Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Advanced Remote Controller Firmware

Discussion in 'Phantom 3 Help' started by athill16, Jul 20, 2015.

1. athill16

I just got my P3 today and successfully updated the drone itself. But when I got to the controller, I tried updating it by flash drive and also by micro USB from drone to controller, and neither gave me a blue light to indicate it was updating, even after leaving them plugged in for over 60 seconds. I turned them on then went into the Pilot app and it says that the aircraft status is normal, should I have anything to worry about? It doesn't say the controller needs upgrading anymore...

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

3. Dronebow

I went through the same exercise. DJI told me that it may not need to be updated and then pointed me to the DJI Pilot app (sorry not where I can hook up to the remote currently) under the main menu choose options and about and it will tell you the current version. Mine was already at 1.2.8 apparently.

HOWEVER, I was getting different results when I hooked up from the quadcopter's camera to the remote. So I did also suspect, as someone else pointed out, that the remote may not be very good about recognizing USB 3.0 devices.

4. athill16

Awesome, thanks. I just ordered a micro SD to USB device anyways just to be safe.