Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

MattOlieman said:
iResq said:
Just received a bill from Fed Ex for $23.67. $17.17 for import duty and $6.50 for advancement fee.

What happened to NAFTA? I've purchased from Canada many times and have never been charged a fee.

Oh well, still cheaper than my ex-wife.

Doesn't sound right. I've received no bill, at least not yet and I hope not.

What ?.....from your ex wife lol

:lol:

While Keri relaxes on a working Holiday in Dominica....Back home, the unthinkable happens!!!! :lol:

l4u8.jpg

The Rookie

MattOlieman said:

I received mine a couple of weeks ago so it took some time for FedEx to bill me. Doesn't sound right to me either.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I really don't understand all the bitching and moaning, especially from those who see themselves as business gurus and who want to thrust business advice upon Rotorpixel.
For those self anointed gurus, here are the decision factors for your dilemma :

1. You entered into an open agreement from which you can withdraw at anytime without penalty. So, withdraw. Easy decision #1.
2. There is a substitute readily available (Taco and Taco Supreme). So, purchase a substitute. Easy decision #2.

Stop making noise and make a simple business decision. After all, it's just business, right?

If you are disappointed that it has taken so long for Rotorpixel to meet demand that's a different story. Be disappointed. I'm sure everyone that's waiting is disappointed. I'd love to have my gimbal right now. But that's the deal I entered into. If I don't like it I can follow the easy decision process above and relieve my disappointment. The real question is, will I be disappointed with the Taco? Probably. So, do I wait for the RP or buy a Taco?

grochester said:
The real question is, will I be disappointed with the Taco? Probably. So, do I wait for the RP or buy a Taco?

From personal experience, although Taco Bell seems like a good idea if you are in a hurry, it usually leads to regret a couple hours later :D
I am not sure if fast food analogies work for gimbals though.....

Anxiously (patiently) awaiting my RP order #383.

BManCan

I had some time on my hands today and called a few DJI dealers asking a few gimbal questions. I had a couple of knowledgeable folk tell me if I haven't ordered a gimbal yet to hold off until mid April and couldn't say much more. Although I did already order a Rotorpixel gimbal on February 10th, #456, it will be interesting to see what/if DJI releases mid April for the Vision.

Coincidentally, my family is involved in several TV stations and I noticed that DJI has an exhibit booth at the NAB conference in Las Vegas April 5th - 10th. http://nab14.mapyourshow.com/5_0/exhibi ... ?exhid=838

A lot of exhibitors show off their new products at these shows, always a possibility.

Ooh that sounds like an opportunity to have a second P2V lol

....or was that a different gimbal.....oh the choices are endless lol......what I dont want is a choice of "quality" gimbals !!

:?

marc111 said:
iResq said:
MattOlieman said:

I received mine a couple of weeks ago so it took some time for FedEx to bill me. Doesn't sound right to me either.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

You had to pay after you received it ?
How much did they charge you?

iResq said:
Just received a bill from Fed Ex for $23.67. $17.17 for import duty and $6.50 for advancement fee.

What happened to NAFTA? I've purchased from Canada many times and have never been charged a fee.

Oh well, still cheaper than my ex-wife.

I looked up the NAFTA agreement to see if it's changed or expired. It hasn't changed and won't expire until August 2014. Must be the way the invoice was written. I can't check with FedEx until I get an invoice.

Is there any updates on shipping dates ? Are we back in production mode, since the issues have been or are being resolved ?

I'm being very patient. Would like an update tho.

Thanks,
The Rookie

RCRookie said:
Is there any updates on shipping dates ? Are we back in production mode, since the issues have been or are being resolved ?

Thanks,
The Rookie

#365 has not shipped yet. It is next in line.

XCcoach said:
RCRookie said:

Thanks,
The Rookie

#365 has not shipped yet. It is next in line.

Your's is the next in line to have the improved QC. So should be good. :)

It seems 410 is a good place to be, extra stringent QC and yet still "right around the corner" production wise...

Some of the posts in this thread are amazing..I simply agreed to the terms of the pre-order..I am waiting patiently..also enjoying the pics and videos that the guys who have received theirs are posting.

I'am number 637 :D

It will arrive one day..and when it does, I'll also be posting some pics n vids

RotorPixel Rocks!!! :mrgreen:

It was with some regret and trepidation that today I cancelled my RP gimbal and ordered a Taco Supreme. I'm really pulling for RP, partly because they are Canadian and partly because I think the RP gimbal will turn out to be a better gimbal than the Taco. However, the Taco will meet my needs for now and by the time I outgrow it I'm sure UAV/Drone technology will have moved on and the P2V, gimbal and all, will be yet another technological paperweight along with my Palm Pilot, innumerable cell phones, tablets, cameras and laptops.

Hi all,

I'm new to the quadcopter world, but jumped in with both feet. I bought the Phantom Vision and -- despite winter weather giving me only one day of outdoor flight with it -- took it along on the long-planned trip to Dominica led by Keri Wilk. Keri brought a Rotorpixel gimbal along for me, and installed it on my Phantom in a flash.

What a great product! I had shot a few battery charges of video with the stock setup, so I was aware of the limitations. The smoothness of the video with the Rotorpixel is terrific. I'm still a beginner flyer, and the video I've shot shows that, but I'm very excited about the potential. One of my favorite points of the product is the capacity to point the camera straight down. The increased range of motion is very valuable, and lets you plan some dramatic sequences. (I learned a lot by looking over Keri's shoulder while he flew, too.)

I know something about the durability too. I was bringing the Phantom down from >200 feet when the battery was getting low. I brought it down a bit too fast by a high cliff, and there may have been down-drafts there, but in any case it went into a wobble and the landing was pretty ugly. Fortunately the camera was not pointed down, and neither it nor the gimbal were damaged.

In sum, I am very impressed with the design and value of the product. Keri is very forthcoming with information about this product (and the Phantom in general), and lots of fun to talk to. It's also a blast to watch him fly and film!

tubino said:
Hi all,

I'm new to the quadcopter world, but jumped in with both feet. I bought the Phantom Vision and -- despite winter weather giving me only one day of outdoor flight with it -- took it along on the long-planned trip to Dominica led by Keri Wilk. Keri brought a Rotorpixel gimbal along for me, and installed it on my Phantom in a flash.

What a great product! I had shot a few battery charges of video with the stock setup, so I was aware of the limitations. The smoothness of the video with the Rotorpixel is terrific. I'm still a beginner flyer, and the video I've shot shows that, but I'm very excited about the potential. One of my favorite points of the product is the capacity to point the camera straight down. The increased range of motion is very valuable, and lets you plan some dramatic sequences. (I learned a lot by looking over Keri's shoulder while he flew, too.)

I know something about the durability too. I was bringing the Phantom down from >200 feet when the battery was getting low. I brought it down a bit too fast by a high cliff, and there may have been down-drafts there, but in any case it went into a wobble and the landing was pretty ugly. Fortunately the camera was not pointed down, and neither it nor the gimbal were damaged.

In sum, I am very impressed with the design and value of the product. Keri is very forthcoming with information about this product (and the Phantom in general), and lots of fun to talk to. It's also a blast to watch him fly and film!

Very happy that you all had a great time on the "vacation".
And I believe Keri is as meticulous about engineering a top product as he is about getting a top-quality product to market.
So it begs the question ....
Did Keri talk about the "plan" going forward?
As I do consider my upfront payment and order to be a "venture capital" move.
But sitting on $200,000+ (USD) of venture capital, even by 2014 measures, does require a bit of a communication about the "plan" - would you agree?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT