Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Shipped #463

Thank you for your order from Rotorpixel Shop! We wanted to let you know that your order (#1402072463) was shipped via Canada Post, Tracked Packet - USA on 4/22/2014.

Scottrod said:
jwuman said:
RCRookie said:
What role do you believe the Rotorpixel Gimbal played, if any, in your crash ?

Curious,
The Rookie :|

No role ....i think it was a failed calibration....calibrated inside my house prior to flight..should have done it outside....

Yeah. Sorry man. Looks like you ended up learning an expensive lesson. These things happen. I'm sure you'll get it up and running again.

Thanks Scott,,,indeed i did,,,,i was able to fix the RP gimble,,,tested out ok,,,only issue i have is a slightly bent motor arm (shell) and i believe just the ESC for that motor,,,all three other motors power up and run fine,,,,damaged ESC board i hope.......ESC was bent almost in half,,,,dont see any other visible damage to it...,,but, motor wont run on that ESC....

The crash / flyaway reports make me think someone needs to build a kill switch / rocket deployed parachute for these crafts. Something like an emergency button transmitter you stick to your control transmitter and if something bad starts happening you press the button to immediately kill power to the craft and deploy the parachute before it flies out of sight and/or hits the ground...

wp6529 said:
The crash / flyaway reports make me think someone needs to build a kill switch / rocket deployed parachute for these crafts. Something like an emergency button transmitter you stick to your control transmitter and if something bad starts happening you press the button to immediately kill power to the craft and deploy the parachute before it flies out of sight and/or hits the ground...

Thinking the same...i did see some prototype devices for octo sized craft...i could have used a ballistic recovery chute for sure...just plain ignorant of me to calibrate indoors before i flew....just happy it didnt break anyones elses property....RP gimble shock/crash test....check.....lucky gimble still works too....

Order #469 is ON ITS WAY!!!! :D

I guess I'll be surfing the Technical Discussion thread in a week or so!

With all these crash burns, I'm starting to wonder if it's safe to fly in any mode. It makes me nervous to think about flying in any populated places. I can't imagine giving someone a flat top hair cut wit it. LOL Is there an OnStar option for these?

Geert said:
RCRookie said:
Shipped #463

Thank you for your order from Rotorpixel Shop! We wanted to let you know that your order (#1402072463) was shipped via Canada Post, Tracked Packet - USA on 4/22/2014.

Finally

I am very happy for you. :)

Geert.

Thank You Geert....Sorry If I've been a pain in here :) ....It seems like forever since I ordered. I'll be re-reading your posts once I get my Gimbal and start trying to dial it in.
Thank you for all your posts in getting on top of the performance issues for the gimbal. All the posts will be invaluable.

The Rookie

"Thank you for your order from Rotorpixel Shop! We wanted to let you know that your order (#1402072477) was shipped via Canada Post, Small Packet International Surface on 4/22/2014"

Great news!!! :) :) :)

I was able to repair my RP Gimble after yesterday's mishap,,it is a well built gimble, the unit is operating excellent. I did have to neautrally balance both pitch and roll axis so that the camera sits still in any position you turn it and it doesnt try to auto correct itself. It took some time to do, since the camera has to come on and off multiple times until you get it just right. i watched a forum member video, (Pullup) who posted a great "how to" video on youtube,,,it was very helpful...It sucks i have to wait for a ESC from China to fly again and truely reap the benifits of the gimble system,,,,i am impressed with some members new videos; awesome product & performance from rotorpixel.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT