Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Would love to order one, but 1st I need to know the post and package costs to the Netherlands.
Even I (living in the Netherlands) think that the Dronexpert gimbal is way overpriced!

How many gimbal purchasers are changing their landing gear to something with more height?

And if so, what are you going for - extended standard legs, carbon fiber, other...

So for $15 US (the 2-6 weeks with no tracking option) the gimble will be posted to the Netherlands, or any other place in the world?

Wow.. That's cheap!

El Rey said:
How many gimbal purchasers are changing their landing gear to something with more height?

And if so, what are you going for - extended standard legs, carbon fiber, other...

I ordered spacers. They go between the landing gears and the phantom. Got them on eBay

I've contacted Rotorpixel about this. Lets see what they have to say.

The bad thing is that I will have to pay 21% import tax over the total price!
This will make it for me when using the "track option"more expensive than the Dutch dronexpert gimble :/

I, like everyone else on this thread, see the major value and convenience in having a gimbal.

But am I the only one who has a sort of moment of clarity every now and then and wonders why they cost almost as much as, and in some cases more than, the original Phantom? Or a GoPro, PS4, entry level laptop, etc.? It's really just a couple of motors, control board, and plastic pieces. I understand that R&D, design and production all goes into it, but with the amount they are going to sell you'd think they could knock a bit more off of the price.

With that said, I'm still going to buy one. :lol:

Software and development. I'm a PCB designer and understand how much time and money can be spent on this as I work in the aerospace industry, it's not cheap. Looking forward to getting mine :D

Why does everyone keep panicking and referring to the "first 100" as I have had several emails with Keri referring to my order I placed around 1:00pm Central time 2-10-14 and he expressed the lead time still the same as orders placed earlier? Does someone on this thread work at the manufacturing location?

Jre said:
I, like everyone else on this thread, see the major value and convenience in having a gimbal.

But am I the only one who has a sort of moment of clarity every now and then and wonders why they cost almost as much as, and in some cases more than, the original Phantom? Or a GoPro, PS4, entry level laptop, etc.? It's really just a couple of motors, control board, and plastic pieces. I understand that R&D, design and production all goes into it, but with the amount they are going to sell you'd think they could knock a bit more off of the price.

With that said, I'm still going to buy one. :lol:

I know what you mean. I think it's mainly because of the size of production runs compared to those other products you mentioned. I'm sure if rotorpixel or any other manufacturer outsourced the whole shabang to China and put in a 10,000 unit order the price would tumble. This is potentially where DJI could have an advantage if they decide to make a zenmuse that can be retro-fit to our Visions and come as standard on a Vision mark 2...

Keri,
Are you going to send emails to the lucky ones that will be getting one? Inquiry minds would like to know.
Thanks

Was wondering this myself. For a little more than 2 gimbals you can get a P2 with zenmuse. The zenmuse is only $190 as part of the P2 package, right? As someone that has been considering buying either a P2 or P2V, I've been trying to evaluate what the best option is. But the P2V with the rotor pixel gimbal is $1600. For $1700 I can get a P2 w gimbal, GoPro Black, FPV and OSD.

Not at all trying to hijack the thread or poo poo the rotor pixel gimbal (looks like a great piece of hardware). Just a newb trying to understand if there is an advantage to the P2V with gimbal vs P2 with gopro.

CJ31 said:
Not at all trying to hijack the thread or poo poo the rotor pixel gimbal (looks like a great piece of hardware). Just a newb trying to understand if there is an advantage to the P2V with gimbal vs P2 with gopro.

If I could go back in time and know what I know now, I would probably go the P2 + GoPro + FPV route.

But, I don't regret getting the P2V at all and, even without a new gimbal, I really enjoy it.

-- Roger

jadebox said:
CJ31 said:

If I could go back in time and know what I know now, I would probably go the P2 + GoPro + FPV route.

But, I don't regret getting the P2V at all and, even without a new gimbal, I really enjoy it.

-- Roger

Same here.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Some of it will be personal preference. People have expressed a preference for GoPro video quality, others have expressed a preference for Vision stills. Some like the all-in-one solution of using your phone/tablet rather than goggles/monitor as extras to carry. Some are happy to set the GoPro running and record everything, others prefer the control over video, shutter, exposure, etc you get with the Vision combined with the instant review. Some are into modding and tinkering and soldering, so the Vision wouldn't be the best package for them necessarily, however for those who like to just charge and fly it would...

You have to work out exactly what you will use a setup for, and therefore what exactly you want from it and choose the package to suit.

DronePeter said:
The first 100 will get their gimbal soon.
How will we know who is with the first 100 lucky ones ?
Will they get a personal email ?

Please Keri, give us some info.

:)

Keri I agree... If I am not in the first 100, I need to change my shipping and save some money.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT