Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Pull_Up said:
BigSky said:
That looks pretty good, but I am seeing something in every one of these sample footages that is a problem. Why is there a side to side rocking motion in every one of these? That should not be there. It looks like one the motors is searching constantly. Who else has noticed this?

The yawing, you mean? I need to dial-down my yaw gains, I can't hold the throttle centred enough when altitude changing not to introduce some yaw. I think they could come down a lot to give me more of a "dead zone" on the yaw axis of the left stick.
I do the same thing when you get it dialed in can you post your settings :roll:

Patb01027 said:
AndySwe said:
Couldnt wait anymore , Orderd 2 seconds ago #826 :)

I jumped in today as well. I am #822 with any luck by June of some year we should have them! Kidding I hope. :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

I do think someone is making some coin As 10 units sold today between me and you #832 :(
Maybe they can hire more qualified staff and ramp this up
:D

AndySwe said:
Pull_Up said:
rfernandez said:
Nice selection of scenes but the pixilation is horrendous.. what happened there?

It's called "YouTube" sadly. Try selecting the HD quality.

720P on youtube does not help Simon !
Its still pixlated even watchin HD.

Looks ok on my internet TV and on my mobile phone - and of course the original uncompressed footage is clear as a bell.

Pull_Up said:
Ok, so here it is. My first edited footage using the Rotorpixel gimbal. Please don't judge the gimbal on my editing skills, they are not very advanced! Also there was no particular "story" here - it was just putting together a collection of shots. The light was lovely, and the dog enjoyed herself. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1vJNmyYcTE

Looks great Pull Up. Good Video. :D

jmcnally said:
Pull_Up said:
I'm such a tease....

I went out at 7:45am because the light was so good, and because it's going to be a beautiful day

What camera settings did you use?

720p/60, ISO 100, WB Sunny, EV -0.3, average metering. I didn't do any post on the footage at all other than editing. The gimbal default start-up centre value also seems to leave the camera perfectly angled to minimize the fisheye effect on the horizon, which is a nice touch.

DKDarkness said:
BigSky said:
That looks pretty good, but I am seeing something in every one of these sample footages that is a problem. Why is there a side to side rocking motion in every one of these? That should not be there. It looks like one the motors is searching constantly. Who else has noticed this?

The yaw axis isn't stabilized, so there will be side to side rocking in the video.

Is that going to be something we can do easily, or do we have to live with it?

Pull_Up said:
That and get Keri to start a pre-order list for his third axis upgrade... <duck>

Do you realize how much of his bathroom that would take to set up that kind of an operation?

Pull_Up said:
jmcnally said:
Pull_Up said:
I'm such a tease....

I went out at 7:45am because the light was so good, and because it's going to be a beautiful day

720p/60, ISO 100, WB Sunny, EV -0.3, average metering. I didn't do any post on the footage at all other than editing. The gimbal default start-up centre value also seems to leave the camera perfectly angled to minimize the fisheye effect on the horizon, which is a nice touch.

The one thing I noticed is that the fisheye looks really bad when the camera is pointed straight down.

Rotorpixel have stated they are going to produce a 3rd axis stabilisation upgrade. This will add additional weight and gimbal height, though so stock landing skids won't be able to be used. It's going to be a trade-off between the endurance, ride height and price versus the camera being stabilised on every axis irrespective of what the aircraft does.

Pull_Up said:
rfernandez said:
Nice selection of scenes but the pixilation is horrendous.. what happened there?

It's called "YouTube" sadly. Try selecting the HD quality.

You limited it to 720, but that is the worst 720 I have ever seen. It looks like it was filmed with a grapefruit.

LOL, just joking with ya Pullups

Pull_Up said:
jmcnally said:
Pull_Up said:
I'm such a tease....

Why aren't you shooting in 1080 30p?

720P on youtube does not help Simon !
Its still pixlated even watchin HD.[/quote]

Looks ok on my internet TV and on my mobile phone - and of course the original uncompressed footage is clear as a bell.[/quote]

Simon
May I suggest Vimeo? I started putting my videos on Vimeo and I love it. The annual fee is very negligible, the video loads faster, and there are better settings options. I loaded some 360p that looks better than 720 does on YouTube. Plus, I don't care for YT since Google bought it and is forcing everyone to have a plus account and basically controlling everything you do on the internet.
Here's one of my short mod videos on Vimeo. It was actually shot with iPhone.
https://vimeo.com/88564173

Pull_Up said:
Just a personal preference as to how the video looked back in the days BG (before gimbal!), plus gives the option to get nicer slow motion if required. That and the files aren't quite so big and they don't take so long to render... :)

Makes sense especially for slow mo. Mine stays on 1080 30p. 1080 60i is basically worthless imo. I've had good results in Premiere Pro CS6 slowing down 1080 30p. Today's interpolation techniques have gotten wonderfully sophisticated and can produce very high-quality results.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor