Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Rotorpixel said:
Happyflyer said:
To anyone in the USA that has their gimbal and used Canada post with tracking: How long did it take until you received your shipment?

The Fedex service that you've paid for normally takes "5 business days" to deliver to US destinations. The Canada Post service that we're using takes "4-6 business days", and typically actually takes 3-5 business days... even faster than they advertise! Customs delays can happen on any package at any point, so this sort of anomaly can add another day or two onto the shipment, regardless of shipping method (even "overnight" services!). Both services are almost identically priced, so we're not profiting from the change - we just know that packages tend to arrive faster, than Fedex Ground.

In any case, please believe me when I say that it is a very reliable service that we've used for around 500 gimbals so far in the US alone. None have been lost/damaged, none have been mysteriously delayed, and all have arrived as expected.

Let me know if you have any other questions, or concerns.

Keri
I have had the customs delay happen in the past. A little device was delayed in Chicago for a week. Device was so good I ordered a second one and it was only delayed in customs for one day. So you never know what will happen with customs. Canada post states at this time mine should be delivered on Thursday. Oh, Goody!
Thanks Keri for the info.

I know it has noting to do with the RotorPixel gimbal, but more with the way to handle extreme demand and limited supply, but here is another approach to customer service from a comparable small R/C start-up business (husband+wife): http://rcexplorer.se/blog/2014/09/thank-you/#comments

Please note the speed with which customers get their packages, and the way questions are handled.

P.S.: David Windestål is best known for his appearance on the youtube channel "Flitetest" (http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9zTuyWffK9ckEz1216noAw)

But has his own channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC16hCs7XeniFuoJq0hm_-EA

My RP has left Canada !!! :D :D :D

gunslinger said:
I like tracking. Canada states it has left Canada. USPS states it is in Canada. Both updated.
Maybe they lost it! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

To anyone in USA: IF you used the postal systems for your delivery, did you have to sign for the package from RP?
I ask because I will not be home Saturday. That is the current estimate when it will arrive.

I crashed and broke the vertical arm of my rotorpixel. I ordered another arm and it should be here this week.

My question is, how do I remove the motor from the vertical arm? Do I simply remove the 4 hex screws and does the motor then slide off the shaft?
Thanks for any advice!

dirkclod said:
Happyflyer said:
To anyone in USA: IF you used the postal systems for your delivery, did you have to sign for the package from RP?
I ask because I will not be home Saturday. That is the current estimate when it will arrive.
Most likely you will :( Tell ya what though just send them an e-mail to drop it off here as I will be home and I will get it for ya ;)
......and then you will jump in your executive jet and fly it up here to me. Airport 2-1/2 miles from me can handle your jet. :cool:

Happyflyer said:
gunslinger said:
I like tracking. Canada states it has left Canada. USPS states it is in Canada. Both updated.
Maybe they lost it! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

You're using the same tracking number to check at USPS???

-slinger

gunslinger said:

-slinger
Yes. Somewhere along the way one postal system tells the other it is coming their way.

Happyflyer said:
gunslinger said:

-slinger
Yes. Somewhere along the way one postal system tells the other it is coming their way.

My RP is in Chicago... YeeFrickin'Ha!!!! :D :D :D

-slinger

Hello fellow flyers, I am new to the forum. i received my rotorpixel yesterday in South Africa and it looks and works beautiful. What doesn't work however is my Phantom 2 Vision. After hovering for a while, RPM is reduced even if I apply full power and the copter drops. Any advice?

Just received mine from the last batch, 3446 to North Carolina via FedEx air. Signature was required. So I am new to all this, so this install was interesting and I was paranoid to mess it up.. It was fairly easy for me, however, one thing I might have missed was how to deal with the servo cable that sits below the body of the gimbal frame and the PV2..at first I just connected and went along with the rest of the install according to the videos, but I noticed the aluminum and plastic body was pitching the connection tightly.. Even when the screws were only two screws. I carefully wedged everything a little loose, flipped the connection, and was able to get the connection free of the frame and in the right orientation, slightly ahead of the frame. Works phenomenal... Maybe this isn't the exact right way, but the little recessed spot I saw that might house the connection freely under it didn't allow for enough slack to make me comfortable that it wouldn't pull those delicate cables apart.

Maybe I'm being too careful, but I was so **** paranoid I'd mistakenly pull those cables apart or sevear them somehow.

Long story short... Gimbal is amazing and extremely stable. Just was tricky for me to get the cables situated correctly. I also used some of the provided rubber sticky pads in the PV to place between the aluminum and the body, not tightly, to absorb some shock and this really helped the smoothness of the gimbal. So far so good. I am a noob though, so don't quote me... Just letting you all know my experience.

Happy so far! Can't wait for tomorrow to fly it...

I did not have a problem before I installed the RPG. To do fault finding, I removed the RPG & camera, and added the same amount of weight in a sand bag. I managed to simulate the problem. It therefore seems to be that the problem is associated with additional weight. The RPG adds 190grams to the all up weight.

190g additional weight isn't really that bad. The P2V should easily be able to cope with that. The firmware update from may 21 should correct for heavy payloads, but the firmware update from july 29 added "advanced" auto land and return to home and land on battery low and critical. I have the same problem, when my P2V reaches 50% battery level. When doing a rapid ascend the voltage will drain momentarily to below 50% and it will auto land. Clever feature DJI. Maybe measuring the voltage drop over a 10 sec period could solve the problem? As always with DJI: Maybe in the next firmware update?

I have looked into how far the money spend on two new batteries (they are $212 each in Denmark) could get me towards another generic tricpoter/quad. Turns out, quite a long way.

Do you think it will help if I turn off low batt and return to home? Maybe also switch Naza-M back to Phantom?

Could anyone please tell me what is the exact weight of the latest revision of the Rotorpixel gimbal?

The latest gimbal is 220 grams. Installing it adds 190 grams thought, because the factory camera mount & servo weigh 30 grams.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94