Now I see the issue but like he said, more detailed info
next week so by then will have reason or not to
panic. Lets just wait...

streetcreep said:
brushlesheaven really

Here is another read about how distribution is happening

Rotorpixel said:
ResevorDG said:
I know I agreed to wait and I will. But just so I can make plans, do you have delivery date in mind for the people like me who ordered on day one?

We're hoping to have all materials ready to start assembling and shipping units out next week.

However, please understand that within the first 8 hours alone, there were over 150 orders... and now, 54 hours later, that number has approximately doubled. To the best of our ability, we're going to be shipping orders out in the order in which customers indicated that they were interested. So, the first person that placed their order is not going to necessarily receive theirs first. It's just not fair to those who have been patiently waiting for pre-orders to begin for months.

It's sort of like if you're in a painfully long line at a grocery store, and you need to step out of line because you forgot to get an apple, then, when you get back to the line, no one will let you back in. That's just not fair. The line needs to let the person back in where they've been patiently waiting, rather than screwing them over because of a small amount of time away from the line.

(Alright, maybe analogies are not my strong suit)

We're compiling a list of order numbers in the order that we plan on fulfilling them, which we'll make publicly available, so customers can check to see where in the line-up they stand, and when they can roughly expect to receive them. Although there are still lots of unknowns in the assembly process... namely, how many we can realistically assemble per day/week/month. There will be more accurate info next week.

Keri

Lets just keep facts facts here ...

Not sure there's a reason to "panic" whatever the outcome... Everyone signed up to get the product with an open-ended delivery date, even ticked a box to confirm they understood this. Nothing changes. I've just woken up after a night's sleep and I still don't get the reactions of people who are posting. I have no idea where I am on any list, or even if I'm on a list, or whatever. I have made a pre-order, though, and I know I'll get my gimbal at some point which is what I signed up for.

Anyway, on another note - and looking ahead - can anyone see any reason why adding a wifi antenna mod to the Vision camera would affect the gimbal operation? Obviously the pigtail coming out of the camera unit would need to be both long enough and flexible enough, but would that cause balance issues bearing in mind the antenna would be fixed to the airframe, not the camera? The wire would move around and I'm not sure if any gimbal can cope with something like that?

I'm not looking to do monster range like some of the guys on the other threads and maybe a range extender antenna mod would be enough to improve things a little (I intend to do a tx mod anyway as my control signal often drops before video, but would like to get best quality video as far as I can without getting into major mod territory).

Pull_Up said:
Not sure there's a reason to "panic" whatever the outcome... Everyone signed up to get the product with an open-ended delivery date, even ticked a box to confirm they understood this. Nothing changes. I've just woken up after a night's sleep and I still don't get the reactions of people who are posting. I have no idea where I am on any list, or even if I'm on a list, or whatever. I have made a pre-order, though, and I know I'll get my gimbal at some point which is what I signed up for.

Anyway, on another note - and looking ahead - can anyone see any reason why adding a wifi antenna mod to the Vision camera would affect the gimbal operation? Obviously the pigtail coming out of the camera unit would need to be both long enough and flexible enough, but would that cause balance issues bearing in mind the antenna would be fixed to the airframe, not the camera? The wire would move around and I'm not sure if any gimbal can cope with something like that?

I'm not looking to do monster range like some of the guys on the other threads and maybe a range extender antenna mod would be enough to improve things a little (I intend to do a tx mod anyway as my control signal often drops before video, but would like to get best quality video as far as I can without getting into major mod territory).

Pull up
I to have been thinking of doing some mods before I get my gimbal I don't know if you have seen this about the tx mod and it helps that Ben users this site
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gcl-hT5iznY

iResq said:
Full disclosure, I ordered (probably before most ;) ). A few days before the order I sent rotorpixel an email expressing interest to be on a list if in fact there was one. That was after the whole list issue came up. I never received a response regarding that email, so I have no idea if I was on the list or not.

Same here... Once people in here -- not Keri -- began speaking as if those that had been contacting Rotorpixel considered that to be a sales priority list, rather than waiting for the pre-order to be live, I contacted Rotorpixel. I had no response either. But then the reason I had not done so before was to leave the guy to get on with the product without 100s of emails to deal with.
If Rotorpixel had said "please contact us to be on the list..blah blah".. then fine. I took the "we're putting a pre-order button on " to mean that.

Rotorpixel seem to have taken the pre-order money to finance the production run. Nothing per se wrong with that practice, but that money should constitute the shipping list; that would be normal business practice over here. No amount of expressed interests would pay for a production run.

Probably they should have popped the project into kickstarter.... :)

Well, we'll see what happens! Main thing is it looks a great product! We're all in a kids-at-Christmas phase!

EDIT: There's no significance to this being the 666th post on this thread!! :D

Now what i would love to see is a(( new video)) of that gimbal

I did not preorder it becuase of the SECRET LIST

shaun27 said:
Pull up
I to have been thinking of doing some mods before I get my gimbal I don't know if you have seen this about the tx mod and it helps that Ben users this site
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gcl-hT5iznY

Yep, that's the sort of thing, but I'm keenly awaiting the results from these items here as they have been produced specifically for our unit and come with all the appropriate pigtails, etc: http://horizonfpvantennas.mybigcommerce ... antom-2-1/

I'm just thinking one step ahead where if I get my tx working more effectively but lose video before I lose visual contact with the aircraft then I may want to tweak the 2.4 signal as well. I suspect I'll start with the range extender first and see if just doing that takes things forward enough for me. If not then I'll either have to just live with what I've got (which will probably be enough for me) or experiment with an antenna mod and see if it work with a gimbal. My concern isn't so much about video range, per se, but it would be nice to get the high quality preview out as far as I want to fly - at the moment I'm down on lower quality as the signal gets too blocky at 1000ft out.

I don't post often, but here are my thoughts.

I am thrilled to find the Vision after trying to do this type of photography with a helicopter 10 years ago.

I jump in at christmas on the phantom vision deal. I'm feeling good about my purchase. Nice pictures and video, easy to fly.

Winter is here can't fly much. Darn wind.

Get hit in the stomach with the news of Colin and DJI separating. What will become of the Vision? Grab extra parts as the feeding frenzy begins on buying up remaining inventory.

Compare go pro to vision setup. Wonder if I made the right choice.

Along comes the Rotorpixel gimbal. Interest peaks, hope returns. Research, product looks good, wonder about price. Read the post for weeks. Gain confidence. Wait, Wait, Wait. Submit my interest on contact form.

refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh .................................

Great! Price is affordable. Order quickly, one of the first. Where am I on the list?

Wait. Wait. Keep checking the board. Wow people are turning on each other.

Bottom Line

Good product.
Well designed.
Plug and Play.
Moves the vision ahead.
Good communication from Keri.

Feel Good.

Calm down. This isn't Black Friday at Walmart. Where you buy and item and then regret the purchase when you get home.

Bigvern said:
mcurrier said:
I've been on this thread since day one and am just as anxious as anyone.

HaHa moaning about people getting anxious you have a lot to say about people on here !! "been here since day one" didn't join the forum untill thread had been running for 3 days !!!! mcurrier What are you on about we don't need bull **** !
Glen
Show me one place where I have whined about any delays or perceived injustice. I am simply happy tht Rotorpixel has developed what, to myself and others, appears to be the gimbal that we desire. Eat your wheaties and grow up.

Just an FYI - as I stated earlier in this thread, I sent this cancellation request email to Keri/ROTORPIXEL at 1500hrs EST yesterday:

Hello Keri,

Since my earlier email has gone unanswered, and furthermore, you have changed the first-come/first serve ordering sequence to include individuals on a heretofore secret list; I'd therefore like to cancel my order number #1402072382.
Please confirm cancellation and provide me the refund details by COB 14 Feb 2014.

Sorry to cancel - but your idea of the proper way to treat a customer is way different than mine as I've expressed in the ROTORPIXEL thread on PhantomPilots.com.

So late last evening 2300hrs EST - I received an email stating my cancellation had been processed and the following note from Keri:

Hi Tim,

I'm sorry that you feel our treatment of customers is so bad... we're doing the best that we can to be fair to everyone, and we still do think that managing the initial burst of sales this way is the most fair. Beyond the first day of orders, however, orders are being shipped out strictly chronologically based on when they are placed.
But, we feel that the initial few hours of the order surge must be re-arranged to some degree, to get units in the hands of people who have shown significantly more interest than others.

Your refund has been processed, and your name has been removed from the shipping sequence. Sorry to disappoint! We really do have good intentions here, but some people just aren't seeing it that way.

Thanks,

Keri

I commend Keri, for the no-hassle cancellation and refund. Furthermore, I think his note contains a bit of new information (new to me anyway), mainly that he intends to go forth with the juggling of order sequence, however, only for the initial few hours of ordering. As I've said - I'm posting this here as an FYI. As I am officially back on the fence about buying a ROTORPIXEL Gimbal for my P2V.

"But, we feel that the initial few hours of the order surge must be re-arranged to some degree, to get units in the hands of people who have shown significantly more interest than others."

holy **** i cannot believe what i am reading here. this is beyond comprehension. WTF.

Once again..how can one show more interest than pulling out a credit card and actually placing an order? how can a ******* email, text, smoke signal, fax whatever count as showing more interest than placing an order!?!? someone please explain this to me. i'm all ears.

tizzl10 said:
"But, we feel that the initial few hours of the order surge must be re-arranged to some degree, to get units in the hands of people who have shown significantly more interest than others."

holy **** i cannot believe what i am reading here. this is beyond comprehension. WTF.

Once again..how can one show more interest than pulling out a credit card and actually placing an order? how can a ******* email, text, smoke signal, fax whatever count as showing more interest than placing an order!?!? someone please explain this to me. i'm all ears.

Yeah not a good statement at all . That will not drive customers to buy for sure .

I asked to be on the preorder list two weeks ago here as well as I'm emails two of them
Never got an answer back at all
That's why I haven't ordered he seems to be a little overwhelmed with the initial orders
So I'll sit back and wait remember he said good things come to those who wait.. Lol
So here I am waiting for good things

Keri if you read this your best bet is to not give so much info
If you choose to send jack the item before Jill just don't tell Jill would save you a lot of trouble
Good luck and maybe I'll get one in a month or so

Perhaps Soloman offers a solution and Keri should send the first half of the initial batch out in the order that purchases were made then the second half of the batch out in "the list" order. :)

-- Roger

Delete

(Nevermind :ugeek:)

Keri mentioned that the orders would be sorted based on when interest was expressed before the pre-order went live. The only mistake might be that he didn't mention that on the actual website.

However, he appears to be doing what I previously suggested might make sense if he insists on this "expressed interest list": sorting out the initial "explosion" of orders but not including anyone who ordered after that day into that sorted list but instead by chronological order of when he received their orders.

There is one other kicker to this though. Just because someone expressed interest on the gimbal publicly on this forum or another, does not mean that they had more interest in the gimbal than a shy someone who followed progress quietly and pre-ordered day 1. Keri has no way of really knowing who wants it more and how long they have been waiting, so in that respect the expressed interest list doesn't really hold any bearing.

The real thing to do here is just hire more people who have experience on the assembly line, train them to assemble and test the gimbal, and pump out 300 in the first week.

Edit: Or go on Shark Tank.

i dont care how you twist it, putting a person who "showed interest" by mentioning or inquiring about a product ahead of a paying customer is a slap in the face. Hell, I inquired about the product too and never got a reply. I showed my interest by sending them my money.

I don't care about all this nonsense. I am just happy someone is taking the time to create this and the fact that my girlfriend is so AWESOME for ordering one for me for Valentine's Day Gift. Thanks Sweetie. You Rock!!!!!

Signed,

Patiently Waiting <3

p.s. how appropriate the it landed on page 69 :p

Please everyone, tell me what you *really* think.... :shock:

Gimbals are starting to be assembled this weekend, and we already have another production run started, so we're hoping to have an uninterrupted supply moving forward. If all goes as planned, we should be able to have the backlog cleared in a timely manner, and the "magical mysterious super secret list" can be discarded altogether.

But please, everyone, be patient, and your gimbals will come... hopefully sooner than you think!

Oh, also, because we have a few industrial 3D printers at our disposal, we were able to very quickly tinker with a new feature which might make it into the final product... a variable pre-load thumb-screw for adjusting the stiffness of the white vibration damping balls. Alone, they are a little too flimsy for the Vision, but with our custom thumb-screws, each damping ball can be individually tightened/loosened, allowing you to fine-tune any vibrations away if necessary.

Keri

Good news all round (for most) then!

Thanks for the update. You do realise now you've said you're working all weekend to start putting them together people will be asking you where there's is come 8am Monday morning? Have you learnt nothing, man?! Say nothing, keep everyone in the dark, keep shtum...

;) However, now the cat's out of the bag can we expect an in-flight video soon? :mrgreen:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94