Release DJI Ground Station for P2V+ Waypoints app 1.0.41

Re: Release DJI Ground Station for P2V+ Waypoints app 1.0.4

denofr said:
vyoufinder said:
This app sounds like just what I need but unfortunately, I can't seem to get it to work. I have android 4.1.1 and the latest version. When I slide left, I'm simply brought back to main menu in dji app. I have GPS location location settings enabled. Ideas anyone as to why?

You need to enable Ground Station in the DJI apps settings.

Did that already. When I slide left I'm taken to main menu... anyone?

I'm guessing there is no hope for a hack to change the range limits of the mission... ? I would assume one needs the source code for that to be possible.

srandall25 said:
I'm guessing there is no hope for a hack to change the range limits of the mission... ? I would assume one needs the source code for that to be possible.
It's called a GS Data Link kit :)

Opwan said:
It works in my Android tablet, try deleting it and re-installing.

Tried that already too. Deleted all settings, re-installed.. Frustrating. I also cannot search Google Play and find the main Vision app, I can only find it by coming to this forum, and luckily someone posted a link to the download so I can use apkinstaller in Android to install. You'd think they'd just put it on their site like everything else.

I just tried this GS function today and it works like a charm, i am absolutely amazed by the Phantom 2 Vision+ even though ive had it for months now

Ground Station With Waypoints.

I wanted to ask a quick question before I send my phantom on its first ground station mission. When starting a mission from ground level and I set all of my waypoints and their respective altitudes to say 150' will the Phantom climb to that programmed altitude before taking off in the flight path or will it just slowly climb as it is flying forward the first waypoint? My fear is this, I live in a very hilly area and I want to make sure that my phantom doesn't strike a tree line before reaching its first way point and altitude. I suppose what I am asking is that from ground take off can I program the phantom to first climb to the desired height and then proceed on its mission? Also, once the phantom has completed its mission will it land on its own or will it merely hover waiting for me to regain control? Any assistance is greatly appreciated thanks so much.

Re: Ground Station With Waypoints.

It will climb as it heads towards the first waypoint. Set your first immediately above your launch point so you are sure to climb first.

Thanks so much Dirty Bird. May I ask how long you have been flying the phantom? I am not ashamed to admit I am as new as they come. I have yet to fly it as I am fearful of crashing the darned thing right off the bat. I have been practicing with the JR Controller system and the Phoenix 5 Phantom Simulator for 4 days now because I have ZERO experience with RC Control anything. I have learned the most important orientation and how to basicly fly the simulator but I am sure there is no comparison to the real thing. I just want to be certain that I am doing everything right before I even turn the phantom on for the first time. Once again thanks so much.

The way points can be set very close to each other. There must be small piece of level ground that is clear near you. Try it first and see what yours does. At the end of my flight the Phantom simply hovered until I flicked the right hand switch up and down and landed it manually.

It truly means a lot to have folks like you around that are experienced. I have watched tons of videos and everyone keeps saying as long as you keep it in GPS mode in the beginning and just do everythinig slow that its a breeze to fly. I think I will remain in the simulator for a few more days to be on the safe side. A another guy on here told the that the actual Phantom was easier to fly in GPS mode than it was to fly the Simulator.

kymedic121 said:
Thanks so much Dirty Bird. May I ask how long you have been flying the phantom? I am not ashamed to admit I am as new as they come. I have yet to fly it as I am fearful of crashing the darned thing right off the bat. I have been practicing with the JR Controller system and the Phoenix 5 Phantom Simulator for 4 days now because I have ZERO experience with RC Control anything. I have learned the most important orientation and how to basically fly the simulator but I am sure there is no comparison to the real thing. I just want to be certain that I am doing everything right before I even turn the phantom on for the first time. Once again thanks so much.

I've been flying the Phantom since mid-April, and I believe I have completed 64 flights. I can appreciate your apprehension, as the Vision+ certainly is expensive. Of all the RC aircraft I own (40+) though, the Phantom is by far the easiest to fly. As you have no RC experience, the SIMs are a good idea. You might also want to check out one of the inexpensive micro-quads to practice with. Make sure you thoroughly understand the aircraft controls, LED indicator meaning, and how to regain control should an RTH occur. When you fly, find a big, open area, set her up, complete your pre-flight checklist, and perform the Flight Training maneuvers. Always remember the Vision+ is a camera platform. Fly slowly with precision and control. I look forward to seeing your first videos! ;)

Dirty Bird's Vision+ Maiden Flight: No Timidity Here! :shock:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9-Go4tJ1UQ[/youtube]

Once again thanks so much. I have downloaded the DJI App to my Samsung Note 2 last night and I am assuming that ground station is in there as well. This unit is brand new and I was wondering is there anything I have to download into the Phantom from DJI before flying?

