Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Mori55 said:
I'm sure everything is fine. But why would you just determine you needed these fixtures at this time of production ? It not the first time they made something.
Also why would you say your going diving when your supposed to be in this big hurry to get this out ??
This is why I hate seeing people jump on the bandwagon saying how great something is before it's even made.
I really do t understand whys there's no video ? What's the big deal? Didn't you test before production ?
Sorry no ones getting my money until I at least see it in action.

Same boat here. My gut tells me it's fine. My intellect has doubts.

Ok this worries me, even thought i have not put an order yet till I see performance videos. Having said that My friend bought a goodluck gimbal for $79.00 for his phantom 1 and today I saw it perform flawlessly, thought I did notice the motors feel heavy. So i am starting to think of save in some money and time waiting for a shipment that meat never arrive and get a goodluck gimbal and fit it to the P2V. (with stock camera)

Now I know he has another job, but, Why would you at the dawn of delivering an affordable product which everyone in this forum have been eagerly awaiting. with the prospect possibly expanding this venture, and you decide to take a several week vacation and stop production or did he leave people assembling (now I question quality control) Or the next batch of gimbals won't be available for a few weeks.. either way he should be more communicative with regards to the status of the first orders.

rfernandez said:
Ok this worries me, even thought i have not put an order yet till I see performance videos. Having said that My friend bought a goodluck gimbal for $79.00 for his phantom 1 and today I saw it perform flawlessly, thought I did notice the motors feel heavy. So i am starting to think of save in some money and time waiting for a shipment that meat never arrive and get a goodluck gimbal and fit it to the P2V. (with stock camera)

Fitting a FC200 to a Goodluckbuy gimbal is not as easy as it looks. You need to create your own custom arms and base plate not to mention a base for the FC200 which, unless you have access to a 3D printer AND have the skills to create the negative form of the FC200, is pretty hard. It has the potential of a nice Kickstarter though :)

I would love to be able to buy the parts I can't produce myself AT A REASONABLE PRICE :-D

Besides that, I once again visited the web, and found the videos (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxODGoGo8O4) of the RotorPixel gimbals for the GoPro Hero 3. To me it seems as if a lot of the parts in the video are the same as the ones featured in the mockup pictures at http://www.rotorpixel.com (same motors, same controller board inclosure etc.) My guess is, the guy(s) at RotorPixel thought, lets adapt our GoPro gimbal to the FC200, how hard can it be? Notice that the FC200 holder is clearly 3D printed, and the custom vibration plate is showing grooves from the manufacturing tool. I hope one day to see the movie "The Rise of RotorPixel" like the movie "Jobs" (Steve sees a nice computer, and sells it before it even exists, sound familiar?!? ;-)

If I were a crim I'd start sending you shipping notices then quietly sneak off to Dominica in broad daylight while you glee in your delight here on the forum so everyone else begins unsuspectingly anticipating getting theirs.

I certainly wouldn't tell you I was leaving town up front and give you pause & opportunity to cancel your purchase.

I'm 'jus sayin'...

iDrone ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 454
I'm half way with you there: Telling everybody you can't be reached, is a good idea if you want to escape. Telling everybody WHERE you are going, not a good idea, if you want to escape :)

I would LOVE a nice 30 second video of Keri showing us the the hectic staff, production line, or basement or what ever. I know it takes complicated equipment to record and post such a video, but don't they have iPhones in Canada?!?

DKDarkness said:
I'm half way with you there: Telling everybody you can't be reached, is a good idea if you want to escape. Telling everybody WHERE you are going, not a good idea, if you want to escape :)

unless you are not going to dominica and he just want you to think he is going there!! :mrgreen:

I wonder how 2 cancel my purchase... or sould i wait ro a little longer? **** ive not any idea about my further actions
May I send a scary russian mafia to dominica to pull keri from the deep sea? I am not even sure that my russian bank card has a froud protecrion ;) anyway i will not cry for loosen money. Its not a big deal so we have been thinking before pay. Its OK. But what if gimbal deliver one day???!!!! Hope my phantom stay alive till that moment :)

smatty2023 said:
Does anyone know if the 7 channel slider will work with this gimbal?

I tested the 7th channel and it works regardless of any gimbal you may assemble. In fact, I still have my P2V stock except for the 7th channel "hacking" and adding a lever on the back. Now, I tilt the camera from the controller, not from the P2V app.

browntw79 said:
cavaleiro01 said:
I hope you're all wrong, because mine says SQ.....884!

My SKU is SQ3443884 as well. Did you order White? I ordered mine on Feb 10 --- Order 384.

I am hoping to see soon as I'm watching the snow melt. I'm ready to fly more than one battery worth of flight time before my hands freeze.

Mine is white, yes.

1. As some have pointed out, I am Keri Wilk. I am primarily a professional underwater photographer, mechanical engineer, and owner of http://www.reefnet.ca (manufacturer of precision underwater photography optics, lighting equipment, marine life identification guides, pressure/temperature sensors, etc.). I've recently (1.5 years ago) taken a keen interests in aerial photography, and being an engineer, was happy to design and manufacture my own gimbal (servo-driven, not brushless direct-drive). Then, the brushless gimbal craze began, and I started Rotorpixel, and have been designing and manufacturing gimbals for hundreds of people since then.

2. I am in Dominica documenting the resident sperm whale population (and any other cetaceans that we find), under a government research permit which was issued almost a year ago, in my name, as part of my business. I'm not on a vacation. I am leading a research trip. My presence back home will not affect gimbal production. We've got a team of people training and assembling units right now, a process that I ultimately will not have a part in. I built the original prototypes, but my time is better spent continuing the 3-Axis upgrade kit, a universal camera mount, etc.

3. I realize that emails from many of you have gone unanswered, and am incredibly sorry for that. As soon as pre-orders went live, we have been fighting an avalanche of emails, and we're doing our best to slog through them all.

4. We know people want to see footage, and we do have quite a bit of it from our testing. However, as explained, we would prefer to release a well-edited, beautiful video, which not only represents the quality of video stabilization, but also represents the quality/standard of Rotorpixel as a whole.

5. If anyone wants a refund, just say the word, but understand that you will be forfeiting your place in the order queue. We can process refunds at any time, even outside of your "fraud protection" policies on your credit cards (or similar). Once you receive your order, however, our normal refund policy applies (see site for details).

6. The "list" concept has been abandoned due to popular demand. Please, lets put that topic to rest. Public pre-order numbers started with the last 3 digits of 3XX, but we also have a dealer order system (not public), and made several private transactions prior to the public pre-order.

Please let me know if there are any other questions/concerns, and I'll happily address them. But please, everyone, understand that we are a real company, with a very real product, and are going to ship orders out as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Keri

Keri, thanks for your concern in keeping all of us updated.

First question to you is obvious: when will you ship your first order, which date?

Thanks, Keri! OK, everybody, nothing to see. Move along.

I'm still chuckling about Keri Wilk = Colin Guinn... :lol:

Would've loved to seen a video reaction of Keri's face as he caught up on the last several pages of this thread. :lol:

WWW stands for Wild Wild West, not World Wide Web.

I AM COLIN :)

sure its a joke.

but frankly speaking Keri indeed a good engineer. But what about Keri the businessman or Keri public relations manager? The most of us here are some sort of businessmen. Big or not alone or joined a company to work for/with. Not excepting me. I hope all things was spoken here and read by Keri won't make fluence to our orders :) :) sure not. Its just a business. :) I am 39 yo and have some words to say about as i would do in this situation. Not teaching Keri to make business!!! Noway!!! Even you know that making business in Russia hardly easier than in Canada or something else ;) The first thing is estimating. Everything. Market consumption capability and producing availability. If i made decison about direct selling not thru a dealers network its an important to estimate how many units i will be able to produce and how much time it will take. Am I wrong? Preorders are a good way to estimate market situation. But i am sure that the right way i had to walk was to stop to accept preorders (at least PREPAYED PREORDERS) till first portion will shipped to consumers. Remember situation about the similar Dronexpert.nl's gimbal. The wrong calculated pitch angle. That's so expensive mistake... expensive for consumers. May be during production process i'd issued a lot of different difficulties to sort them out. May be... may be anything :) and i am extremely sure that i wouldn't tell someone that i am going to leave for my grandma's house in suburbs for a weeks understanding that company started to loose credence in eyes of people who made orders and payed money. I am not going to ask refund my money. I am still have a faith that everything is ok. But all this is not good for Rotorpixel. If it not one-day-company. Please be more friendly not only before colkecting money but and after it also. Keri, thank you very much for explanation and sorry if i said some wrong thing. Hope everithing's gonna be allright and your company will arise one day :))))

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT