Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

DronePeter said:
**** off pull up
You don't know it so shut up
You don't even have a 2 axis gimbal, so keep your comments for yourself.
Ask people who do know and stop making other people upset with your wild guess.

Must not feed the trolls.

Jre said:
mert01mert said:
Hi everybody. I want to ask to rotorpixel that why your shipping cost is so expensive (eg: 90 dollar to my country Turkey). I dont understand because products is lightweight and small package?
Jre said:
He said "small package". :lol:
You are very funny man. If you look at rotorpixel shopping site you can see similar pruduct as gopro gimbal. And its shipping cost 90 dollar for turkey express shipping. And for turkey only one Choice for shipping which express international shipping. But i want standart international shipping because similar country about 25 dollar. I hope you understand jre ;-)

mert01mert said:
Jre said:
mert01mert said:
Hi everybody. I want to ask to rotorpixel that why your shipping cost is so expensive (eg: 90 dollar to my country Turkey). I dont understand because products is lightweight and small package?
Jre said:
He said "small package". :lol:
You are very funny man. If you look at rotorpixel shopping site you can see similar pruduct as gopro gimbal. And its shipping cost 90 dollar for turkey express shipping. And for turkey only one Choice for shipping which express international shipping. But i want standart international shipping because similar country about 25 dollar. I hope you understand jre ;-)
Well,
Here is another player... $275 US preorders start Monday
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyJKCF5bGlY

Rotorpixel... Hurry, so I can buy yours' please

mert01mert said:

You may want to contact then directly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Jre said:
Ah, that makes sense now. Hmm, wonder if they would be 100% responsive though with most modern smartphones. I'd Google it but I wouldn't know what they were called. Can anyone find a link to something like this? Or are we inventing something new here?

Nothing new. It's transferring the capacitive touch sensing ability from the screen to a different location.

If you've ever used a touch lamp, you know that if one person touches the lamp, and you touch that person, the lamp will react. It's not the same technology, but a similar principle.

FSJ Guy said:
Jre said:
Ah, that makes sense now. Hmm, wonder if they would be 100% responsive though with most modern smartphones. I'd Google it but I wouldn't know what they were called. Can anyone find a link to something like this? Or are we inventing something new here?

Nothing new. It's transferring the capacitive touch sensing ability from the screen to a different location.

If you've ever used a touch lamp, you know that if one person touches the lamp, and you touch that person, the lamp will react. It's not the same technology, but a similar principle.

Well I know the technology and parts are out there, but this specific rig for wired "remote" controlling your smart phone's touchscreen seems new / theoretical / untested. Definitely seems like a fun experiment / good time killer.

Jre said:
Well I know the technology and parts are out there, but this specific rig for wired "remote" controlling your smart phone's touchscreen seems new / theoretical / untested. Definitely seems like a fun experiment / good time killer.

I couldn't find any references something like that being done when I searched for it at Google. Of course, it's hard to figure out what keywords to use in the search.

It does seem a little like the way gloves designed for touchscreen use work. They have a small pad on the fingertips that is connected by a thin, thread-like wire, to a pad inside the glove.

-- Roger

Attachments

• youtube.png
    youtube.png
    12.6 KB · Views: 577
I don't like their design at all. Rotorpixel looks like the best design. Only time will tell.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Actually, I was just thinking, if you have steady hands you could just buy a set of these and position it on the gyro button on the screen:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00A1VGQS8/ref=redir_mdp_mobile

They say that the rectangular part is there to help it stick to the glove (not sure if I completely believe that), but if only the circular part is needed, then you could cut it off and fashion it to a miniature suction cup or stick it to a slightly bigger cutout of a plastic screen protector.

You'd have to adjust the gain on the gimbal though so you don't break your wrists. :D

Yes, all of this because DJI doesn't let you simply tap the gyro button to keep it on.

Hoping we might get an update shortly on when ordering might start.... The only change on the rotorpixel website, interestingly, is where it used to say "san francisco | toronto" it now just says "toronto"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez