Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Pull_Up said:
You'd think the amount of threads he's spammed his video on in an English-speaking forum he might have put some captions on, eh?! ;)

There are other threads on here with the process laid out in step-by-step written instructions, though, if you have a search...
It looks like its up to you then pull up lol :D

Sadly my little laptop only runs linux. If I want to do any updates I have to wait until my wife comes home from work and beg use of her company windows machine! This is why I haven't done any Assistant-related how-to's...

That and I'm not sure I want to do this hack until a) I see if I actually feel I want to use it when (eventually) I get my gimbal; b) if Rotorpixel come up with something bespoke to their gimbal as a retro-fit; and c) if the next firmware update (ground station, DJI, you know we all want it, give it to us!) stops the hack working...

Pull_Up said:
Sadly my little laptop only runs linux. If I want to do any updates I have to wait until my wife comes home from work and beg use of her company windows machine! This is why I haven't done any Assistant-related how-to's...

That and I'm not sure I want to do this hack until a) I see if I actually feel I want to use it when (eventually) I get my gimbal; b) if Rotorpixel come up with something bespoke to their gimbal as a retro-fit; and c) if the next firmware update (ground station, DJI, you know we all want it, give it to us!) stops the hack working...

The 4th option is that they pull their thumbs out of their butts, and just allow us the choice to use the extra channel with a simple radio button in the Naza Assistant software.

And, I did a little more thinking about the whole 7th channel issue, and it seems to me that this is all that is needed to access it:

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__ ... Combo.html

This fancy little contraption (S.Bus to PWM decoder and programmer) allows you to extract the 7th channel signal from the S.Bus cable coming from the 5.8GHz receiver, and convert it to a PWM signal needed to operate the gimbal motors. This way, you get to pull the signal out and use it, before Naza gets its dirty hands on it, and keeps it hidden.

Keri

Everyone that complains that checked the "I agree to wait bottom" should be moved to the bottom of the list. Lol.

I know people are anxious as am I, but there never was any solid information about who will be getting the first batch. It's all this next day belly aching that will give Keri pause about providing updates that he was previously praised for.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

iResq said:
Everyone that complains that checked the "I agree to wait bottom" should be moved to the bottom of the list. Lol.

I know people are anxious as am I, but there never was any solid information about who will be getting the first batch. It's all this next day belly aching that will give Keri pause about providing updates that he was previously praised for.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

+ 1

All Good things come to those who are patient. :D

Keri,

It's your business, and you get to decide how to fulfill orders.

The only thing that gives me pause about your plan is that every person who ordered on day one had to have been anticipating the release of this product. No one happened upon rotorpixel.com randomly on Monday morning to snag a gimbal that hadn't already known about the product.

I've read this thread from its start, and some before that, but this is the first time I've posted. I hit refresh on your website about 1000 times last weekend (sadly not an exaggeration). So, it's disappointing to know my 400+ dollar purchase will be treated differently than others because I didn't add my name to a list. I expressed my interest and loyalty with my debit card.

Congratulations on the launch of a hugely successful product. Until I receive mine I will wait patiently.

PropsPete said:
Rotorpixel said:
And, I'm sure that there have been plenty of people that have remained silent, observing from the sidelines until the pre-orders opened up... but it should've been pretty clear that we were compiling a list, so if they were interested, then they should have said something to us via youtube or email. We're trying to be as fair as possible here. I think that no matter what, we're going to upset someone, though! :(

Keri

Hmmm... list of intent for pre-orders? I thought that pre-order is pretty strong indication of interest. Unfortunately I'm one of those silent people :( And you got my money already.

Same here. I have been following from day one. I don't believe anyone here even knew anything about a list until there were already 300 people on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Keri, I can only tell you my perception and from my perspective regarding "Being on the list." Too me, the list was a notification list, a list to be notified of progress of your product and when it would be available, not a pre-order list. I've been watching your development from the first video post. I also watched this forum for notifications, so I felt it was not necessary, at least at first to join your list. After a while I decided to add my name to the list, only as a way of showing my support for your product development. Again, not thinking this would be a pre-order list.

I understand you're currently between a rock and a hard place, trying to make everybody happy (an unreachable task) and the decision has been made, so be it. Eventually everybody will get over it and will be looked at as a learned experience.

For future reference, please post your rules in advance. :)

I look forward to receiving your excellent product, whether it is being shipped out next week, or the next batch.

OMG Keri... you have created a storm. I feel for you. If I were you, I would just ship out first come first server and stop communicating the details about lists and who was first to want one over who said "I'll take one" in some thread, comment or PM, etc. Money talks. I think you guys have done a fantastic job! If people don't like first come first server, they can go pay $800 for one somewhere else... this includes me. I didn't get my order in on time, now I have to wait.

Move on... spend the time posting a sample video.

I hate it when people reply, "me, too," but ....

I was also one of those who thought I was doing the right thing by not contacting Rotorpixel since Keri was doing a good job of updating us here and I had no specific questions. We weren't informed of "the list" until just recently, so I am probably one of the last added even though I might have been one of the first if I had been aware that I should have contacted him.

-- Roger

Rotorpixel said:
OldFlyer said:
Rotorpixel, I think you've done a wonderful job developing this gimbal ! I judy joined this forum

However, regarding fairness and the list, It was never clear to me that "the list" was to determine pre-order position . I've been observing this forum and the comments on your U-tube channel from the beginning and l I've never seen anything written down about the list being for pre-orders. This is what you said in your blurb on the gimbal on U-tube, "If you'd like to be added to our notification list for updates on product development, please leave a comment asking to be added. " . It doesn't say anything about pre-orders.

I did join the list eventually, I think, by sending an email via your contact section and did buy a gimbal on the first day.

I apologize if you feel mislead - we are doing the best we can, and are trying to be as fair to everyone as possible. If you have an idea that pleases more people, I'm all ears.

The problem is that literally *hundreds* of people have all placed orders within minutes/seconds of each other after pre-orders opened. So, a few minutes separate people who are going to get units shipped out next week, and those having to wait multiple weeks. For someone who expressed interest months ago to have to wait so much longer than someone who is just seeing the product for the first time, is not fair, in our opinion.

Can anyone back me up here? Is this the right way to deal with orders? Does anyone have a better suggestion? I should point out that doing this is creating quite a bit of extra work for us, so this is purely to try to keep everyone happy...

gfredrone said:
We have ALL been patiently waiting.
So for someone like me who was interested from day one but didn't email you or PM you about said interest gets the shaft even though I was probably of the first one hundred orders and clicking refresh on your site for days to see if the order link was live.
Yeah, just got my Amex statement too.
I believe several of us were also asking about getting on the list but received no response. Not cool, the orders should be sent out on a first come first serve basis with maybe a small exception for those who helped with design concept ideas.

Not a happy consutomer after reading that post! Does my email I sent through your website asking you to notify my when the order link goes live count for being in the grocery line? Felling like I just slipped on a banana peal while trying to make it back the the checkout line.

I'm very sorry for the lack of response to your notification list request... emails, youtube comments, testing, sourcing, and manufacturing have been impossible to keep on top of simultaneously. However, we still have your request on record, so your place in the notification list is based on when you sent the request. You haven't lost your spot in the line-up.

I know that you have all been very patiently waiting, but some people made the decision to contact us sooner than others, so I think that is a pretty good metric for determining when shipments should go out. We're talking about the first indication that a customer had intent to purchase.

And, I'm sure that there have been plenty of people that have remained silent, observing from the sidelines until the pre-orders opened up... but it should've been pretty clear that we were compiling a list, so if they were interested, then they should have said something to us via youtube or email. We're trying to be as fair as possible here. I think that no matter what, we're going to upset someone, though! :(

Keri

Well shoot. I've been following this for months and I didn't bother emailing you to tell you I wanted to be on the preorder list because after reading that you were creating the preorder button on your website I just assumed you were going to be taking the orders first come first serve. It's okay though I will be waiting patiently.

Keri, i'll be honest some of the guys on here seem like they're being rather ungrateful. We are all just very happy that you created such a great gimbal for our machines. I'll be happy if I can get my gimbal within the next month. Heck I'll just be happy if I get it. Thanks for keeping us updated on here. Please ignore the irate customers and just focus on manufacturing and build quality. We will get it when we get it...

I understand the "expressed interest" thing, but here in America we've become accustomed to the "money talks" theory regarding pre-orders. To prove that this is totally unbiased statement, let it be known that I still haven't pre-ordered the gimbal (as I didn't have the money to cover it).

On one hand, it might seem unfair if ordered my gimbal now and got my gimbal later than someone who "stumbled" upon it on the day pre-orders were being accepted. On the other hand, it would also seem unfair if I ordered my gimbal now and got it before a lot of people who put up the money several days ago, just because I didn't have the money. Supply and demand. Unfortunately, you can't really demand something if you don't have the money for it.

As for the "explosion" of orders at the same time, then it might make a bit more sense for you to try to sort it out by order of "expressed interest". However, any orders coming in now shouldn't be added to that list IMO. Unfortunately, myself included.

By the way, has anyone asked about warranty or gimbal production testing? Will you be testing each gimbal after assembly, and possibly provide a certificate? If we get our gimbal and there is a flaw or an issue, what is the warrany on that?

Thanks.

I understand that this is a PRE-ORDER only, and due to an overwhelming number of sales, it may take several weeks to receive my order, depending on where in the order queue I fall.

Keri,

Stop replying to mails of whiners and get back to assembling :lol:
I didn't get the list but oh well MY FAULT, I'll get mine when it ships, hopefully soon and thanks for the updates.

iResq said:
I understand that this is a PRE-ORDER only, and due to an overwhelming number of sales, it may take several weeks to receive my order, depending on where in the order queue I fall.

Thanks for this. I think, however, most commentary here is in reference to how the queue works. In my case, not realizing the "pre" Pre-Order list was important for the queue. I'm not worried that it will take weeks - just frustrated that my order which may have been the 15th one placed will slip behind hundreds of people that explicitly stated an interest before pre-orders began. I just didn't realize it was necessary.

XCcoach said:
Thanks for this. I think, however, most commentary here is in reference to how the queue works. In my case, not realizing the "pre" Pre-Order list was important for the queue. I'm not worried that it will take weeks - just frustrated that my order which may have been the 15th one placed will slip behind hundreds of people that explicitly stated an interest before pre-orders began. I just didn't realize it was necessary.

I don't think anyone really knew how the cue was going to work. There was always speculation of a "list" and Keri had referred to it prior to opening the pre-orders. I'm sure many, such as myself, not seeing anything to the contrary was hoping that orders would be fulfilled as they were received. I was a little disappointed to read that I may get bumped but whatever. No one had made any representations to me to the contrary.

Am I hopeful I am in the original batch? You betcha.
Am I OK, if I'm not? Sure, if thats the way it works out.
Will I volunteer to move down on the list? No Way! LOL

you must admit though that moving people who "expressed interest" in the product in front of people that actually paid money once the pre-order went live is asinine and makes absolutely zero sense. oh well.

Rotorpixel said:
Pull_Up said:

The 4th option is that they pull their thumbs out of their butts, and just allow us the choice to use the extra channel with a simple radio button in the Naza Assistant software.
And, I did a little more thinking about the whole 7th channel issue, and it seems to me that this is all that is needed to access it:
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__ ... Combo.html
This fancy little contraption (S.Bus to PWM decoder and programmer) allows you to extract the 7th channel signal from the S.Bus cable coming from the 5.8GHz receiver, and convert it to a PWM signal needed to operate the gimbal motors. This way, you get to pull the signal out and use it, before Naza gets its dirty hands on it, and keeps it hidden.
Keri

I think I will wait for a plug and play to come out mine you I bet I mess that up lol

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164