Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

the gimbal looks fantastic! congrats. but the frame rate is very slow. you can
count the frame rate. Could be a you tube thing, mean no offense.

Skipholiday said:
Pull_Up said:
Shaking on which axis - pitch, roll or both? Check that none of the cables is snagging anywhere and restricting movement of the camera...
How did you end up connecting your Flytrex with the RP gimbal?

Where it was before, underneath at the back. There is room between airframe and gimbal, although the Command strips were too thick so it's on with double-sided tape.

shaun27 said:
I no this is of topic just read this the way it going with all the bad press drones (uav) are getting of late I can seen a ban on them soon

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-26762198

I think a ban is highly unlikely. I am involved in fireworks which have had similar suggestions over the years but the govt is not enthusiastic to get involved with banning recreational pursuits which have a mass appeal as it would be expensive and unpopular with many. Yes there may be restrictions possibly, but I cant see the govt would have any stomach for doing anything so draconian. After all most people are flying in open public spaces and if a company chooses to produce such a drone which would obviously cause concern, then that particular avenue of operation would be stopped, not the flying itself.

The govt still allows people to set light to fire lanterns and have balls of fire floating around the sky and landing on thatched roofs etc, so they wont have the appetite to take on banning drones parse, but they might introduce legislation to make it an offence to set up a drone to do the kind of activity that was highlighted in the report.

Think we are fairly safe

;)

Pull_Up said:
Shaking on which axis - pitch, roll or both? Check that none of the cables is snagging anywhere and restricting movement of the camera...

Simon, I watched your video regarding balancing the RP.....did you balance the pitch or roll first? Does the sequence matter?

Pinch1020 said:
This may have been already answered in this post, but does this gimbal come with the 7th channel thingie?

No, but easy enough to install....you have to also run a program (it is on the internet) that makes the assistant software believe you have a Phantom, not the Phantom 2 Vision.

DKDarkness said:
CarlJ said:
I just wanted to say how much I have enjoyed this EPIC thread. I'm a huge fan of Pull_up, really love all his work, but he clearly doesn't understand the difference between an American and a 'Merican. ;)

I've enjoyed watching the process of creation by Keri, most impressive. I currently have a FC40, but I ditched the camera and added a GoPro. I believe Rotorpixel has a gimbal for the GoPro which sounds very interesting. Reading this thread has really increased my interest, not diminished it.

We all experience problems, it's what we do about them that defines us .

The RotorPixel is perfect for the Vision. However a FC40 does not have the required jack, and the RotorPixel has a jack you would have to blind to prevent shorts. Furthermore it is on back order, and the GoPro optional mount plate has not even been released yet. The newly released ZenMuse H3-3D would be a better (and lighter) match for your needs in my opinion.

DKDarkness,

Wow! Thanks so much for the information! I've been looking into the ZenMuse, and I'm ordering one today! Again thanks for your help.

Of course if you want even finer control and can solder, then just use a 100k rotary potentiometer in place of the top pot inside the tx, and do the setup in assistant.

Think this version has also been covered in the same topic thread.

;)

Phantomhoofy said:
Maybe no one have got an any shipping notice since its the weekend....Not meaning to be smug. :?

I sent Keri an email yesterday requesting ship date for order #456 and he replied:
We're moving as fast as we can. By mid week next week, we're hoping to be at around #410-420, so the following week would likely have your gimbal shipping out. But, we've been wrong about our schedule before (As I'm sure you're aware!). However, I think that things are going a little more smooth, now that we've ironed out a few of the manufacturing wrinkles.

Keri

tedw123 said:
Phantomhoofy said:
Maybe no one have got an any shipping notice since its the weekend....Not meaning to be smug. :?

I sent Keri an email yesterday requesting ship date for order #456 and he replied:
We're moving as fast as we can. By mid week next week, we're hoping to be at around #410-420, so the following week would likely have your gimbal shipping out. But, we've been wrong about our schedule before (As I'm sure you're aware!). However, I think that things are going a little more smooth, now that we've ironed out a few of the manufacturing wrinkles.

Keri

Thanks for the update, and keeping everyone informed. Much appreciated!

Geert said:
I noticed you also post this in other threads.
I saw you posted it in the Dronexpert thread. I got the feeling you try to push people in that direction. Maybe you have some personal business with that other cheap gimbal.

You made your point about this cheap gimbal already, so now we know. Thank you for the information once again.
As I suggest already, start your own thread.
We like to discuss here the RP gimbal.

Geert.

Well-stated Geert!!! Thank you. I'm at number 571 with my order for the RP. And I'm going to be patient waiting for what looks to be an excellent, high-quality product. My interest in this thread is the direct experience people have with the RP and any feedback that can be provided regarding who is where in the order process. I looked at the DRONExpert gimbal and, after much internal debate, decided on the RP. I follow this thread to stay informed regarding the RP. Thanks again!

MattOlieman said:
A one minute clip of my P2V/RotorPixel in action on a VERY windy day. 20 to 30 MPH gusts. Look at the trees :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T8imPzk9jQ[/youtube]

EDIT: I guess I don't know how to post YouTube here.... I host 16 websites... lol any suggestions....?
Excellent video showing off the RP's capability. Thanks Matt! Your posting is much appreciated.

tedw123 said:
Phantomhoofy said:

Keri
As no. 571 I would like to thank you for the order update!!

Here's another update posted by another forum user:

On the RP note, I heard back from Keri. Here's the current state of their union....

Don't listen to the people on the forums - the "2015" number that someone posted is completely inaccurate. We've got around 600 orders to ship out, and will hopefully be ramping up to around 100 units per week in the next couple of weeks, so once we're up to speed, we'll be breeze through the backorder pretty quickly. This week coming up, we'll be sending out around 50 units (at least), and more the following week.

So figure 8 weeks. Those estimates and rumors about August or even 2015 are off-base.

See http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic. ... =10#p97458

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thedrinklabsus