Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

BigSky said:
720P on youtube does not help Simon !
Its still pixlated even watchin HD.

Looks ok on my internet TV and on my mobile phone - and of course the original uncompressed footage is clear as a bell.[/quote]

Simon
May I suggest Vimeo? I started putting my videos on Vimeo and I love it. The annual fee is very negligible, the video loads faster, and there are better settings options. I loaded some 360p that looks better than 720 does on YouTube. Plus, I don't care for YT since Google bought it and is forcing everyone to have a plus account and basically controlling everything you do on the internet.
Here's one of my short mod videos on Vimeo. It was actually shot with iPhone.
https://vimeo.com/88564173[/quote]

I've got to get me one of those lazy susans! :)

I gotta agree with BigSky. I too use Vimeo for 99% of my video sharing needs. They rarely if ever sensor my music selection or claim copy-write infringement etc. But my additions to my channel have slowed down since I have seen the results of the Gimabled videos. I can't bare to take another video with out it.....c'mon order #438!!!! Cant Fargan wait!! :D

JJ

It's odd because Bigsky's Vimeo video has some weird artefacting when I watch it in HD on this laptop! Seems lots of the difference could be in hardware and bandwidth. I'll have a look at Vimeo, although as someone who's been using Google+ and other G products from early on I don't have any ideological issues against using their platforms.

Oh, and all my "kitchen table" videos are shot with an android phone on a gorillapod!

Right, back to gimbals... ;)

we need a dedicated server to upload our "uncompressed" videos to! especially with these gimbal videos..youtube blows! hate it for viewing our footage..perfect for other entertainment.

@ pull-up

All I can get is 360p

I just played one of my own videos which usually runs at 720p and was only able to get 360p, must be YouTube.

BTW, I checked my internet and have good speed.

Pull_up . .nice video! Good looking gimbal! Thanks for posting. I will add my (+1) for Vimeo, I just recently started posting all my videos there as well. And you can download the videos at a higher bitrate.
Good stuff all!!!

RCRookie said:
It will show up on your doorstep when you least expect it.

You just have to have a little patience!
I'm being optimistic because my number is getting close. :eek:

h7e2.jpg

BTW...I stole Pull_Ups box off his vid....hope he doesn't miss it :cool:
The Rookie

:D

Seahorse said:
ZonComGMZ said:
Thanks I'm 823. So tell if me this is about right.

Que is about at 400 now.
About 200 per month.
I'm looking somewhere around June in getting mine?

Gonna be a long wait.
Starts @ 300, so 823 = 523 in the queue. Highest number posted here is 364 I think, so you can do the speed/time/distance equation.

Presumably their production ramp up is being resourced and hopefully their stock levels are now well past the initial 100 previously mentioned.

This thread continues to deliver... :lol:

Enhance+your+calm.jpg

Love the movie and Sandra :)

Pull_Up said:
Ok, so here it is. My first edited footage using the Rotorpixel gimbal. Please don't judge the gimbal on my editing skills, they are not very advanced! Also there was no particular "story" here - it was just putting together a collection of shots. The light was lovely, and the dog enjoyed herself. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1vJNmyYcTE

Awesome Vid Pull_Up,

skyhighdiver said:
Patb01027 said:
AndySwe said:
Couldnt wait anymore , Orderd 2 seconds ago #826 :)

I jumped in today as well. I am #822 with any luck by June of some year we should have them! Kidding I hope. :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

I do think someone is making some coin As 10 units sold today between me and you #832 :(
Maybe they can hire more qualified staff and ramp this up
:D

I would rather have the Quality and wait. My preference.

gfredrone said:
BigSky said:
720P on youtube does not help Simon !
Its still pixlated even watchin HD.

Looks ok on my internet TV and on my mobile phone - and of course the original uncompressed footage is clear as a bell.

Simon
May I suggest Vimeo? I started putting my videos on Vimeo and I love it. The annual fee is very negligible, the video loads faster, and there are better settings options. I loaded some 360p that looks better than 720 does on YouTube. Plus, I don't care for YT since Google bought it and is forcing everyone to have a plus account and basically controlling everything you do on the internet.
Here's one of my short mod videos on Vimeo. It was actually shot with iPhone.
https://vimeo.com/88564173[/quote]

I've got to get me one of those lazy susans! :)[/quote]
What's wrong with the one you have now Leroy? Is she cheatin on ya?

The more of these videos I watch , the more I'm convinced that the LR Yaw Channels are getting erratic signals causing the side to side shift, even when hovering. I don't think it's a user error, or it would NOT be doing it while it's hovering.

BigSky said:
The more of these videos I watch , the more I'm convinced that the LR Yaw Channels are getting erratic signals causing the side to side shift, even when hovering. I don't think it's a user error, or it would NOT be doing it while it's hovering.

Of course it would if there's a crosswind to deal with. The aircraft will be constantly adjusting the yaw in GPS mode to keep itself pointing in the same bearing. There's also an element of how accurate the compass it. I suspect the sudden clarity we're getting with the gimbal is simply showing us something that was always there. It's why pro-kit uses 3-axis stabilisation...

Shedracer said:
Couple of questions for Pull_Up. Simon did you end having to re balance the gimble to take into account your filter and attachment, or was the last video done without balancing it?

Also, is this the filter kit you bought?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Polaroid-46mm ... 4897.l4275

Cheers

Hi. I balanced the gimbal in both roll and pitch just because I like the thought of the motors doing as little work as possible - however it works out of the box if you want it to. I'll do a video later this week on balancing and other tips I've got from using it. I balanced it with the DJI lens filter adapter and my lens cap on, which means it's slightly rearward with no filter in place.

Note the gimbal "balance" just means how it sits with power off. Powered up it will always hold your camera level.

I did buy that kit, but I got it cheaper on Amazon. Also I found I got lens flaring from light coming off the shiny camera bezel until I got a matte sticker from http://www.signsoflife.net/phantom-graphics.php which stopped that dead.

Note as well that in my last video I didn't use any lens filter as the natural light was nice and I was changing direction with regard to the sun. I'm still a newb regarding filters and when to use them and think I'll mainly use them for stills rather than video, but need to experiment.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart