Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

BManCan said:
MikeySoft said:
Is the price on Rotorpixel's web site CA$ or US$?

The price is in US$.
That's too bad because I have not ordered yet and CA$ 389 = about US$ 351.

MikeySoft said:
BManCan said:
MikeySoft said:

The price is in US$.
That's too bad because I have not ordered yet and CA$ 389 = about US$ 351.

As stated, the price is in CDN $'s.....I know because my charge card showed $409 CDN which includes $20 for shipping.

EricT said:
BManCan said:
MikeySoft said:

The price is in US$.

As stated, the price is in CDN $'s.....I know because my charge card showed $409 CDN which includes $20 for shipping.
I'm in now if Rotorpixel verify this. Eric, what country do you live in? $409 CDN is about $369 USD.

Mississauga...

BManCan said:
I wonder how many rotorpixel gimbals were purchased by Phantom Vision owners near the Toronto area.
Maybe Keri could organize a "Build your Gimbal" day, and we all show up and help assemble / build/ test our own gimbals :)

All kidding aside, hopefully the shipping confirmations start ramping up soon.
Patiently waiting for my order ###383.

MikeySoft said:
I'm in now if Rotorpixel verify this. Eric, what country do you live in? $409 CDN is about $369 USD.

I live in Canada, just outside metropolitan Toronto and I must apologize....the charge to my credit card was for more than the $389 + $20 shipping......it was exchanged to CDN$'s whch is below par to the US$.

AllanVB said:
Scottrod said:
I ordered 5 myself In the 300s. 4 of them will be going on eBay with a $800 overnight price tag!

....just kidding!

Put me down for one... Just one... does it include free shipping. :)

Funny thing is if I had actually done that, I would bet there would have been plenty who would buy them.

Pull_Up said:
Check the website - some instructions and FAQ are up. Power from the white camera lead it looks like.

yeah I read the instructions..i didnt see anything about where they are pulling power from.

tizzl10 said:
Pull_Up said:
Check the website - some instructions and FAQ are up. Power from the white camera lead it looks like.

yeah I read the instructions..i didnt see anything about where they are pulling power from.

You can pull the power from the stock phantom 2 vision jack. See a wiring diagram here: https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid= ... EwNDE4ZDk0

Since the instructions say plug the stock jack to the gimbal, I guess that is how it works?

"We designed and manufactured a custom circuit board which accepts the thick white cable coming from the Phantom 2 Vision body. power is pulled from this white cable, and sent to the gimbal control board, and a thin/flexible custom cable plugs into the back of the Vision camera to maintain all wi-fi/FPV/telemetry information.

The IMU is mounted on the top of the camera (not shown in the images online, but we're updating things soon) in a small protective plastic case, and thin wire runs alongside the thin white cable plugging into the back of the Vision.

The 3-pin cable which normally goes to the Vision camera's crummy servo, instead plugs into our gimbal control board with another custom cable (thanks to DJI's choice of non-standard 2.0mm pitch connector...), which allows the pitch control to be maintained through the smartphone app.

So, as our product description says, you just need to plug in 2 wires... the standard white cable into our custom circuit, and the 3-pin servo cable into our board.

I hope that was helpful!"

i had no idea that white cable carried power?

Pull_Up said:
The camera and WiFi transceiver need juice from somewhere!

no, i was under the assumption that the power came from the cable that attaches to the top of the camera.

tizzl10 said:
"We designed and manufactured a custom circuit board which accepts the thick white cable coming from the Phantom 2 Vision body. power is pulled from this white cable, and sent to the gimbal control board, and a thin/flexible custom cable plugs into the back of the Vision camera to maintain all wi-fi/FPV/telemetry information.

The IMU is mounted on the top of the camera (not shown in the images online, but we're updating things soon) in a small protective plastic case, and thin wire runs alongside the thin white cable plugging into the back of the Vision.

The 3-pin cable which normally goes to the Vision camera's crummy servo, instead plugs into our gimbal control board with another custom cable (thanks to DJI's choice of non-standard 2.0mm pitch connector...), which allows the pitch control to be maintained through the smartphone app.

So, as our product description says, you just need to plug in 2 wires... the standard white cable into our custom circuit, and the 3-pin servo cable into our board.

I hope that was helpful!"

i had no idea that white cable carried power?

Yes, turns out the connector is actually standard: http://www.wowhobbies.com/wwa-mc101moto ... e130x.aspx as stated by mattkaine in this post viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9002&start=140

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel