Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

I've seen a couple of videos from those who have received their Rotorpixel gimbals but it will be good to see more results.
Also would be good to see videos looking at the phantom in the air with the rotorpixel gimbal in operation.

Pull_Up said:
I get this a lot - out of interest, why? Surely the actual video footage is what's important and if it's stable then the gimbal is obviously moving to counteract correctly.

You'll have to wait for someone else though. I don't have another cameraman as the dog's not fully trained yet...
couldn't you mount it on the "purple" cast ? :)

Xcopter said:
I've seen a couple of videos from those who have received their Rotorpixel gimbals but it will be good to see more results.
Also would be good to see videos looking at the phantom in the air with the rotorpixel gimbal in operation.

I'll set the tripod up and do one when I receive # 381.

Just thought it would be good to see the gimbal stabilizing the camera whilst the phantom is airborne as opposed to someone holding the phantom in their hand whilst moving it about.

Thanks gfredrone, look forward to it.

I'm travelling and struggling to access phantompilots at the moment, so apologies if this has already been answered...

Keri - for those of us with gimbals (hopefully) en route, or not yet installed -- where was the short? Was is a cable assy fault, or a solder blob on the board.. or what? would also be useful for those with good installs, in case theirs are marginal...

DKDarkness said:
tedw123 said:
jjwags said:
I'm 767 - sheesh - I could still be weeks away.... :cry:

Although things may be working to my advantage, I'm still gritting my teeth as its Spring where I am and being 10 minutes from wildlife refuge where I shot the majority of the Landscape/Nature photos and aerials http://www.tedwphotography.com, it's torture not being able to shoot video! I'm 456 and at the 25 per week scenario looks like a few more weeks, about 9 week lead time.

The Vision does shoot video out of the box, you know :) Drifting in ATTI mode will give you half way decent video while you wait.

Yes, as a matter of fact a have a few nice HD videos of wildlife refuge on my website http://tedwphotography.com/videos/ taken with my Vision with stock gimbal. I'm a bit of a perfectionist and have been planning and marking spots for my Rotorpixel maiden voyage! Hopefully I don't experience to much "Rotorage" trying to be patient.

tedw123 said:
Yes, as a matter of fact a have a few nice HD videos of wildlife refuge on my website http://tedwphotography.com/videos/ taken with my Vision with stock gimbal. I'm a bit of a perfectionist and have been planning and marking spots for my Rotorpixel maiden voyage! Hopefully I don't experience to much "Rotorage" trying to be patient.

My family is from Wichita Falls, so I went to the Wichita Mountains pretty often as a kid. I really like the video, it's a cool area. (Too bad you have to live in Oklahoma) :lol:

On the second video I noticed a little bit of flicker that is probably caused by the props and the video is pointed down a little. You might try a lens hood for the flicker and maybe adjust the gimbal range and move the center up. (you can do it in the assistant software)

SlackerATX said:
tedw123 said:

My family is from Wichita Falls, so I went to the Wichita Mountains pretty often as a kid. I really like the video, it's a cool area. (Too bad you have to live in Oklahoma) :lol:

On the second video I noticed a little bit of flicker that is probably caused by the props and the video is pointed down a little. You might try a lens hood for the flicker and maybe adjust the gimbal range and move the center up. (you can do it in the assistant software)

Yes, living in Oklahoma is challenging but at least my back yard is the refuge, makes it a little more acceptable! Actually being 2.5 hours from Dallas and 1 hour from Oklahoma City eases the pain a bit also.

tedw123 said:
SlackerATX said:
tedw123 said:

Yes, living in Oklahoma is challenging but at least my back yard is the refuge, makes it a little more acceptable! Actually being 2.5 hours from Dallas and 1 hour from Oklahoma City eases the pain a bit also.

You must get some nice footage of storms coming in your neck of the woods !

:shock:

I received and installed my Rotorpixel gimbal today.

I noticed that once you attach the gimbal's main plate to the damping balls and insert the thumbscrews that the base plate is solidly attached to the bottom of the Phantom. In other words, in the original setup there was wiggle room with the damping balls such that you could "squish" them and get some travel but now there really is no travel with them once the gimbal is attached.

Is that what others are seeing who have theirs installed? Not sure what the impact is on jello affect as it's pretty windy here today and only did a very brief test flight.

Thanks.

Pull_Up said:
No, that's wrong - I did that first too. It didn't look right so I spoke to Rotorpixel about it and did a little addendum to my install video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rw5d67pBSU[/youtube]

You need to make sure there's a gap and doing it this way gets that.

Very helpful. Thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West