Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

XCcoach said:
I can confirm (sadly) that #365 (mine) has not shipped yet.

Hmm so maybe it is more like 8 weeks from time of order .. which means that number is creeping up .. a lot .. I would have thought that this number should be going down rapidly ..

They sent 12 out this week (353-364), unless they are sending out to vendors as well (or out of numerical order). So, 12 per week seems to be a reasonable estimate of what they can produce currently.

XCcoach said:
They sent 12 out this week (353-364), unless they are sending out to vendors as well (or out of numerical order). So, 12 per week seems to be a reasonable estimate of what they can produce currently.
so, at this rate, I will have in time for Christmas :)

XCcoach said:

That sucks .. 12 shipped is not good I think we have seen orders n the 600's maybe more i can't remember .. even in the 600's means that folks won't see stuff .........well this year .... seems odd to me ..

streetcreep said:
XCcoach said:

That sucks .. 12 shipped is not good I think we have seen orders n the 600's maybe more i can't remember .. even in the 600's means that folks won't see stuff .........well this year .... seems odd to me ..

I'm #752!!!!!!!

Silver lining. It appears 6 went out to people the previous week. I'm hopeful the numbers will improve, though not likely at a rate that will make everyone happy.

Xcopter said:
streetcreep said:
XCcoach said:

I'm #752!!!!!!!

well I hope rotorpixel comes on here to address this .. give folks in the 450++ plus the truth .. not too mention change their website from pre-order now to a more realistic number .. there is patience and then there is reality ..

XCcoach said:
Silver lining. It appears 6 went out to people the previous week. I'm hopeful the numbers will improve, though not likely at a rate that will make everyone happy.

If they are not ..do not get to 40 a week .. people are not going to be happy ..10-to 20 is not going to cut it .. not now that i have seen 752 as a order number

You'd think for $160k (guestimate) worth of orders, he'd be able to hire some extra hands to get these shipped out at a respectable time. :\

Edit: Just went back through the thread and Rotorpixel mentioned that they hired some people and that they were going through training. This was on February 28th, so the new employees should be hitting their "groove" soon.

ITSAPHANTOM said:
You'd think for $160k (guestimate) worth of orders, he'd be able to hire some extra hands to get these shipped out at a respectable time. :\

Edit: Just went back through the thread and Rotorpixel mentioned that they hired some people and that they were going through training. This was on February 28th, so the new employees should be hitting their "groove" soon.

Better be one heck of a "groove" coming up ...

Pull_Up said:
Keri can bring me a whale back as a pet...

Right, video on how to actually do the Rotorpixel thumb screws on your Phantom 2 Vision, as requested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rw5d67pBSU

(give it a few minutes for YouTube to compress the whatsits out of it...)

Nice videos. The black part of the "adjustable damper" system looks like a part called "well nuts" in the USA. They are usually designed for attaching hardware to sheet metal. They are inserted into the hole and the metal bolt pulls at the metal insert and expands the well nut inside the hole, attaching the hardware to the sheet metal and sealing the hole at the same time.

I'm still about 100 orders out, so I haven't seen them yet. They might be a softer rubber version. <shrug>

The video of it in action is pretty cool, however. I might also have to start taking videos, now!

Morning all, quick check in before I have to go and sit in a hall all day instead of flying... Still, I get lunch.

The FAQ on the Rotorpixel site explains that they want to ramp up production incrementally over time as people and processes bed in to maintain quality when they hit higher levels. The FAQ estimates a lead time of 4 to 8 weeks and an up to speed production number of 50 to 100 per week.

Pull_Up said:
Morning all, quick check in before I have to go and sit in a hall all day instead of flying... Still, I get lunch.

The FAQ on the Rotorpixel site explains that they want to ramp up production incrementally over time as people and processes bed in to maintain quality when they hit higher levels. The FAQ estimates a lead time of 4 to 8 weeks and an up to speed production number of 50 to 100 per week.

yes well is over time ..like mid summer ? . at the moment 4 5 or 6 weeks (now approaching seven) is the ship time ..
again after taking orders 6 weeks later it looks like 10-20 a week .. we're at roughy 370 say , with orders at 752 say lets 400 from today roughly . so at todays pace 5 months from now, their gimbal will ship .. now double that pace .. still 2.5 months (roughly of course) before their gimbal will ship.. right now someone at 4 hundred is like a month from shipping .

this is going to be a 400 page thread easily for some further down order number wise before they touch it

djscoutmaster said:
Got my rotorpixel gimble everything went together nicely, very impressed so far will take it out for a test flight tommarow,

But..............

i dont have control of the gimble on in the app anymore... before the install i had gimble control... now... Nothing... just sits there pointing straight forward....

Anyone experience this?

Did you ever get this worked out?

For those of us who are way back in the queue the slight worry is that we don't want the quality to drop by relatively untrained people assembling them and whilst Keri will no doubt ensure the quality stays high, its the only concern I really have about being further back !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka