Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Buzzing noise and vibrations fixed with Keri's assistance. He said he will cover this issue in a troubleshooting write up at a later date. When I have some time later this evening I'll post my own brief write up with pictures on the RP technical thread. It's an easy fix!

gfredrone said:
Buzzing noise and vibrations fixed with Keri's assistance. He said he will cover this issue in a troubleshooting write up at a later date. When I have some time later this evening I'll post my own brief write up with pictures on the RP technical thread . It's an easy fix!
wow... I am happy Keri got involved. I am interested in what you did. I will watch this thread.

BigSky said:
I know, but I can't undo the 7th channel for a week because I don't have a PC. I was asking if anyone knows of a mac software to do this. I hate to have to go buy a laptop just to do this.

If you have a remotely current Mac, you have a PC. A PC is a hardware platform and Macs are the same hardware platform now as other PCs. What you lack is Windows, and I'd suggest you look at doing that bootcamp thing so you can run Windows apps when needed. Every Mac user I know has this setup as you are really at a disadvantage if you can't run Windows software when needed. Alternatively just buy a really cheap Windows PC/laptop to use since even the cheap ones are pretty decent.

After 74 days of waiting, the good thing just happened to me.
Rotorpixel gimbal, traveling 12 minutes the distance of 9.1 kilometers is now here!!!
Very happy to have it in my hands... Very nice to see that is Made In Canada and very proud to see this printed on the box.
KERI, thank you for this fantastic product!!!
It looks high quality, it feels well and I see clearly the legitimate involvement to get #1 quality final product out!!!
For the rest of the guys still waiting, please do not give up!
Yours will get to your door on time and when it does, trust me you will be very nicely surprised....
Thank You KERI

Attachments

• SAM_0347-web.jpg
    SAM_0347-web.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 405
  • SAM_0348-web.jpg
    SAM_0348-web.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 394
My Gimbal set off from Canada to the UK on Fri 11th , Left Canada Sat 12th. No tracking update from that date on. Could anyone else from the UK who as already received there Gimbal let me know if i can track all the way using the Canada post web site, or do i have look on a UK postal web site such as Royal mail. Thanks. :?

wgasja said:
My Gimbal set off from Canada to the UK on Fri 11th , Left Canada Sat 12th. No tracking update from that date on. Could anyone else from the UK who as already received there Gimbal let me know if i can track all the way using the Canada post web site, or do i have look on a UK postal web site such as Royal mail. Thanks. :?

Once Canada Post indicates it has left the country, you have to continue tracking with the destination country's postal service site and the same tracking number. I've followed my shipment from Canada Post over to USPS tracking with no issues.

Yes, then you can watch it sit in customs doing nothing for a week...spooky, finally change of status tonight...

2014/04/14 05:41 GBCVTA,United Kingdom International item is in transit to the delivery office.
2014/04/09 17:41 GBCVTA,United Kingdom Item has been sent to customs in the destination country
17:40 GBCVTA,United Kingdom Item has been sent to customs in the destination country
17:36 GBCVTA,United Kingdom Item has arrived in foreign country
12:50 GBCVTA, International shipment has arrived in a foreign country
2014/04/08 10:48 MISSISSAUGA International item has left Canada
2014/04/07 18:58 MISSISSAUGA Item processed
18:54 MISSISSAUGA Item processed
17:07 MISSISSAUGA Item accepted at the Post Office

I've canceled my order.

While I would love to give RotorPixel my business, unfortunately I can't. I've been patiently waiting for 2+ months while my $409 has been held up. Have not received my gimbal and based on the latest numbers it would still be far off.

This is no longer an ideal or affordable solution for me (not that it was really affordable to begin with).

Going to try selling my custom P2V and get the P2V+ with 3-axis gimbal and no exposed wires.

wgasja said:

Mine never appeared on UK parcel farce or RM tracking. It just arrived one day...
However you may find entering your canada post tracking number into USPS tracking site give more info than canada's own site!

I should get my shipping notification Friday.
Crazy that Pull_Up ordered the same day, he, apparently early on the 10th and from the UK, (Live Preorder Feb 10). Unfortunately, I waited til like 6 pm US time on opening day to order my gimbal, and Pull_Up has had his for a month tomorrow (14th).

The Rookie

jadebox said:
I just finished installing mine. It went smoothly except for one minor hiccup. The gimbal wouldn't move up or down at first. I discovered that the screws attaching the camera holder to the gimbal were binding it. Loosening the screws cured the problem.

It's almost eerie watching it work as it moves in silence. No flights yet. Maybe tomorrow.

Thanks to those that posted photos and videos of the installation process. They helped a lot!

-- Roger

Mine was the same way but I noticed it before install, and fixed it. I added lock tite to the screws so that it wouldn't slip back down.

gfredrone said:
jadebox said:
I just finished installing mine. It went smoothly except for one minor hiccup. The gimbal wouldn't move up or down at first. I discovered that the screws attaching the camera holder to the gimbal were binding it. Loosening the screws cured the problem.

It's almost eerie watching it work as it moves in silence. No flights yet. Maybe tomorrow.

Thanks to those that posted photos and videos of the installation process. They helped a lot!

-- Roger

So yours makes no sound? Mine sounds and vibrates like a crazed dildo. I think I have a defect.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10814&start=40

I don't believe you have a defective motor. Mine was doing the same thing. Vibrating and like crazy. (no noise) However, I took it off the camera holder and made sure nothing else was touching and all cables were nice and tightly connected. The vibration went away. But sometimes I still hear the noise of the motors. Not too sure if this is normal, but it is not interfering with the operation.

Aguilarfx said:
gfredrone said:
jadebox said:

-- Roger

So yours makes no sound? Mine sounds and vibrates like a crazed dildo. I think I have a defect.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10814&start=40

I don't believe you have a defective motor. Mine was doing the same thing. Vibrating and like crazy. (no noise) However, I took it off the camera holder and made sure nothing else was touching and all cables were nice and tightly connected. The vibration went away. But sometimes I still hear the noise of the motors. Not too sure if this is normal, but it is not interfering with the operation.

Mine is completely silent now after doing this.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10814&start=44

I received 439 today.

On inspection I noticed a couple of things that don't seem right. I haven't installed it on the phantom yet.

1: The cable to the sensor on top of camera bracket looks to be too tight when rolled to the left. It looks like whoever cable tied it to the gimbal frame didn't allow enough slack. See photo. I'm thinking of clipping the cable tie and re-doing it.

2: The pitch motor seems to bind when turned by hand. It doesn't turn smoothly. The other motor is really smooth.

Fred
Springfield Oregon

Attachments

• Gimbal1.JPG
    Gimbal1.JPG
    151.6 KB · Views: 410
I just received an email from DJI HQ. I requested that third party gimbals on the P2V be accessible in a future software/firmware version, mainly to unlock the 7th channel, and they are running it up the flag pole to R&D. At minimum it's a small step forward for us beta testers.

I think we can get the FPV roll feature using the SBGC GUI's follow me mode setting but I haven't had a chance to play with the settings yet.

gfredrone said:
There should be enough slack. Mine is tied in the same spot and has plenty of play.

On mine, the weight of the motor, etc, is directly on the wire If it's tilted to that side and there's no power. You'd have to be careful not to cut the wire when your carrying the aircraft. I guess make sure it's tilted the other way. I think I'll make sure no weight can get on the wire.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT