Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

OldFlyer said:
I received 439 today.

On inspection I noticed a couple of things that don't seem right. I haven't installed it on the phantom yet.

1: The cable to the sensor on top of camera bracket looks to be too tight when rolled to the left. It looks like whoever cable tied it to the gimbal frame didn't allow enough slack. See photo. I'm thinking of clipping the cable tie and re-doing it.

2: The pitch motor seems to bind when turned by hand. It doesn't turn smoothly. The other motor is really smooth.

Fred
Springfield Oregon

Just received mine this morning and on inspection mines the same as yours Fred, although both the motors on mine have some binding. Bearing in mind, if you compare them with the Phantom motors, they also have some binding, so I'm kinda thinking that's normal. I'm definitely going to give some more slack in that cable, as it just doesn't feel or look right. There's ample slack to the camera mount, but not enough from the cable tie to the main circuit board.

After last night post saying I was unable to track the progress of my RP gimbal after it had left Canada for the UK on Saturday. Well it arrived at my house this morning,bad thing is I'm stuck at work until 4:15 this afternoon . Hopefully should have time to fit and test fly when I get home :D :D :lol:

Rotorpixel fitted and all working. :mrgreen:

Some have said that their has been an issue with vibration buzzing noise on the camera mount (which Keri has traced to the camera mount), so to pre-empt that, I used a vey thin piece of foam, cut from the foam that comes in my phantom case. It's very thin and crushes down nicely, I fitted it in between the camera and the mounting case, so hopefully I won't have those buzzing vibration noises that some have reported.

Look forward to trying it all out Sunday hopefully. :mrgreen:

Jre said:
I've canceled my order.

While I would love to give RotorPixel my business, unfortunately I can't. I've been patiently waiting for 2+ months while my $409 has been held up. Have not received my gimbal and based on the latest numbers it would still be far off.

This is no longer an ideal or affordable solution for me (not that it was really affordable to begin with).

Going to try selling my custom P2V and get the P2V+ with 3-axis gimbal and no exposed wires.

I have also cancel my RP gimbal for a week ago, but the rotor pixel haven't confirmed my cancelation. What to do???

USPS tracking indicates #410 was sorted through my local post office here in N. TX this morning. It looks like it will be delivered today.

PhantomDave said:
RCRookie said:
FlyingFox said:
Where are we up to in the order numbers ?

As far as I know the last number posted in this thread was #456

7 more to go. Waiting Patiently! :cool:

The Rookie

Wow....what happened to ramping up?

Man these things look great! I agree about the ramping up part as well. I'm up there around 900 and sure would love this thing in the next month or so! I sure hope those guys can ramp up production as promised.

rfernandez said:
Yeh. he will ramp up when all the orders that has not been canceled have been filled sometime around 2020

Seriously? Why do you have to be a ****? I personally canceled my RP order but I have nothing but good things to say about Keri and his customer service.

Go play with your Taco Bell kids meal toy.

I recently got the replacement for the one I borrowed from Keri in Dominica. It was easy to install and is working great! I had a vibration when it was horizontal only (completely disappeared when I angled the camera at all). Seems like any damping will do -- I used a piece of tape around the camera mount. I think a piece of thin adhesive foam at the right spot in the mount would also do the trick.

I shot a little video in the backyard when the wind was gusting, and you CANNOT TELL THAT from the video -- very steady and smooth. Great product.

Scottrod said:
rfernandez said:
Yeh. he will ramp up when all the orders that has not been canceled have been filled sometime around 2020

Seriously? Why do you have to be a ****? I personally canceled my RP order but I have nothing but good things to say about Keri and his customer service.

+1. Everyone's entitled to an opinion but when you keep coming back to deliver it in a negative way again and again it starts to smack of someone with an agenda. Just sayin'...

Pull_Up said:
Scottrod said:
rfernandez said:

+1. Everyone's entitled to an opinion but when you keep coming back to deliver it in a negative way again and again it starts to smack of someone with an agenda. Just sayin'...

sar·casm
ˈsärˌkazəm/
noun
noun: sarcasm; plural noun: sarcasms
the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.
"his voice, hardened by sarcasm, could not hide his resentment"
synonyms: derision, mockery, ridicule, scorn, sneering, scoffing; irony; cynicism
"well, it's easy to see that she got her biting sarcasm from her mother"

Pull_Up said:
Thanks, but I'm not American so I don't need the definition. ;) As I said, if you're coming off as conveying contempt then there's probably an agenda. Or boredom. And by the way, I believe all the cool kids spell it "fanboi". :D

I personally find it funny that you and your gang jumps on anyone who says anything critical about this device. If they do, you assume they have some other motives.

Oh the joys of being the king of an RC helicopter forum. Please don't ever suggest to me how "cool kids" spell anything.

I'm patiently waiting, but am also not going to whine when someone else vents their frustration.

Please tell me who my gang members are, it's no fun not knowing I had one. If you can demonstrate who I've jumped on who had said anything critical in a genuine manner please let me know. On the other hand there do seem to be some who have some strange desire to see this particular product fail for some bizarre reason not based in fact or technical accuracy. As a happy owner of the product I find that behaviour somewhat disingenuous.

I think I said (yes, just checked) that everyone is entitled to an opinion, but those who have cancelled this product, bought another, but still like to come along and dig a little... Well, I personally find that funny (but not as in ha ha).

Anyway, sorry for the further off-topic - back to talking about the gimbal for our "helicopters".

No need to bow...

drone4me said:
440 delivered. Shipped Friday and delivered Monday in CA.

No joke you got yours? I'm in CA too #438. I just got back from vacation yesterday. Man I hope they didn't leave it on my doorstep!! Yikes. Now I'm worried.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT