RotorPixel Gimbal Technical Discussion

It is a little bit of a pain to change them out because of what ya have to put through the holes [camera cable and compass cable ] but
if I can do it a caveman can ;)

It is a little bit of a pain to change them out because of what ya have to put through the holes [camera cable and compass cable ] but
if I can do it a caveman can ;)

Hey dirk,
Just asked this guy
image.jpg
& he said he can't:D

Reactions: dirkclod
As above, it's easy. But be gentle with the antenna's they break easy. How do I know? :(

As above, it's easy. But be gentle with the antenna's they break easy. How do I know? :(
Believe that's in another thread eh Cy :D

QUOTE="Cyclone, post: 397913, member: 7197"]Yeah :(

:)[/QUOTE]
I beleave all I have learned to fix is by having mishaps like the one you speak of !
My last was having to straighten out the main frame on my RPG because a limb had
to jump out and grab it. Feel like an expert now on them being i had to redo it 3 times
before I got it back together right ! We mess up and we fix it and try to show others as
those before us have showed us bro ;)
Now I see ya got ya a P3P and ya gonna run off and leave us :(...:p
;)

Reactions: Cyclone
I hear you Dirk.

Some of the fixes are easy to do, and a lot of peeps on here (you included) have got me out of trouble as well.

Im fairly certain you and others in here will soon move across the landing to the other forum :)

I hear you Dirk.

Some of the fixes are easy to do, and a lot of peeps on here (you included) have got me out of trouble as well.

Im fairly certain you and others in here will soon move across the landing to the other forum :)
;)

Hey guys...quick update...I updated my Compass to the latest model and all seems OK wth calibration so far! :) But BTW...the new compass cable that is sheilded is super short and almost couldnt get my cover back on! Future updates should allow just a little more cable there....so it's not so snug...also the landing gear hole is super snug as well, expecially with the new shielded compass and gimbal cables together...(slightly larger wouldnt hurt)
my two cents - happy flying!
hi Duckdogs007! I'm having the same problem. May I ask where did you order the new Compass from?

I have been trying to get my gimbal setting's just right . Messing around today I found using my clip on prop guards I could use them
and watch the horizon doing sharp moves which you can see by the guards . Wasn't as off as I first thought !!
Held the camera all the way up as I was doing this .

Reactions: Clampit
Thanks for sharing dirk,
I take it you wernt happy with your gimbal settings? Have you now got it sorted?

I don't use prop guards but I think mines ok, well me thinks;) will have to compare our settings;)

Thanks for sharing dirk,
I take it you wernt happy with your gimbal settings? Have you now got it sorted?

I don't use prop guards but I think mines ok, well me thinks;) will have to compare our settings;)
Wasn't that I wasn't happy but didn't think I had it right till I saw just how much the quad was moving by looking at those guard's so now I think it is right . When I go back in assistant I will get a screenshot Of what mine are now .

Wasn't that I wasn't happy but didn't think I had it right till I saw just how much the quad was moving by looking at those guard's so now I think it is right . When I go back in assistant I will get a screenshot Of what mine are now .

Thanks dirk, I'll do the same.

Hey dirk,

Here we go... Screen shot of my settings;) let's compare notes;)

image.jpg

Reactions: Skipholiday
Do you use the lens filter holder or a sunshade on your camera?
Skip I had the filter kit on mine but had to take it off . To balance mine with it on I had to slide the camera almost all the way back which caused the plug in the back of it to make contact when I had it pointed straight down at times with the bottom plate and gimbal would jump .
I only had it on anyway to have a clear lens over the camera lens for protection .

Reactions: Skipholiday
Do you use the lens filter holder or a sunshade on your camera?

Same as dirk, filter kit..;) It was very tight with the plug hitting the gimbal frame but I've left mine on.
image.jpg

No problems with pitch straight down, suppose everyone's setup is slightly different.

Dirk, cor your setting are a lot different to mine but I'm still playing around with mine;) might try yours just to see the differents:)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik