Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

I was looking at the latest video on this new gimbal which looks nice. Though a possible downside is the left side of the vision camera is covered by the motor which may affect antenna reception from the left side antenna. It will be interesting to see how FPV range is effected by this when the vision has it's left side pointing toward you. One solution to the problem is using external antenna mod and connect a skew planer antenna pointed down, connected to that left side antenna.

I am trying very hard to stay patient... It is time to see this gimbal in action. Based on the previous gopro model, I am very excited by the possibilities of this rig. But I have to wonder what is the hold up? Show me a raw flight video and give me a working pre-order button and odds are I am going to show you the money. Thanks!

FSJ Guy said:
In the words of "Click and Clack" (a US radio show)….

"DOESN'T ANYBODY SCREEN THESE CALLS?????"

Sure, I can block people, but that doesn't help the unregistered folks who are thinking about possibly joining this forum. :- (

Good news, however, I did manage to get some sleep last night. Of course that was in-between refreshing http://www.rotorpixel.com every hour or so. :- p

Yeah unfortunately there is a lack of admins on this site so I find if you make the best of it and block (add to foe list) all the jackasses it makes life simpler.

I'm very excited for the Rotopixel gimbal. I'm really hoping the battery life/flight time is not too greatly affected.

I agree Shawn. I know their busy scrambling around to get this out but posting a video of the gimbal isn't to much to ask for. I think it's crazy to ask people to pay $300-$400 for something we haven't seen any action footage of. Come on Keri price and video footage!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

ShawnSmith said:
I am trying very hard to stay patient... It is time to see this gimbal in action. Based on the previous gopro model, I am very excited by the possibilities of this rig. But I have to wonder what is the hold up? Show me a raw flight video and give me a working pre-order button and odds are I am going to show you the money. Thanks!

Video footage is superb. We're just already so incredibly swamped with emails, adding names to the notification list, responding to YouTube questions, finishing design aspects, and making the online store usable internationally (creating various shipping options for every country we expect to sell to takes quite a while!).

We have received our custom PCBs, and custom cables which pull power from the main battery to the gimbal, and send a flexible wire directly to the Vision camera... it's pretty awesome!

To answer someones question about what the notification list is good for.... we ill be notifying everyone on the list by email that pre-orders are open. Once Pre-orders have begun, for X number of days (to be determined), we will be accepting orders, and arranging them in our shipping queue based on where in the notification list each customer is. If a random person sees ou gimbal, and places an order immediately upon opening the pre-orders, but then all of you on this forum place orders after that person, your orders will still go out before the original order, since you've all expressed interest for quite a while. Once the X number of days are concluded, orders will then be taken and shipped in the order that they are received, giving no preferential treatment to notification listers.

We think this is the only fair way to go about pre-orders. Although, we are open to other suggestions!

Keri

Rotorpixel said:
ShawnSmith said:

Video footage is superb. We're just already so incredibly swamped with emails, adding names to the notification list, responding to YouTube questions, finishing design aspects, and making the online store usable internationally (creating various shipping options for every country we expect to sell to takes quite a while!).

We have received our custom PCBs, and custom cables which pull power from the main battery to the gimbal, and send a flexible wire directly to the Vision camera... it's pretty awesome!

To answer someones question about what the notification list is good for.... we ill be notifying everyone on the list by email that pre-orders are open. Once Pre-orders have begun, for X number of days (to be determined), we will be accepting orders, and arranging them in our shipping queue based on where in the notification list each customer is. If a random person sees ou gimbal, and places an order immediately upon opening the pre-orders, but then all of you on this forum place orders after that person, your orders will still go out before the original order, since you've all expressed interest for quite a while. Once the X number of days are concluded, orders will then be taken and shipped in the order that they are received, giving no preferential treatment to notification listers.

We think this is the only fair way to go about pre-orders. Although, we are open to other suggestions!

Keri

Thanks for the update!

Just making sure I'm on the notification list

[email protected]

While I understand the complexity of all you have to do to prepare the launch, I'm puzzled as to why you cannot or will not announce the price of the gimbal. Surely you have that nailed down by now? I'm sure you have your reasons. :twisted:

Rotorpixel said:
ShawnSmith said:

Keri

I really appreciate the response and all of your responses on the forum! I have requested to also be added to the list via your contact page on the rotorpixel.com site. I'll continue to wait on pins and needles for that flight footage. Btw, the cables sound perfect. Plug and Play!

disjecta said:
While I understand the complexity of all you have to do to prepare the launch, I'm puzzled as to why you cannot or will not announce the price of the gimbal. Surely you have that nailed down by now? I'm sure you have your reasons. :twisted:

No, we haven't decided yet, but for good reason.

Just a few minutes ago (21 minutes ago, actually), we concluded an arrangement with AlexMos/Basecam to be an official, licensed manufacturer of their gimbal control boards, so this should reduce the cost of the product in the long run, however, currently, we are purchasing gimbal control boards in bulk from a European supplier, which is very expensive, even when we buy in bulk.

Additionally, we are currently having all CNC machining done locally (Canada) - however, we are looking into overseas solutions instead (i.e. China), which will likely be significantly less expensive.

These are just two (of many) factors which has prevented us from nailing the price down firmly, but we are very very very very close.There just don't seem to be enough hours in the day!

Keri

So will you be pricing the early adopter orders the same as those who discover you 6 -12 months from now? Regarding pricing, a mentor of mine said to always find your baseline and average it out. Dont screw over the early adopters because of the initial costs knowing the costs will go down over time.

I've got $349.00 burning a hole in my pocket right now. Can you make that happen?

What's the wifi range?

Post some real world videos.

If it's amazing you should be shouting from rooftops with footage.

A nice little spares package would also be nice if made available. I'm thinking that the camera and tilt motor cables will eventually fail from all the flexing they will be doing as well as few extra screws.

Thanks for clarifying the status of the "list" as a first-refusal thing. I also have to echo concerns about pricing for the first production run versus subsequent more economically produced runs - early adopters and their real-life videos and reviews will (hopefully) drive sales for you going forward, so it would be nice to factor that in and come up with a mid price.

Let's just say there's a few gun-shy DJI early adopters around who'd appreciate a price you can sustain going forward! ;)

Having said all that, business is business... Looking forward to some on-board footage.

keri

can you at not least show us the video footage of the test you have done as this would be a great help in deciding if it worth the wait. you have said the video footage is great I understand how busy you are but if you could fine the time to put it even if its the raw unedited would be a great help to us all

shaun27 said:
keri

can you at not least show us the video footage of the test you have done as this would be a great help in deciding if it worth the wait. you have said the video footage is great I understand how busy you are but if you could fine the time to put it even if its the raw unedited would be a great help to us all

It's 4:36am here, and I'm still working on this **** site. I'm going to sleep now, and will pull some nice footage together to post tomorrow, if I can! A lot of what I have is just from dicking around my property, but it certainly shows that the video is stable, and jello-free! As was mentioned in this thread earlier on, people usually appreciate well-polished product videos over sloppy test videos of boring subjects, so we've been waiting to get some footage from some interesting locations first... but we're being attacked from all angles for some "proof" that our gimbal works.

On a related note, which will hopefully give our gimbal manufacturing some more credibility, here is a video I shot and edited with one of our Hero 3 gimbals in Guadalupe, while running a great white underwater photography expedition. It isn't actually finished yet, and it isn't public... I'm going to make it private again in the morning, but take a look at it now:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEuWGdfFL3k[/youtube]

Stable enough for you? :)

Keri

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl