Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

iDrone said:
Vicrimo said:
...Got mine today. Installed it but didn't have time to take out for a test flight. Will head out tomorrow.
Vicrimo, your black gimbal & Vision w/black stripes looks pretty cool! Much better looking than I thought it would. Nice pic!

WeaponsHot said:
...Stay the course please. Good Job. 188 to go :) My 2 cents as if you needed it.
++1 and... Hear, here!

iDrone :!:

Thanks iDrone. I've always liked the black n white theme

Attachments

• 51vWcHS53bL__SX425_.jpg
    51vWcHS53bL__SX425_.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 350
tmsound said:
Just received mine. :D

But I cant get it to work.
First it would not start up, then I saw its internal power plug was unpluged.
Now when I start it up it shakes fast up and down a few mm and it just do that all the time.

Anybody know what could be wrong

Here is where a simple installation video should be on Rotorpixel site. I'm sure we can all read the text instructions but a visual guide would surely make installation easier for all.

Pull Up......are you going to do another kitchen video on the balancing procedure for the DJI filter kit ?? If not could you tell us what Rotorpixel advised when you spoke to them about it ?

;)

tmsound said:
The only cable I have tried not to connect is the servo cable becouse I thougt it could be a signal from that.
All other cables have been where it should be and I have checked and checked it once again.
And I followed the installation guide and saw all the videos before i put power to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You said:
Now when I start it up it shakes fast up and down a few mm and it just do that all the time.

Did you power it on initially with only the servo cable connected ? Was the white former camera cable plugged in when you powered up The vision? Not sure what you meant by "it's internal power plug was unplugged" I think it's implied in the warnings that both cables need to be connected when you power up the vision or there could be problem

pyrophantom said:
[A]re you going to do another kitchen video on the balancing procedure for the DJI filter kit ??

Yep, if people want one. But it won't be today. [Warning: superfluous information alert] Might do one tomorrow night after the kids are in bed. Little Rosie is rocking her purple cast (couldn't have pink, too stiff a resin for little legs) and apart from going nowhere is doing fine, so the kitchen table could be back in action tomorrow. Too shattered tonight after another day at the hospital, plus I'm a school governor and it's a full meeting later this evening so the spirit is willing, but everything else is/will be knackered! [/Superfluous information]

It's not difficult, a little fiddly at worst, and it's just a question of undoing screws, setting a new balance point, check, adjust, rinse and repeat until it's as near as you can be bothered to get it. Easier on the roll axis as you don't keep needing to take things off and put them back on again to do it. I didn't speak to Rotorpixel in the end because when I sat down and looked at it there's only really one way to do it. Once you've got your gimbal in hand it's fairly obvious, but happy to put something up until the official Rotorpixel vids go live if it will help.

OK, sounds fair, think there will be people who like to see how its done by someone who has done it successfully as it might be a while before rotorpixel get their vids sorted out. If you get time and you fancy doing it, it will always be appreciated !

Glad Rosie has her new purple leg fixings !!

;)

OldFlyer said:
tmsound said:
The only cable I have tried not to connect is the servo cable becouse I thougt it could be a signal from that.
All other cables have been where it should be and I have checked and checked it once again.
And I followed the installation guide and saw all the videos before i put power to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You said:

Did you power it on initially with only the servo cable connected ? Was the white former camera cable plugged in when you powered up The vision? Not sure what you meant by "it's internal power plug was unplugged" I think it's implied in the warnings that both cables need to be connected when you power up the vision or there could be problem

There is a red jst power plug under the board cover.
Mine was detached when it arrived. It powers the gimbal control board, and when a first saw it hanging unpluged i thought it was a 5 og 12 volt output for future use.
Photo%2018-03-14%2015.41.23.jpg

And I plugged in the servo cable and the white cable for the camera. And only the camera powered on not the gimbal.
I then powered of the vision and took out the battery and connected the JST connector inside and powered up the vision again.
This time the gimbal controller powerd up but start shaking.
I then powered down the vision and disconnected the servo cable to see if it was something to do with servo signal. It still was shaking.
I have send Keri and email and now waiting for answer.

Sounds like there may be some confusion as to what plugs to check and need to be attached before power up ??

Not having a gimbal myself I don't have the instructions or know what needs attaching, but it does sound like it may be confusing one or two people - do the instructions come with a power up configuration for the leads ?

gfredrone said:
She looks good in black! Think I'll name mine Betty.

http://vimeo.com/19557187

Thanks for the pictures. For my preference it looks like some skid extensions will definitely be needed.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10106

Not sure about that choice of name...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz1rjq5emKY[/youtube]

AndySwe said:
http://www.rotorpixel.com/resources/phantom-2-vision-gimbal-installation

Yes I know that but the question still stands as it is obviously confusing some people who have the very same instructions in the box !

:roll:

pyrophantom said:
Sounds like there may be some confusion as to what plugs to check and need to be attached before power up ??

Not having a gimbal myself I don't have the instructions or know what needs attaching, but it does sound like it may be confusing one or two people - do the instructions come with a power up configuration for the leads ?

Looks like a mistake by Rotorpixel. There's nothing in the instructions about that red power power plug. It was either shipped that way or came loose in shipping. It's something for the rest of us that haven't gotten our gimbals yet should watch out for when they arrive.

Seahorse said:
gfredrone said:
She looks good in black! Think I'll name mine Betty.

http://vimeo.com/19557187

Thanks for the pictures. For my preference it looks like some skid extensions will definitely be needed.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10106

Not sure about that choice of name...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz1rjq5emKY[/youtube]

She's so rock steady (bam-ba-lam)
And she's always ready (bam-ba-lam)
Whoa, black betty (bam-ba-lam)

:lol:

Exactly, hence the confusion it has obviously caused ! - maybe its some kind of bench test they do before shipping ??

;)

NEWBIE I've been reading these posts for a couple of weeks and finally signed up to say hello... I'm number 420 - can't wait! Video clips so far look great!

The solution for Rotorpixel is doing a detailed Step-By-Step unpacking and assembly video .... without missing a single detail, no matter how small it may seem.
Or they should pay someone to do it.

This could be the simple cause of some of the "shorting" problems, and it quite frankly it should be an expectation of a vendor that it be part of the product.

I'm reading the published instruction form on the Rotorpixel website, and I can tell you it is does not match the little things I have heard about here from those who are receiving and installing the device.

I want to fly mine (number 833) the day it arrives without a problem caused by unclear instructions.

Why not do this the right way?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT