Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

With all my attempts at getting a replacement junction board from Rotorpixel failing, I finally gave up. I ended up sourcing parts to bypass the fault and finally got my gimbal operating. I lodged a credit card dispute and succeeded in getting most of my money back. I have now gone down a different road and have a P2 with Zenmuse 3 axis gimbal. I am very happy that I never have to deal with Rotorpixel again.

Geert said:
RCRookie said:
I plan to use this craft for business, short of going to a larger platform with DSLR onboard its still a good option to the Plus.
Just disappointed Keri hasn't expanded on what he began. The competition will move to newer craft and leave RP in the dust if he doesn't keep up.
There are still lots of Vision owners that are hoping he come thru.

Absolutely right.
Keri should start to communicate again with his customers.

Geert./.
Maybe something tragic happened. Like a vacation to the Caribbean :)

I'm going to give it 2 more weeks, if Rotorpixel hasn't shipped any by then...I guess it's time to abandon ship! As they say..."no new is good news" but I'm afraid in this case it's just the opposite!

I just posted this to the Rotorpixel Facebook page:

I know this will be quickly removed but please take a minute first and read it thoroughly and think about what I'm saying.

You really need to start spending even 5 minutes a week writing a real quick update, you are loosing very loyal supporters over in the phantompilots forum. I bought a different gimbal to tide me over until you got somewhat caught up on the backlog. You are obviously a very bright talented individual, now you need to start acting like an intelligent business man. No news to your purchasers seems like you are taking the money and running.

I wish you and and company all the success in the world and will still probably order one of your gimbals in the future, probably after the 3rd axis is available. However, continue with no updates and ignoring emails and your company will fade into oblivion.

I'd like to propose a flooding of their Facebook page honestly stating your opinion of the job that they are doing. I seems that they have made the best of the gimbals "available", but are throwing that edge away by not being business savy. Maybe after deleting a 1,000 posts in a week, all basically saying the same thing Keri will wake up and smell the coffee.

jonesk32 said:

I know this will be quickly removed but please take a minute first and read it thoroughly and think about what I'm saying.

You really need to start spending even 5 minutes a week writing a real quick update, you are loosing very loyal supporters over in the phantompilots forum. I bought a different gimbal to tide me over until you got somewhat caught up on the backlog. You are obviously a very bright talented individual, now you need to start acting like an intelligent business man. No news to your purchasers seems like you are taking the money and running.

I wish you and and company all the success in the world and will still probably order one of your gimbals in the future, probably after the 3rd axis is available. However, continue with no updates and ignoring emails and your company will fade into oblivion.

I'd like to propose a flooding of their Facebook page honestly stating your opinion of the job that they are doing. I seems that they have made the best of the gimbals "available", but are throwing that edge away by not being business savy. Maybe after deleting a 1,000 posts in a week, all basically saying the same thing Keri will wake up and smell the coffee.
+1

tizzl10 said:
Good Lord, people are STILL throwing money at RP..incredible!

To quote "Wargames": only winning move is not to play...

That being said, people wait 6 weeks for things being shipped out of China, I don't think it is the wait that it frustrating customers, it is the total lack of communication. A look at RotorPixels website says it at: total lack of infrastructure. The product is propably fine.

There is a lot of denial going on here. Most people are afraid to post complaints for the fear of the company going tits up. But the reality is that its a buggy bit of kit that takes a lot to get set correct and the company are just not helping themselves at all. Maybe they are trying to put out a professional bit of kit but they need to get on top of this fast.

I dont have any problem with the performance or quality of the RP Gimbal. Its probably a little heavy compared to others, but thats not a bad thing in every situation. I havent found it to be "buggy" at all... Quite the opposite.

Keri posts "coming attractions" with new smaller profile motors, a shorter frame etc..then dissapears off the planet. I cant figure him out.

If he intends to upgrade future gimbals coming off the assemly line to these new specs. LET PEOPLE KNOW IT.

Those who've purchased already will likely want these upgrades. But if he doesnt correspond with his customer base. What are people to think when he makes himself unavailable to answer the most basic requests.

If these new motors and frames are already on hand... How hard can it be to assemble an upgrade kit and post it on his site?

If thats NOT his intention to make these parts available... SAY SO!

AllanVB said:
jonesk32 said:

+1

+2...

I ordered a Rotorpixel gimbal the day of release and 12 weeks later received it, 3 days after the Vision + was released. I had planned on keeping it, opened it and it was Black and I had ordered White. I emailed Keri and Rotorpixel notifying they had shipped the wrong color after my forever wait. Keri didn't respond for 2 weeks, they have the worst customer service! Keri's reply was for me to send Black one back and he would replace with correct color. No thanks, I didn't want to fight that frustrating battle. I sold mine on ebay and washed my hands of Rotrpixel.

Geert said:
DKDarkness said:
A look at RotorPixels website says it at: total lack of infrastructure. The product is propably fine.

Totally agree with you. Great product.
I don't know what happened with him. I had many times contact with him through email and Skype. No reaction is coming from him now.
I lost all confidence.

:(

Geert./.

I'm sorely in need of a good gimbal for my P2V and I've been on the fence watching the RotorPixel saga from the beginning. Just when I thought things were clearing up and seeing the new revisions and changing of the manufacturing process from 3D printing to injection molding... I read this. :shock:

I think I'll pick up a P2 with the gimbal and just move on...

-slinger

Rotorpixel website still says "Accepting Preorders" and he has pictures of old gimbal that is not the one that ships! Duh! They can't even update their website!

Geert said:
Hi Slinger,

As for now I would not recommend to order at Rotorpixel.
There is zero response coming from Canada. If you have a problem or just a question there is nobody who will help you out.
That is really bad news because the gimbal is a great product and very solid.

Geert./.
I feel sorry for all the people that have paid money...... if Rotorpixel is no longer around. Getting their money back could be a problem.

Greet, you have been a great supporter all along - it is really an injustice.

Allan

So is the feeling they are out of business and have just closed all contact with the customer?

This just posted 31 min ago on FB

ROTORPIXEL shared a link.
31 minutes ago
UPDATE!

We received the injection mold samples of various materials and colours on Saturday.... and they turned out even better than we could have imagined! They are SIGNIFICANTLY stronger, more durable, and more aesthetically pleasing than the previous 3D printed parts. To really show you what we mean, we shot a quick video comparing the surface finish and general strength of the old and new parts. It's really a night and day difference, which we're excited to include as a standard part moving forward.

http://youtu.be/xn_eVKm_2hM

Now that we've settled on the material, and confirmed that dimensional accuracy has been maintained through the injection molding process, we've put in an order for more than enough parts to clear out the entire backorder, which is scheduled to ship out to us by Tuesday. Once we have all of the parts in hand, then it'll be a mad dash to assemble, test, box, and ship as many units out as possible. So, after what seems like an eternity of waiting, we're FINALLY going to resume shipping our now substantially improved gimbals again!

We've got more exciting announcements coming soon, which we think you'll agree will make our gimbals a very worthwhile investment... so stay tuned!

Team Rotorpixel

Rotor Pixel update posted today. They should start shipping next week. I have to say, the new injection molded parts look far superior to the 3D printed ones.

The movie clip sure makes me feel a hell a lot more comfortable! Though Bernnie Maddaoff made everyone feel comfortable too!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart