Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

rich-s said:
Thinking about ordering. Was tempted to sell up and go plus, but think RP will be better option in the end. Anyone know what number the list is up to at the moment?
Which List? The RP or the 2VP?

Before I took the Vision out for a test with the new Rotorpixel gimbal, I realized that the pitch cable was pinched between the gimbal and the hull. I had to take the gimbal off to fix the problem. I realized that I had routed the cable towards the back of the 'copter instead of towards the front through the grove in the top of the gimbal.

Since I was taking it apart anyway, I decided to install the extended landing gear I had bought from eBay.

Misc-121.jpg

I took it out for a brief test flight and am very impressed by the improvement to the video.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtIPhhB-BX8[/youtube]

More at: Installing the Rotorpixel Gimbal

-- Roger

I ran the pitch cable straight back and taped the cable connector's to the airframe, so when the gimbal is on, the pitch cable wires are in the channel. I tried running it out of the front but my white camera wire and IMU wires were hitting the cable connector that way.

Attachments

• pitchcableRP.JPG
    pitchcableRP.JPG
    196.3 KB · Views: 462
Geert, I've tried everything but the software. Mainly because I can't find my mini usb cable and need to go buy one today. Mine vibrates and makes a loud noise with or without the black thumbscrew.

RCRookie said:
jimre said:
tedw123 said:
I just got my shipping notice, #456 shipped!
Noooooooooooo! Please tell me they didn't stop just before #457 (me)! Ahhhrrrggggg.....

Mosleyh said:
#423 is on the way also. I'm still on the fence about the P2V+, so it may stay in the box. I may be offering someone the chance to skip the line...

Let see how many are going out this week ?
I hope Keri will keep the same speed for the production.

Keri shipped mine Friday and on truck for delivery today! Not much customs holdups from Canada to USA.

Can anybody tell me the net additional weight of rotorpixel?pullup showed 260g of it which i find quite a lot. How much i deduct for the servo and the bottom mounting plate?

Geert said:
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO ELIMINATE VIBRATIONS

Several forum members sended me PM on how to eliminate JELLO and VIBRATIONS

2. Some members reported that there is too much tension on the motors and this will cause jello and vibrations. This can be fixed by reducing the output power on the motors through a software program.

Keri warned Not to do this. He said he was going to forward proper instruction but has not.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Is there any updates from Rotorpixel on numbers to be shipped Friday or in coming weeks ?

any updates are appreciated.

Thanks,
The Rookie

Man, I've spent around $1,636 on my P2V (accessories, MODs, case), plus another $409 on this gimbal totalling $2,045.

Really considering cancelling the RP order, selling my P2V with MODs (but not the case) and getting the P2V+ with 3-axis gimbal for $1,299.

gfredrone said:
Geert, I've tried everything but the software. Mainly because I can't find my mini usb cable and need to go buy one today. Mine vibrates and makes a loud noise with or without the black thumbscrew.

I can't say that I'm an expert, but I think you need to keep looking for something that is binding or even just touching the servo or camera holder. When the pitch cable was interfering with the movement of the gimbal on mine, it made a pronounced noise when the ear of the camera touched the cable - louder than you'd expect when it was just barely touching.

As I mentioned before, the screws attaching the camera holder to the gimbal appear to be a bit too long on mine. I had to back them out a bit to free the gimbal and allow it to move up and down. Your screws might be a bit too long also, in which case loosening them a bit might help.

-- Roger

Nothing is touching and screws are fine. It makes the noise and high frequency vibrations at power up and doesn't stop. I think I have a bad pitch motor. Luck of the draw I guess.

gfredrone said:
Nothing is touching and screws are fine. It makes the noise and high frequency vibrations at power up and doesn't stop. I think I have a bad pitch motor. Luck of the draw I guess.

I doubt it would be that to be honest as that would have shown up under a bench power up test (assuming they do power up testing on the bench and given the last few glitches I imagine they would).

;)

iResq said:
Keri has recommended settings that he said he would share. I'm sure it's part of the pre-order list.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

He sent them to me about a week ago but they didn't help me at all. I ended up tunning it myself and passed the numbers to him. He said he would take a look at the numbers and let me know what he thought about them but I haven't heard from him since

Since I switched over to the 7th channel thing, my software is now a mess, and I can't install my RotoRooter Gimbal. I had to go to a friends house to borrow his PC to set the 7th channel and he's gone on a long trip now.
Does anyone know if there is a software for Mac for the 7th channel yet? I'm dead in the water now. The instructions say to go under the advanced tab to set the servo travel limit to to -450 and the pitch gain to 0. There is no Gimbal tab under Advanced.

Screen_Shot_2014_04_14_at_1_12_47_PM.png

I know, but I can't undo the 7th channel for a week because I don't have a PC. I was asking if anyone knows of a mac software to do this. I hate to have to go buy a laptop just to do this.

Have you noticed under the new software now when you switch to the camera tilt gimbal (round icon) you can now control this hands free by just tilting the phone/hand controller I think this is much better than the 7th channel. I have both but it's so much easier tilting the phone/hand controller it's quite small adjustments make it really smooth. In answer to your question unless you have Microsoft installed on your mac I'm afraid not.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94