compass and gimbal cables together...(slightly larger wouldnt hurt)
my two cents - happy flying!

Heyyyyyyy, great news..,;)
Now go & fly & enjoy!

So glad you got a fix;) happy chappy now, yeah?:)

Hi:

I bound the new controller with the gimaball wheel to my Vison with Rotopixal gimball. All works well until I shut down the bird. When I turn the vision off and back on the gimball points straight down until I use the wheel to move it back up. I tried selecting reverse in the assistant software and it still does the same thing. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Terry

Terry it's been doing that for as long as I have been reading about these things . Mine does the same and I just hold my wheel up when I power up my bird and it just kinda shakes and then all is fine . I have never seen a fix for this .Sometimes I just let it go down as my skids are high enough
for the camera clear the ground .
Not saying there isn't a fix but I have never seen it .

Reactions: Skipholiday
Terry it's been doing that for as long as I have been reading about these things . Mine does the same and I just hold my wheel up when I power up my bird and it just kinda shakes and then all is fine . I have never seen a fix for this .Sometimes I just let it go down as my skids are high enough
for the camera clear the ground .
Not saying there isn't a fix but I have never seen it .
good deal. I will work on this :)
Thanks so much for the reply

good deal. I will work on this :)
Thanks so much for the reply
You are welcome :)
I tried all the settings but finally just gave up . I know in the main RPG thread that's so long they talk about this and some just built
little platforms for theirs so it wouldn't hit .
I put the +'s skids on mine and it clears with no problem .

Hey Dirk so the legs from the Vision plus fit on ours?
Yep, gives about 1/2" more space. But you still need to roll the wheel when it starts up.

OR, you can get extra long legs from HobbyKing but it dont look right (I tried them and went back to the Plus legs).

Hey Dirk so the legs from the Vision plus fit on ours?
Yep Squid like Cy said . I also have my antenna brackets and added little skid wrappers to get more height as the filter
kit kept wanting to hit .
Skids.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair