Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Attachments

• typuge4u.jpg
    typuge4u.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 476
teji said:
With the actual experience with rotorpixel email answers ,.... I'm wondering how after sales problems will be carried....
Who as already received ONE personnal email answer from Keri ?
What's about fimware updates, replacement parts or others problems ?
:?:

Yeah, I'm concerned about that too :?

Today is one month from the day I (and quite a few of us) placed the order. How they do business this week, will say allot for how they will do business in the future.

MattOlieman said:
teji said:
With the actual experience with rotorpixel email answers ,.... I'm wondering how after sales problems will be carried....

Today is one month from the day I (and quite a few of us) placed the order. How they do business this week, will say allot for how they will do business in the future.
I, for ONE have received personal email from Keri. I have never witnessed so much paranoia over a relatively small purchase for which every purchaser essentially acknowledged the product ordered was a work in progress.

grochester said:
MattOlieman said:
teji said:

I, for ONE have received personal email from Keri. I have never witnessed so much paranoia over a relatively small purchase for which every purchaser essentially acknowledged the product ordered was a work in progress.

+1 .... yep ;)

teji said:

The electronics are from BaseCam (technically one of their licensees), so there are multiple sources for replacement and upgrade electronics, and the firmware is from BaseCam as well which has a pretty solid track record it seems. The motors are not made by RP either, and equivalents are available from multiple sources as well. This leaves little more than a couple custom wiring harnesses, some machined aluminum parts and a 3D printed camera mount that are RP specific items, and those items are the least likely to have any issues.

My gimbal is out for delivery (a day early) so I will have it in time for my flight to Oregon tomorrow. I have been using the Tarco gimbal for the last few days.

Kerranga said:
My gimbal is out for delivery (a day early) so I will have it in time for my flight to Oregon tomorrow. I have been using the Tarco gimbal for the last few days.

Looking forward to the unboxing video :)

DKDarkness said:
Kerranga said:

Looking forward to the unboxing video :)

Can't I recreate that later ;)?

grochester said:

Keep drinking the Kool-aid :shock:

Kerranga said:

Great stuff! Mine is currently being forensically examined by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs while they scratch their heads and work out if it's a camera, camera accessory, electronic item, or something else. I will no doubt be charged import duty against whichever of those attracts the highest duty rate!

(Actually most of that is just speculation, but it pleases me to think of them feverishly working it all out and helps me explain to myself why there's been no tracking update since 5pm yesterday... )

Pull_Up said:
Kerranga said:

Great stuff! Mine is currently being forensically examined by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs while they scratch their heads and work out if it's a camera, camera accessory, electronic item, or something else. I will no doubt be charged import duty against whichever of those attracts the highest duty rate!

(Actually most of that is just speculation, but it pleases me to think of them feverishly working it all out and helps me explain to myself why there's been no tracking update since 5pm yesterday... )

Didn't you know? Your chief custom's agent is a P2V owner ... he wanted one, ordered at number 995 and discovered that his won't be arriving anytime soon ... so he's testing yours out for you.

I'm sure he'll send it on to you when he's finished with it :)

Pull_Up said:
Kerranga said:

blog sure is quiet today... think someone is make a video of RP install ??? Are you ??

Is that your wife or the cake that's sat in Customs.... Sounds like you're trying to expedite things.. :D
I'm learning that canada express air post is nowhere near as effective as china express air post....

The expected delivery from them to me is showing as 10 days... I get stuff -- through customs too -- in 4-6 days from China. Sometimes stuff posted in HK gets here quicker than stuff from England... Ho hum.
Still, it means by the time mine arrives I'll have all your "don't do it this way" vids to watch :D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart