Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Pull_Up said:
If you haven't changed into NAZA mode then the S1 switch won't make a difference - if you've got satellites then you'll be in GPS mode wherever you put the switch. If you have switched over to NAZA mode via the Assistant software then you'll have access to S1 functions to flip between GPS mode and ATTI mode.

Quick video describing the difference here:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SWg7fwEY00[/youtube]

I really must dust off the X4 and throw it around again - it's been sorely neglected recently, poor thing. Relegated to being used as a prop in low-fi videos!

Thanks again Pull_Up your videos are very helpful. I have to admit I didn't read the whole manual (and didn't see that bit about switching to NAZA) til yesterday, since I came from a phantom 1 and went straight to flying my P2V. A bit too eager I'll admit, but I love the longer flight times and FPV obviously.

Order 493 received and installed.

Installation went ok, thanks to Pull_Up's video (that little plastic spacer just did not want to come out!

Unfortunately, it's been gusting over 30mph here all week, so no flight testing just yet. I did, however, test the system and capture some video. I think I'm going to try to find some rubber washers that I can attach to the landing skids to add a little bit of height.

http://youtu.be/8nEcI0ALWFw

Good god im 658 so might be next week !!

:shock:

There was supposed to be one, but maybe pull up beat them to it !!

;)

Gear extension made from a conventional RC heli training kit to give the Rotorpixel gimbal equipped camera ground clearance. Light weight, and easily removable when I want to put the Phantom in a case.

Attachments

• _DSC4481s900.jpg
    _DSC4481s900.jpg
    357.7 KB · Views: 371
kloader said:
Gear extension made from a conventional RC heli training kit to give the Rotorpixel gimbal equipped camera ground clearance. Light weight, and easily removable when I want to put the Phantom in a case.

That's great! All "drones" should look like this, it can't possibly be up to no good with that decoration. :)

Geert said:
pyrophantom said:
Good god im 658 so might be next week !!

:shock:

Are you ready for receiving your Rotorpixel Gimbal ?
Is your Phantom ready for it?

:lol:

Hope you will get it very soon and have lots of fun with it.

Geert.

In the meantime I have actually got the plus, which I have to say is mightily impressive, so my P2V with rotorpixel is going to be my modded experimental aircraft lol

:D

A reminder, in case you ever read this thread Keri -- you were going to post the revised gimbal settings for those of us that got early ones. Not that there's a problem - but it might make it even better :)

pyrophantom said:
In the meantime I have actually got the plus, which I have to say is mightily impressive, so my P2V with rotorpixel is going to be my modded experimental aircraft lol
:D

As you have a PV+ -- on the sticker on the back of the 5.8G transmitter, what does it say the power is? PV says 11dBm.

Is there a way to contact Rotorpixel as in phone number or an address for replacement parts. I had a flying accident with my new gimbal and broke or damaged two items. I tried the email through Facebook and the company web page without success. :D

Thanks Robert.

#637 this is getting rather exciting, ordered on 24th February ..We've been patiently waiting..can't wait for the shipping email and the postman walking up to the door :mrgreen:

The weather has been rather wet, so I am sure by the time it gets here, expedited of course, had to pay the extra to get it to the UK in the soonest possible time, the sun will make an appearance.

Rotorpixel :D

Knotguilty said:
Is there a way to contact Rotorpixel as in phone number or an address for replacement parts. I had a flying accident with my new gimbal and broke or damaged two items. I tried the email through Facebook and the company web page without success. :D

Thanks Robert.
Your not alone with this dilemma. I received my gimbal on Mar 21 but it was defective straight from the box. I was promised the replacement part would be sent on Apr 06 but it still has not arrived. After numerous attempts with emails I finally got hold of Keri just over a week ago. He said he would look into it and get back in contact with in 2 minutes. Its been the longest 2 minutes ever as he never got back in contact. In desperation I have emailed him and offered to buy a replacement junction board (just in case the original had been lost in transit) but like you, I can’t get a response. If you read the rotorpixel facebook page there are others who have received the gimbal recently with missing hardware and are unable to get a reply. If you look at the top left corner of the packing slip that came with your gimbal you will see the address for Rotorpixel.

Unfortunately I threw away the packing materials so I lost the address. Please free to pm me if you have an address or number. Thanks and happy flying

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT