Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

AndySwe said:
Couldnt wait anymore , Orderd 2 seconds ago #826 :)

I jumped in today as well. I am #822 with any luck by June of some year we should have them! Kidding I hope. :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

Patb01027 said:
AndySwe said:
Couldnt wait anymore , Orderd 2 seconds ago #826 :)

I jumped in today as well. I am #822 with any luck by June of some year we should have them! Kidding I hope. :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

Makes me seem like I am near the front of the queue on 658 lolol

:lol:

It will show up on your doorstep when you least expect it.

You just have to have a little patience!
I'm being optimistic because my number is getting close. :eek:

h7e2.jpg

BTW...I stole Pull_Ups box off his vid....hope he doesn't miss it :cool:
The Rookie

BManCan said:
tizzl10 said:
ZonComGMZ said:
How would I find out what my Que number is? Placed the order today so I'm guessing I won't get it for a couple months at least.

its in your email confirmation.
The last 3 digits of your order confirmation number.

Thanks I'm 823. So tell if me this is about right.

Que is about at 400 now.
About 200 per month.
I'm looking somewhere around June in getting mine?

Gonna be a long wait.

This guy build his own 3-axis gimbal for the FC200: http://youtu.be/ddr61hr2jGo
Makes you think about adding the 3rd axis to the RotorPixel, and the GoPro option for the RotorPixel?

ZonComGMZ said:
Thanks I'm 823. So tell if me this is about right.

Que is about at 400 now.
About 200 per month.
I'm looking somewhere around June in getting mine?

Gonna be a long wait.
Starts @ 300, so 823 = 523 in the queue. Highest number posted here is 364 I think, so you can do the speed/time/distance equation.

Presumably their production ramp up is being resourced and hopefully their stock levels are now well past the initial 100 previously mentioned.

This thread continues to deliver... :lol:

Enhance+your+calm.jpg

Ok, so here it is. My first edited footage using the Rotorpixel gimbal. Please don't judge the gimbal on my editing skills, they are not very advanced! Also there was no particular "story" here - it was just putting together a collection of shots. The light was lovely, and the dog enjoyed herself. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1vJNmyYcTE

That looks pretty good, but I am seeing something in every one of these sample footages that is a problem. Why is there a side to side rocking motion in every one of these? That should not be there. It looks like one the motors is searching constantly. Who else has noticed this?

danydan said:
my new concept gimbal 3 axes ,french conception
[youtube][/youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddr61hr2jGo&index=20&list=PLqY3Q-oQLF9aYJvdS42rznmzH81BFMfCE
picture
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-1i3r ... C08154.JPG

YouTube link fail in your post, this appears to be the target:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddr61hr2jGo[/youtube]

Impressive stuff although I don't speak French... :?

Pull_Up said:
Ok, so here it is. My first edited footage using the Rotorpixel gimbal. Please don't judge the gimbal on my editing skills, they are not very advanced! Also there was no particular "story" here - it was just putting together a collection of shots. The light was lovely, and the dog enjoyed herself. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1vJNmyYcTE

Looks nice!

I think there are about 100 orders in front of mine. But I see it will be worth the wait!

BigSky said:
That looks pretty good, but I am seeing something in every one of these sample footages that is a problem. Why is there a side to side rocking motion in every one of these? That should not be there. It looks like one the motors is searching constantly. Who else has noticed this?

The yaw axis isn't stabilized, so there will be side to side rocking in the video.

BigSky said:

The yawing, you mean? I need to dial-down my yaw gains, I can't hold the throttle centred enough when altitude changing not to introduce some yaw. I think they could come down a lot to give me more of a "dead zone" on the yaw axis of the left stick.

Unlike Vimeo, youtube does you no favours in demonstrating video and given that this is unedited its really quite good.

On the 3 axis gimbal would love to know what his battery flight time is with that set up !...and the 3rd axis yaw seems to have some latency

Nice antenna sticking out the back tho !

:D

Pull_Up said:
BigSky said:

The yawing, you mean? I need to dial-down my yaw gains, I can't hold the throttle centred enough when altitude changing not to introduce some yaw. I think they could come down a lot to give me more of a "dead zone" on the yaw axis of the left stick.

That's a **** decent idea, it would help alleviate the side movement problems until the 3rd axis gimbalette is introduced :D

A general flying technique question gimbal related - only being a relative newcomer to flying (about 20 flights now) I was wondering if I am learning bad habits early on because I tend to steer in a very flat plain just using yaw turns and not really banking and turning at the same time like an aircraft does ? I am slightly worried that I might become yaw dependant which is introducing jerky turns into a system (with gimbal) that will not be producing as good results as it should with the gimbal, and maybe pull ups suggestion would help, in deadening the yaw response (if that's what he was saying).

Am I learning bad habits by flying in a flat plain to turn most of the time ?

:roll:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TK-62119