Just do a search for 'dji vision' It's not hidden.

kymedic121 said:
Once again thanks so much. I have downloaded the DJI App to my Samsung Note 2 last night and I am assuming that ground station is in there as well. This unit is brand new and I was wondering is there anything I have to download into the Phantom from DJI before flying?

Download the Vision+ RC Assistant, Software Assistant, and Windows drivers (assuming you have a PC) from DJI's website. Install the drivers and the software. Attach your controller, run the RC Assistant, and calibrate your sticks, then plug the controller and shut down the RC Assistant. Next, attach the Phantom, power her up, and run the Software Assistant. In the Assistant you will want to calibrate your sticks again, and there is a section for updates. If you plan on running the Waypoints feature, you will need to latest version of the Vision+ firmware (3.04). I recommend you fly her on your own first to make sure everything is working properly before embarking on autonomous flight. You might also want to check into NAZA mode and whether it is something you want to enable. I did it out of the box as it gives you more features. I'll post a link below with info on NAZA mode and its benefits.

http://www.pattayadays.com/2014/03/naza-mode-on-the-phantom-2-vision/

kymedic121 said:
Thanks so much Dirty Bird. May I ask how long you have been flying the phantom? I am not ashamed to admit I am as new as they come. I have yet to fly it as I am fearful of crashing the darned thing right off the bat. I have been practicing with the JR Controller system and the Phoenix 5 Phantom Simulator for 4 days now because I have ZERO experience with RC Control anything. I have learned the most important orientation and how to basicly fly the simulator but I am sure there is no comparison to the real thing. I just want to be certain that I am doing everything right before I even turn the phantom on for the first time. Once again thanks so much.

I did the Pheonix 4 thing too. Massive difference is that the Phantom has a brain (switch to manual and she has none). In quads with no brains, you need to be on the sticks at all times or have balanced/calibrated it out so well that it floats with zero wind. You find it easier to fly a toy quad by keeping it in motion and very hard to make it hover in a spot. The controls are different as the phantom has the self centering left stick.

Having the brain makes it such a breeze to fly. You basically point and shoot. If you freak out, let the sticks go and she just hovers. We take this for granted and build false confidence and hence the crashes and fly-aways you hear about. I can't imagine flying a brainless quad out of site and relying on FPV (mind you the RC community has done this with planes for a long time).

I congratulate you on practicing on the Pheonix. You will find this articulate machinery easy to fly.
Stay safe

I truly appreciate all the input guys. It means a lot to have knowledgeable people that have the experience. I doubt seriously I will ever fly her in anything but GPS mode. If I ever do it will be after several years of confident flying skills. I know to some $1,400.00 is a drop in the bucket but to me its a lot of money and if I can protect my investment all while having a good time by flying in GPS mode then some can just call me a WUS cause thats what I intend to do. I tell myself now that I will probably never fly her out of line of sight but I may depending on how well I learn to trust the GPS, return home and way points. Right now I am apprehensive to even get her 40' off the ground in fear of freaking out and crashing it. Rest assured I will be going very slow and cautious for a very long time. Once again thanks guys for all of your help it really means a lot to us newbies.

Is the "Return To Home" feature enabled as a factory setting on the Vision Plus or do you have to enable the Nazam settings in order to set the "Return To Home" feature? I really want this feature to be enabled before I ever take off for the first time but setting the Nazam seems a little complicated. I will never use the ITTA mode or whatever its called. All I care about being active is the GPS Mode and Retrun To Home mode.

kymedic121 said:
Is the "Return To Home" feature enabled as a factory setting on the Vision Plus or do you have to enable the Nazam settings in order to set the "Return To Home" feature? I really want this feature to be enabled before I ever take off for the first time but setting the Nazam seems a little complicated. I will never use the ITTA mode or whatever its called. All I care about being active is the GPS Mode and Retrun To Home mode.

Return to Home with Auto-Land is the default setting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94