Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Great work. I don't care about the colour cause I won't see or hear it anyway :)

I want to figure out how to tap the camera video source directly so I can use an ImmersionRC vTX/vRX with FPV rather than video off the phone. Has anyone done this or is there a simple solution to it?

Well, If we are voting, +1 white

Also, I too would like to know about balance with the lens filter kit in place, this is a great feature that the Vision can have over the GoPro setups that can't handle any additions to the camera so it would be nice if you could support it!

awanderer said:
Great work. I don't care about the colour cause I won't see or hear it anyway :)

I want to figure out how to tap the camera video source directly so I can use an ImmersionRC vTX/vRX with FPV rather than video off the phone. Has anyone done this or is there a simple solution to it?

This is a problem as the RC control is 5.8Ghz on the Vision, quite unique, and a std analog VTX on 5.8Ghz is going to really mess with the radio. Just get a range extender on the wifi and an a/v adapter on your phone to goggles. I've done that and it works just fine.

RemE said:
awanderer said:

This is a problem as the RC control is 5.8Ghz on the Vision, quite unique, and a std analog VTX on 5.8Ghz is going to really mess with the radio. Just get a range extender on the wifi and an a/v adapter on your phone to goggles. I've done that and it works just fine.

Oops.. forgot about that. ****. Yes, you are right. I already have the adapter for the phone. Guess the extender is the way to go for sure. Thanks for straightening me out there

CunningStuntFlyer said:
RemE said:
Also, I too would like to know about balance with the lens filter kit in place, this is a great feature that the Vision can have over the GoPro setups that can't handle any additions to the camera so it would be nice if you could support it!

What "gopro setups" are you referring to ?

No problem using a few different lens filter configurations with a Phantom and GoPro here.

I'm referring to the Zenmuse Gimbal, it is perfectly balanced for the bare camera. They say to not put anything on the camera as it will unbalance the gimbal, tax the gimbal motors, and that they will fail much sooner.

CunningStuntFlyer said:
RemE said:
I'm referring to the Zenmuse Gimbal, it is perfectly balanced for the bare camera. They say to not put anything on the camera as it will unbalance the gimbal, tax the gimbal motors, and that they will fail much sooner.

Ok. So it's only one gopro setup, not setups. Got it.

I've read the same thing about the early zenmuses but have also read that they have corrected those issues (easy to do with other gopro setups with simple counterweights to balance them).

Frankly, any gimbal should be zero balanced else the motors and drivers are being taxed, let alone the flight loads. But you are right, just add counterweights.

Abaco Joe said:
Another new gimbal seems to be having trouble with the weight of the lens adapter and filter. Will the Rotorpixel gimbal be able to operate with this additional weight?
I am new to this forum. I am trying to learn as much as I can before I receive my Vision.
Thank You to the people here willing to share your knowledge and experiences.

Here is one other reason I want to go with this setup.. the control board has a GUI (SimpleBGC) you can calibrate via usb. Looks like you can also load and save profiles so if you have different filters with different weights I'm assuming you can just plug in and update before you fly.

http://www.basecamelectronics.com/downloads/

The manual is there as well as the software for free..

Not having any experience with a gimbal and currently using filters, can balancing be done just using gravity and some sort of weights? In other words, is there enough unpowered free play?

Oh, and black with white stripes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Pull_Up said:
No, white with black stripes would look much better...

I'd prefer white with white stripes...

:lol:

Pull_Up said:
Hmmm....

1, Buy cheap coloured spray paints in bulk.
2. Mark up outrageously.
3. Sell to Rotorpixel Vision gimbal customers, used to paying a fortune for stuff, as "high tech gimbal colour customisation solution".
4. Profit!
5. Buy Rotorpixel from spoils.

;)

I'm local to you Pull_Up, so I'm interested in being a partner in your scam, oops sorry, business Venture. ;) :lol:

DronePeter said:
Shedracer said:
Pull_Up said:
Hmmm....

2. Mark up outrageously.
3. Sell to Rotorpixel Vision gimbal customers, used to paying a fortune for stuff, as "high tech gimbal colour customisation solution".
4. Profit!

;)

I'm local to you Pull_Up, so I'm interested in being a partner in your scam, oops sorry, business Venture. ;) :lol:

Yeah right, in his scam +1

I will start printing stock certificates to sell, who wants to buy in?

Stocks, you say?!

arinvideo said:
Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

What he said! :D

Way to keep this thread on the front page people, LOL! Oh wait, now I'm doing it.

Pull_Up said:
Hmmm....

2. Mark up outrageously.
4. Profit!

;)
I'm still waiting for the video Simon !
Then I'm in.
Glen

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members