Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Quick question -- assembled the Gimbal, nice and easy, well put together!

However -- the cable feeding the pitch info from the old gimbal to the RP fell off somewhere in transit. It has a black and white wire. Peering at the pcb I can see the connector nearest to the roll motor frame is labelled "rxp" so that'll be where to put it.. but is it with the black wire towards the ground or the sky? The pins on the pcb are just labelled p1,2,3 not ground, power, signal....
And I can't quite see that connection in any of the photos!

Thanks....

Well, no probs.. I found the data for the controller board.

It's a nice day here, but windy with strong gusts up to 25mph... So I had a little test flight -- it's brilliant! Looking at the fpv display you'd think there was no wind at all, it's only the sound of the props continually fighting the wind that tells you it's windy!

And nice to be able to point straight down...

Now to go study the video...

:) :) :)

Is there an update as to what order #'s went out this week by any chance? Just getting back state side and leaving for a 2 week trip to Liverpool, Dublin, and London in a week... really want to know what the chances are that I will have my gimbal by Friday... #449

gpauk said:

It's a nice day here, but windy with strong gusts up to 25mph... So I had a little test flight -- it's brilliant! Looking at the fpv display you'd think there was no wind at all, it's only the sound of the props continually fighting the wind that tells you it's windy!

My vision doesn't record sound ?

gpauk said:

Glad you got it sorted, just got in from somewhere and was going to have a look at mine for you but no need now. It's very good, isn't it? I also find the extra inertia seems to make the aircraft a little less jittery in windy conditions, too (but that might be psychological - and doesn't matter as the gimbal soaks it up anyway).

danmiami said:
Is there an update as to what order #'s went out this week by any chance? Just getting back state side and leaving for a 2 week trip to Liverpool, Dublin, and London in a week... really want to know what the chances are that I will have my gimbal by Friday... #449

well based on current production and a issue i would suspect you are right around ..early june maybe mid june .last known shipment before an issue arose was lie 365 ..which make it still like 10-15 gimbals per week ..maybe July

Keri said they would get more staff involved and ramp up production a bit so that's probably a very very conservative estimate, when in reality they will probably ramp up production in the next few weeks I guess.

pyrophantom said:
Keri said they would get more staff involved and ramp up production a bit so that's probably a very very conservative estimate, when in reality they will probably ramp up production in the next few weeks I guess.

I remember reading the long post about going to 100/week... Wish they would reply to emails - sent one about a week ago to see if they could tell me if I should expect mine or not... <silence>...

pyrophantom said:

This was stated a month ago as well. And here we are a month later with less than 100 shipped and a full week without a shipment (that I know of).

I'm sure this will all be sorted out now that he is back in Canada.

Stupid way to run a business, if he keeps screwing around he going to lose a lot of business to all the gimbals coming to the market.
Once DJI starts making them (if) that'll be the game changer.
Its not like he didn't know there was all this interest.
Got to get while the get things good !

Pull_Up said:
Oh and because people asked, here's a quick vid of the gimbal in action on the aircraft, not being wobbled by hand!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xruyhlh387Y[/youtube]

Thanks for this Simon. Wish I could get my gimbal soon!!

Received mine order number 362 in Louisiana on March 20th.

So far so good -- slight vibration noise in gimbal motor when camera straight down (using 7th channel -- but it shouldn't matter). Keri has responded and is looking into it.

Simon, thanks for video on dampers -- it is counterintuitive to tighten to reduce vibration. I'll try various "tightening" settings.

I have a dronexpert on phantom #2 so I can hopefully do some comparisons when the spring winds die down.

Ok.... i have finally put in an order for the Rotorpixel and are now waiting and waiting and waiting as i was prepared to do. My # is 889, so lets do the math. We are at #365 meaning there are 524 other people that will get happy before me. If, the output is 25 RG's (Rotorpixel Gimbals) a week i will receive it earliest August (pr. now the production isn't even that high yet) at 50 RG's a week early June. So the prospects are not hopeless. This is however if all the production goes to us Pre-orders and not to Retailers. What i am actually wishing for is:

An active countdown of a visible order number display telling what are the status on orders. Because knowing that RG's are shipping is a very soothing for us that waits. Give us a count down dammit :D :D

I know we sign on the pre-orders acknowledging to be patient and i am prepared to be, but i am afraid that other Gimbals are coming at an alarming speed and if we don't get some sort of incentive to the time frame of the deliveries many Will jump ship i think.

The RG is in my opinion, and based on videos and testimonials the best one out there, but that is for now, so i hope they pick up the pace, i live in Norway and have falls and fjords and rivers to video this summer.

yeah good luck with that!!! i am thinking maybe 2015 and with the problems they are having.. no RP were shipped this week.. 3D Power should be looking pretty good. for you people right now. And they are shipping right now the wait is only about a week

The only thing that would possibly make me sway from the RP gimbal is if DJI released a gimbal. I'm just not sure I still would. The ability to transfer to other machines, HD motors, and future camera mounts make it more useful for future multirotors/cameras. I'm just not sure how much Rotorpixel has supported previous gimbals they sold and whether they have continued to release items for them or support their repair. That might be telling for this one.

My order is 795 but I would soon go on a pleasure trip on 1st May .

To get a gimbal anyway (stock camera footage is almost useless if there is mild wind, even after wrap stablization by After Effect), I have ordered 3DPower on 21 March. Received the gimbal this morning (as I am living in Hong Kong).I also ordered their just released direct power upgrade kit.

I have not cancelled RP order yet, since RP with aluminium frame is much more rigid than 3DPower plastic printing, plus a possible upgrade to 3 axis.

Hope 3D Power is also catching up to release a 3 axis upgrade kit. More competition, the better.

Raymond

Keri, I have sent several emails and one from your website. Please read and respond. ( I am posting here cuz you seem to be reading this too) I want the color changed on my order from Black to white, before you ship, ( in case you increase production, before you see my email).
Order# 1402072535 It is under my girlfriends name. It is a gift. She knows I want the change :)

(very sorry to hijack the thread)

Geert said:
Just got a phone call from the custom office, they will deliver this afternoon AFTER I PAY 111,50 EURO. :shock:

Seems that others had more luck with the customs.

:( :( :(

Bloody hell m8 that sounds a little excessive !!!! :shock:

mra1228 said:
Received mine order number 362 in Louisiana on March 20th.

So far so good -- slight vibration noise in gimbal motor when camera straight down (using 7th channel -- but it shouldn't matter). Keri has responded and is looking into it.

Simon, thanks for video on dampers -- it is counterintuitive to tighten to reduce vibration. I'll try various "tightening" settings.

I have a dronexpert on phantom #2 so I can hopefully do some comparisons when the spring winds die down.

Where in Louisiana are you located? Would like to check it out if you are close and would not mind. My number is 682. It will be a while.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart