Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

And once again, don't feed the trolls please. Also, don't quote them as that way those who have them silenced by having them on the foe list get our peace disturbed a little every once in a while!

Just report the post if you don't like it (exclamation mark button) and carry on interacting with the 99% of people here who are on the more normal scale of human behaviour. ;)

I hope they find a way to do the tilt other then the app it is just so inconvenient to take hands off controls to tilt and you can't do fly away shots while keeping the frame in perspective the tilt lever is needed
Or a way to hold an extra finger on the gyro button
This might sound out there but is there something I can place on the ipad screen that will hold the gyro button at all times like a sticker. Lol

DronePeter said:
Pull_Up said:
1. Keri has said tilt control via the app only initially.
2. I don't think there's an official "list" yet - I think it's just people who've emailed them or said on here that they want to give Rotorpixel their money!

Once again, you don't know what you are talking about.

THERE IS AN OFFICIAL LIST

You confuse people all the time by assuming and guessing. Please stop doing this.

Pull_Up states an opinion (I don't think). You state as fact (There is an official list). Can you please publish the list or cite?

Rotorpixel said:
UPDATE TIME!

...We've got a list of over 300 people who have expressed interest in purchasing this gimbal, so some patience will be required... but, as they say, good things come to those who wait! :D

Having a list of names who've expressed an interest isn't the same as having a pre-order list. Hence the F5 mashing on their website to see when the actual pre-order list goes live! Lots of expression of interest, though, will help them to gauge how much to ramp up production after the first batch. Good luck to them, they'll have their hands full I suspect... :D

Rotorpixel said:
ryanza said:
Rotorpixel said:
with a small 3S battery powering the gimbal, instead of the main battery powering it

Keri

I was wondering how that would work out. Was this just a quick fix to get flying or could this be a feature of your gimbal for improved F2V battery performance?

This is not an ideal situation at all. The added weight of the battery surely outweighs the "savings" that the main battery gets. We'll definitely get better flight times with the main battery powering everything.

Mounting a Hero 2/3/3+ is simple - just swap out the Vision mount with one of these (this is a very old video - the newest Hero mounts are more clean):

Regarding the 7th channel - it shouldn't be difficult to implement, but we have our hands full already with every other aspect of the design/manufacturing process. When the dust settles from the initial tsunami of orders, then we'll start thinking of adding the 7th channel. The app does work though, and the camera can point straight down.

We're also playing with the idea of connecting 2 conductive stickers to the screen, which are connected to 2 conductive buttons, each having adhesive on their backs. This would theoretically allow you to stick the two buttons ("tilt up" and "tilt down") anywhere that you'd like on the controller, eliminating the need for the 7th channel altogether. Just a thought!

Keri

Thanks for the info finally provided, regarding the 7th channel, Keri. Now that I know that your gimbal will not allow me to tilt the gimbal remotely from my controller - at least, not yet - I finally decided to go for the dronexpert gimbal, instead. It's more expensive, yes, but it already includes this feature (7th channel), so, I can be more efficient doing FPV.

Rotorpixel said:
UPDATE TIME!

As many of you have seen already, we've updated http://www.rotorpixel.com, including a flamboyant pre-order button, which many have noticed is not an active link yet... sorry for the tease, everyone! I'm working on the actual product page right now, so hopefully it'll finally be up tomorrow.

We're trying to be extra careful that people understand the timeline that we're working with. While we'll be receiving metal parts from the CNC shop next week, we are setting up an assembly facility where they can be put together as quickly as possible. While we're setting up a new facility, we'll be slogging through the assembly process ourselves until proper production is up to speed. While we're making them ourselves by hand, there will be a finite number of units that we're able to ship each week, so until we're up to speed, there will some delay in orders shipping. We've got a list of over 300 people who have expressed interest in purchasing this gimbal, so some patience will be required... but, as they say, good things come to those who wait! :D

And, to answer the nagging questions about FPV range and the placement of the motor... We haven't conducted proper tests with/without the gimbal, so we don't have conclusive information yet, hence the lack of responses about it. However, I can tell you that yesterday I sent one up almost 400 feet, and still had perfect video signal. There have been a few times when the video freezes temporarily, but all other information is still being sent/received by wi-fi (including starting/stopping recording, taking photos, tilting the camera, and all telemetry info), which indicates to me that it may be an inherent problem with the camera, rather than as a result of wi-fi interruption. I've had this happen with the camera in its standard mount as well. But, in any case, these hiccups are a very minor inconvenience, as they can be almost immediately rectified by touching the "back" button, then clicking back on the camera icon.... everything then works perfectly again.

Also, the ABS is not a concern of ours at all. The metal motor with magnets are more of a concern, but even still, we haven't noticed a difference i transmission distance, but we haven't done proper tests yet to claim this with certainty.

brushlesheaven said:
KERI,
why do I see my town name ( Toronto ) on the top left corner of the page with your new gimbal for P2V?
Thanks
Robert

I live in Mississauga! Hooray for locals! Come check one of the gimbals out in person, if you'd like!

CUE JEALOUS REACTIONS :D

Keri,
Quick question: Are you going to allow people that are on your "list" first opportunity for purchasing and delivery? Or do you have to go thru your website? Appreciate and answer.
Thank you

AllanVB said:
Rotorpixel said:
UPDATE TIME!

As many of you have seen already, we've updated http://www.rotorpixel.com, including a flamboyant pre-order button, which many have noticed is not an active link yet... sorry for the tease, everyone! I'm working on the actual product page right now, so hopefully it'll finally be up tomorrow.

We're trying to be extra careful that people understand the timeline that we're working with. While we'll be receiving metal parts from the CNC shop next week, we are setting up an assembly facility where they can be put together as quickly as possible. While we're setting up a new facility, we'll be slogging through the assembly process ourselves until proper production is up to speed. While we're making them ourselves by hand, there will be a finite number of units that we're able to ship each week, so until we're up to speed, there will some delay in orders shipping. We've got a list of over 300 people who have expressed interest in purchasing this gimbal, so some patience will be required... but, as they say, good things come to those who wait! :D

And, to answer the nagging questions about FPV range and the placement of the motor... We haven't conducted proper tests with/without the gimbal, so we don't have conclusive information yet, hence the lack of responses about it. However, I can tell you that yesterday I sent one up almost 400 feet, and still had perfect video signal. There have been a few times when the video freezes temporarily, but all other information is still being sent/received by wi-fi (including starting/stopping recording, taking photos, tilting the camera, and all telemetry info), which indicates to me that it may be an inherent problem with the camera, rather than as a result of wi-fi interruption. I've had this happen with the camera in its standard mount as well. But, in any case, these hiccups are a very minor inconvenience, as they can be almost immediately rectified by touching the "back" button, then clicking back on the camera icon.... everything then works perfectly again.

Also, the ABS is not a concern of ours at all. The metal motor with magnets are more of a concern, but even still, we haven't noticed a difference i transmission distance, but we haven't done proper tests yet to claim this with certainty.

brushlesheaven said:
KERI,
why do I see my town name ( Toronto ) on the top left corner of the page with your new gimbal for P2V?
Thanks
Robert

I live in Mississauga! Hooray for locals! Come check one of the gimbals out in person, if you'd like!

CUE JEALOUS REACTIONS :D

Keri,
Quick question: Are you going to allow people that are on your "list" first opportunity for purchasing and delivery? Or do you have to go thru your website? Appreciate and answer.
Thank you

That would be a quick way to burn a bridge .. I can see if that list paid a deposit already . makes sense however I don't believe that was the case

If they activate the 7th channel at a later date would the early adopters be able to activate it as well or would it only be active for purchases from that point in time and after? Not sure how that works. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

AresSK said:
If they activate the 7th channel at a later date would the early adopters be able to activate it as well or would it only be active for purchases from that point in time and after? Not sure how that works. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The short answer is yes.

Pull Up AKA P2V Godfather.

Keep posting, some of your threads have helped me come up the curve very fast. Thanks for your time here and the knowledge shared.

To the other guy:

Take your meds, it seems you are off balance and not functioning as a useful member of society. You are like a stalker. Why should you care what another board member posts and have to troll each and every one of Pull Up's posts. I belive you spend as much time here responding to Pull Up's post so it's a bit of calling the kettle black.

In the words of "Click and Clack" (a US radio show)….

"DOESN'T ANYBODY SCREEN THESE CALLS?????"

Sure, I can block people, but that doesn't help the unregistered folks who are thinking about possibly joining this forum. :- (

Good news, however, I did manage to get some sleep last night. Of course that was in-between refreshing www.rotorpixel.com every hour or so. :- p

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michello