Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Pull_Up said:
They haven't released it yet. Like the ground station capability it's "coming soon". :)

Ok, so when I get it, in the future, I can sent it (and the ground station - and the gimbal) back to now...... So, should arrive any second now I've made that decision!!!

gpauk said:
Pull_Up said:
Tomorrow.*

*Note, answer is valid on any day the question is asked. ;)

So, where did I put my Dji time travel adapter.......

Be careful with that thing... Make sure the IMU is properly calibrated, do the compass dance, be sure there's no interference in your general vicinity and wait until you have home lock, or you could get a time based flyaway. People have been known to dial in 2015, San Diego and wind up in 1025, ShenZhen... :eek: :eek: :shock: :shock:

-slinger

That makes my head hurt.

On an actual gimbal-related note I have downloaded the SimpleBGC GUI for the gimbal controller. Pleasantly surprised to find a native Linux version (woot!) and you can modify and tweak pretty much anything and everything - so balancing the gimbal for lens filter kit and different filters should be fairly straightforward, as should balancing for a GoPro when the adapter is released...

Pull_Up said:
That makes my head hurt.

On an actual gimbal-related note I have downloaded the SimpleBGC GUI for the gimbal controller. Pleasantly surprised to find a native Linux version (woot!) and you can modify and tweak pretty much anything and everything - so balancing the gimbal for lens filter kit and different filters should be fairly straightforward, as should balancing for a GoPro when the adapter is released...

Is this what we will use with the rotorpixel gimbal?

http://www.basecamelectronics.com/downloads/

Attachments

• SBGC.jpg
    SBGC.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 345
Pull_Up said:
That makes my head hurt.

The interface can't (not even the Linux version) cheat physics, the gimbal needs to be in alignment in real life, to be balanced :)

I'll take your word for it DK, I currently know very little about the workings of gimbals. Just going by the Rotorpixel site that said if you add filters you just need to adjust one of the axes. I'm assuming their GoPro adapter will be made such as to balance things as close as possible then tweak with the software?

iResq said:
Wouldn't the adjustment be mechanical/physical balancing to keep the load off the motor?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

POWERFUL, HIGHLY EFFICIENT BRUSHLESS GIMBAL MOTORS

Our gimbal motors are capable of stabilizing cameras almost 4 times the weight of the Vision camera, so there's no chance that they will burn out, or have trouble dealing with the added weight of lens/filter accessories.

Pull_Up said:
- so balancing the gimbal for lens filter kit and different filters should be fairly straightforward, as should balancing for a GoPro when the adapter is released...

Balancing for the filters and gopro could actually be as easy as offsetting the quick release bracket by about 5mm to the back, to balance the camera on that axis. If the quick release bracket is of a slider type, this should be no problem. It is the recalibration of the different placement of the IMU that poses a challenge. This could be overcome by using the reset button on the BaseCam board to recalibrate the board when switching between cameras, without the need to hook it up to a computer in the field :)

Pull_Up said:
I feel a whole new set of terminology and concepts to get my head around coming along... :)

Will let Pull Up figure out the settings and then share the profile :D

Yeah Pull-Up my brain just started healing from the "Antenna Modding" info I had to go through. So being that I have wayyyy to much free-time on my hands, I started in on this F2V mod. After I started reading through the 100+ pages on this Mod, I kept hearing the Michael Corleone quote Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in;
LOL
Moose

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canadiansauna