Release DJI Ground Station for P2V+ Waypoints app 1.0.41

Re: Release DJI Ground Station for P2V+ Waypoints app 1.0.4

On my P2V (not plus) the phone Ground Station does not appear to function even after all the software/firmware updates. The Mode shows N/A and the pin placing function is not responsive.

Am I missing something?

Timtro said:
On my P2V (not plus) the phone Ground Station does not appear to function even after all the software/firmware updates. The Mode shows N/A and the pin placing function is not responsive.

Am I missing something?

Have you done the tricks, first connect to internet and get maps, then connect to P2V.

Timtro said:

Am I missing something?

Is your camera fully updated?

-slinger

Timtro said:

Am I missing something?
You need at least 6+ identified satellites which means you can only use or 'play' with the feature when outside and the bird has view of the sky and sufficient satellites.

I agree that the GS Vision app was paid for when it was advertised as coming last Dec.
But in order to differentiate between the full GS, the full GS as adapted for the Vision, and the lite Vision GS app we need to use some sort of "easier to type" acronyms than all that. :?

I'm starting to call the full version "FGS", the full GS adapted for the Vision "FGSV", and the whimpy Vision version GSL (GS Lite).
I'm sure you guys can come up with something better.
I just want to make it easy on myself ... so I used "free" ...... but also because that's about all GSL is worth on a flying camera. ;)

Re: Ground Station With Waypoints

Dirty Bird said:
kymedic121 said:
So, unless I want to crazy acrobatics there is no need in activating the NAZAM mode? With all the videos I watch on youtube these folks are saying that the vision plus comes out of the box with the S1 toggle switch set to active the Return To Home feature and the S2 toggle switch is set to toggle from GPS mode and the ITTAT More or whatever its called. Is this correct?

In Vision mode (the default), S1 selects GPS mode (up position), or ATTI mode (either of the other two positions). S2 is inactive.....
I assume you meant Phantom mode (the default).
The S2 switch does have an active function as described in the Users Manual in section 5.5 Remote Controller Operation:
"S2 is used to record a Home point manually. After a Home point has been recorded automatically, flipping S2 from position 1 to position 3 and back 5 times (or more) rapidly will move the Home point to the Phantom’s current location."
It's also mentioned in a Hints and Tips box in section 4.2 Failsafe Procedure.
I have tried this S2 function and the P2V+ does respond with quick flashing green lights indicating that the new Home point has been set. This assumes 6 or more Sats are available.

I understand it now. I finally found the online FYI and it helps a lot. I will probably change to NAZAM after I have flown for a while in the Phantom Mode (Default) I figure I can't go wrong in that mode as long as I ensure that I stay in GPS mode. If i need failsafe RTH I will just kill power to controller and once bird is back in sight turn controller back on in GPS mode.

waypoint app and maps on PV2+

I tried the waypoint app today but before i tried it, i downloaded a map of my home area from google maps and b4 i saved it i zoomed in as much as i could keeping everything a reasonable focus. When i connected to the phantom and opened the app and map i could not zoom in enough to accurately set waypoints, the map was blurry. I waited and waited thinking it might take time to download, but not the case. Is this normal or is there a trick to saving the map b4 i connect to the phantom?

Re: Ground Station With Waypoints.

kymedic121 said:
I just found one of the best videos EVER for this! This guy does an awesome job of walking your through both software sets and how to set your Vision Plus up and he explains and shows you how to do it. Now, this is a true video tutorial done right. With the help of Dirty Bird and videos like these it takes all the reading and guess work out. Its folks like these who are making this sport more user friendly for us beginners into the RC World. Please go and watch this video and share this video with and share this with anyone that may need help with the understanding and using the settings, this guy knows his stuff.
http://youtu.be/695FLzWT_ko
It's great that you have done a lot of reading and watched a lot of videos - all good things, and the above video is a good one. Did you notice all the warnings about switching from the Phantom mode to NAZA? Including "Are you sure you really want to do this?"? DJI does that because the Phantom mode is the safest mode for beginners. You haven't had your first flight, and you are concerned that you might make a drastic novice mistake, certainly possible, so why the need to start your first flight in NAZA mode? Yes, others have successfully done so, and NAZA gives you great options but nothing you NEED for your first flights. IMHO, leave your system in the default Phantom mode, carefully follow the Users Guide and heed all its tips and warnings, and then perform all the steps in the Pilot Training Guide. You will notice 2 things. 1. The Phantom is relatively easy to fly. 2. That Pilot Training Guide is a GREAT learning experience for beginners, and yes, it will have you do the RTH feature! Yep, it's pretty cool. Then practice/repeat the Training Guide steps as necessary until you are very comfortable with all the maneuvers. Now with repeatable control basics under your belt, maybe that NAZA mode could be a neat thing to check out! And now you'll be in a much better position to recognize, understand, and handle the differences when you do so!

Oh, there's one more thing that will likely happen - you'll have a hard time wiping that smile off your face every time you fly! :D
Have Fun!!

Re: waypoint app and maps on PV2+

I saw some posts on here about using an internet connection while on the phantom's wifi network. Have a look through some of the posts on the waypoint app in this forum and you should find something about this.

When you say you downloaded the maps was that caching them using google maps? Best thing to do is open the phantom app while you have internet connection and zoom into the area you are going to be flying and they will cache in the app, dont use google maps to do this.

Re: Ground Station With Waypoints.

TeeJayN said:
kymedic121 said:
I just found one of the best videos EVER for this! This guy does an awesome job of walking your through both software sets and how to set your Vision Plus up and he explains and shows you how to do it. Now, this is a true video tutorial done right. With the help of Dirty Bird and videos like these it takes all the reading and guess work out. Its folks like these who are making this sport more user friendly for us beginners into the RC World. Please go and watch this video and share this video with and share this with anyone that may need help with the understanding and using the settings, this guy knows his stuff.
http://youtu.be/695FLzWT_ko
It's great that you have done a lot of reading and watched a lot of videos - all good things, and the above video is a good one. Did you notice all the warnings about switching from the Phantom mode to NAZA? Including "Are you sure you really want to do this?"? DJI does that because the Phantom mode is the safest mode for beginners. You haven't had your first flight, and you are concerned that you might make a drastic novice mistake, certainly possible, so why the need to start your first flight in NAZA mode? Yes, others have successfully done so, and NAZA gives you great options but nothing you NEED for your first flights. IMHO, leave your system in the default Phantom mode, carefully follow the Users Guide and heed all its tips and warnings, and then perform all the steps in the Pilot Training Guide. You will notice 2 things. 1. The Phantom is relatively easy to fly. 2. That Pilot Training Guide is a GREAT learning experience for beginners, and yes, it will have you do the RTH feature! Yep, it's pretty cool. Then practice/repeat the Training Guide steps as necessary until you are very comfortable with all the maneuvers. Now with repeatable control basics under your belt, maybe that NAZA mode could be a neat thing to check out! And now you'll be in a much better position to recognize, understand, and handle the differences when you do so!

Oh, there's one more thing that will likely happen - you'll have a hard time wiping that smile off your face every time you fly! :D
Have Fun!!

Yes, I agree with you 100%. I have spent the past few weeks in the phoenix 5 simulator learning to fly the Phantom. I completely understand that the simulator is just that and cannot compare to the real thing but it was a good starting point to learn how to control an RC aircraft, learn orientation and learn which stick does what. I can now pick up the controller and while in the simulator make the imaginary phantom do anything I want but I still recognize that its not the same. I am a very rationale and analytical person and I recognized last night that the simulator is great for achieving all the above but it is also a platform in which can give one a false sense of confidence too. You cannot replicate genuine external and environmental forces, nor can you replicate real life fly conditions or dangers. So with this being said, I recognize that as I BEGINNER that I have no business using NAZAM mode just yet. Have decided to rely on the factory settings for quite some time before I make any modifications to operation. Thanks so much for confirming my analytical side as I was beginning to think I was crazy. I have had so many tell me "Its easy to fly, don't worry about it" it very well may easy to fly be but I feel with some basic genuine caution, common sense and the diligence to do it right the first time and by the book may result in me flying this for many years and not suffering a loss due to crash or fly off due to errors being made on our part. Rest assured I will completing many training flights as recommended by the manual and to not do so would be irresponsible on my part. I have plenty of time and there is no rush. Better to go slow and learn the right way the first time. Once again thanks so much.

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
When you say you downloaded the maps was that caching them using google maps? Best thing to do is open the phantom app while you have internet connection and zoom into the area you are going to be flying and they will cache in the app, dont use google maps to do this.

Gday Mal, i dont understand what is meant by caching. What i did was open google maps to the area im in then saved that map in the drop down menu. When i first opened the waypoint app no map showed up at all, i waited and waited but no map just the grid lines. The phantom was ready to fly but no map was visible in the app until i did what i described with the maps.

michaeljp said:
Mal_PV2_Ireland said:

Gday Mal, i dont understand what is meant by caching. What i did was open google maps to the area im in then saved that map in the drop down menu. When i first opened the waypoint app no map showed up at all, i waited and waited but no map just the grid lines. The phantom was ready to fly but no map was visible in the app until i did what i described with the maps.

From what I understand is that when you get to your flight location while still logged into your service providers wifi network open the DJI software and enable your Ground Station in the settings mode, then go to your camera mode and swipe the screen and wait for map to appear. From the way I understand this all must be done in regular wifi mode before connecting to your phantoms wifi device. Once this is done, you should have cached maps. If this is wrong someone please tell me.

AnselA said:
Timtro said:

Am I missing something?

Have you done the tricks, first connect to internet and get maps, then connect to P2V.

Got the maps downloaded just fine. Tried switching from NAZA to Phantom but that didn't change it so I'm back to NAZA mode.

Later update: Got it working after camera software update as suggested here. Thanks!

wattsn said:
Timtro said:

Am I missing something?
You need at least 6+ identified satellites which means you can only use or 'play' with the feature when outside and the bird has view of the sky and sufficient satellites.

I did have 6 sats but the camera update may be something I missed. My P2V was being repaired when that came out.

UPDATE: I updated the camera software and all is good now. No problems. Nice!

Timtro said:
Tried switching from NAZI to Phantom but that didn't change it so I'm back to NAZI mode.

I didn't ask that, but switching from one network to another. Never mind...

Just be careful with spelling, NSA might be listening.

From what ive read GS ground station is not for PV2 or PV2+ . For these 2 quads we can only use the normal dji app with the updated waypoint add on.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart