Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

The lead would add vibration if its pulling at all on the gimbal travel which is why most people have learned to keep it upright behind the camera and allow the maximum travel without adding any strain on any cables

pyrophantom said:
The lead would add vibration if its pulling at all on the gimbal travel which is why most people have learned to keep it upright behind the camera and allow the maximum travel without adding any strain on any cables

Hi pyrophantom,
So are you saying that a pinwheel can be added and attached to the phantom frame (or gimbal frame) with the lead coming into the camera from above rather than underneath or the side?

Cheers

#423 is on the way also. I'm still on the fence about the P2V+, so it may stay in the box. I may be offering someone the chance to skip the line...

tubino said:
Those of you who have tracking links, what is the ETA in days from shipment? 5? 7? ??

I selected whatever the standard shipping option was. My gimbal shipped last Friday and will arrive tomorrow. I'm in Florida. So, about a week is a good estimate.

-- ROger

gfredrone said:
#381 left Chicago on the 9th and there have been no tracking updates. Also the mail man has been by today so it's either lost or USPS haven't scanned it again. Ugh... Fingers crossed for a Saturday delivery.

Have a 3 battery sortie planned in the country on Sunday and would like to have my RP on board.

Processed through USPS Sort Facility

Your item was processed through and left our NORTH HOUSTON, TX 77315 facility on April 11, 2014 at 7:08 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

happydays said:
Waited and waited for DJI. Doesn't look like they are going to announce a gimbal for retrofitting to P2V any time soon. Just ordered my RP gimbal 1402073121. Does that mean I'm 1121?

Looks like it could be a long wait.

Connor

Right behind you Duude LOL Order Number: #1402073122

Sent 8 April - gets to UK within 24 hours then ******* customs get into the equation, no indication of how long or how much, no update from Post Office... :evil:

11-04-2014 09:37 International Hub Awaiting Customs Charging
09-04-2014 17:41 International Hub Awaiting Customs clearance
09-04-2014 17:40 International Hub Awaiting Customs clearance
09-04-2014 17:36 International Hub Received in destination country
09-04-2014 17:36 International Hub

At least you can see the tracking... Mine too nearly over 2 weeks to get here and had.. vanished from canadapost tracking after saying they had got it, never appeared on UK tracking, it just arrived! On the bright side, no duty VAT or charges... :)

gfredrone said:
gfredrone said:
#381 left Chicago on the 9th and there have been no tracking updates. Also the mail man has been by today so it's either lost or USPS haven't scanned it again. Ugh... Fingers crossed for a Saturday delivery.

Have a 3 battery sortie planned in the country on Sunday and would like to have my RP on board.

Processed through USPS Sort Facility

Your item was processed through and left our NORTH HOUSTON, TX 77315 facility on April 11, 2014 at 7:08 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Getting closer!

USPS LM014499705CA, Arrival at Unit 04/12/2014 8:33am SPRING TX 77381 Reply HELP 4 help-STOP to cancel

#446 Shipped Via Canada Post. I'm not sure how this works but I paid for FedEx (5 Days).
Well the good thing is it is on it's way.
Happy Flying

Defeats the object of paying for the 24 hours shipping, which wasn't cheap

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

PhantomDave said:
GetaGrip said:
A little raw Rotorpixel cranking and banking in a 25 Knot breeze for your enjoyment.
http://vimeo.com/91771993

I am kind of surprised to see that much prop in the shot. Is the camera set back further because you have a filter kit on it? Or is that the normal position?

I suspect that the manual camera tilt was adjusted too far upwards. I had the props showing up in my first Rotorpixel test flight but it turned out that my camera tilt settings allowed my camera to rotate well above horizontal. When the camera is pointed straight forward the props do not show up in the video even with pretty aggressive flying.
I changed my Pitch Max/ Center / Min settings to 1000 / -450 / -450. When the Min setting was at -1000, the tilt control would allow the camera to point upwards (towards props).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT