Release DJI Ground Station for P2V+ Waypoints app 1.0.41

Re: Release DJI Ground Station for P2V+ Waypoints app 1.0.4

You can set a first way point directly above you, or clear all obstructions by flying manually and only then pressing go to start your mission.

Re: Waypoints

darrellkh said:
I'm excited to use the waypoint system on my vision plus but.
DJI should supply customers with a complete how to instructions to download?
Maybe I missed it somewhere, how do you send the phantom home and land?

Thanks

Hi,
There is an updated manual on DJI's website that explains it all.
Good luck

Mine takes off vertically and hovers for a while before setting off on the course - about 3m high I think. When it finishes, it just sits there waiting for me to take control and land it. Great for long approach shots. I like it.

I especially like the way it tells you that you have home lock when the six sats have been locked on and the second set of fast green pulses are complete.

I'm on all the latest software versions.

PhantomRock said:
You can set a first way point directly above you, or clear all obstructions by flying manually and only then pressing go to start your mission.

That would be to easy! I didn't think about adding waypoint at take off point, thanks!

happydays said:
Mine takes off vertically and hovers for a while before setting off on the course - about 3m high I think. When it finishes, it just sits there waiting for me to take control and land it. Great for long approach shots. I like it.

I especially like the way it tells you that you have home lock when the six sats have been locked on and the second set of fast green pulses are complete.

I'm on all the latest software versions.

I think it only behaves like that if it takes off from ground. I've done that a few times myself. IN open field this is not an issue. In my tight backyard with it potentially drifting into walls and fence, it's problematic. So I manually fly it up about 100 feet then press Go. Got a much better responds.

When return, it returns to the same spot. This is also useful if you ever needed to call it back in mid-mission as to avoid colliding into nearby trees and etc.

Waypoint

Does anyone know if you can land the vision plus using waypoints?
Or do you have to switch the S1 switch down and then up again to take control

Thanks

Where do I find this app 1.041. The apple App Store says there is no such thing

Opwan said:
wattsn said:
Opwan said:
I won't have to worry about it before long, full GS on the way! I can save my routes on the cloud and tweak them anytime. :D

Bear in mind the full GS app does not actually store the co-ordinates of the way points when you save a mission as a template. What is does is simply save the shape of the mission but if you recall it each waypoint will not be in the exact co-ord position of when you created them. It does seem strange to me but is the way it is. A template is simply a waypoint shape not the actual individual waypoint coordinates.
I know, but you can place the template in the same place on the map and get er close. :)

Absolutely, assuming you have the map displayed at the same zoom level as previously also. Not quite as useful as if the waypoints stored the co-ords as well.

Re: Waypoint

When?
At the last waypoint?

I'd be nice if DJI issued a detailed instruction Manuel

Thanks for your help bjoun

Darrellkh

The English Guy said:
Where do I find this app 1.041. The apple App Store says there is no such thing
The only "DJI Vision" app that's available on the App Store is the 1.0.41 version. If you already have an earlier version on your phone all you need to do is update.

yawnalot29 said:
Dadcat said:
I had no problems except the bird wanted to immediately take off toward the first waypoint, tiltied forward and almost hit the props on the ground before lifting off. The promised 16 foot altitude gain on "Go" didn't happen. That might be because I'm using old firmware. Others have suggested setting the first waypoint straight up. I think I'll just manually take off a few feet before pressing "Go".

Once you set waypoint, and at the screen before you hit "Go". Manually start the engine, take your quad up in the air and clear all obstruction. Then hit "Go". You'll find it goes MUCH more smooth that way. I launched in my backyard where I got lots of trees, wall, fence, and etc. Not to mention it helps with getting additional visibility to Sat.

Exactly what I do. Get the Phantom up higher than any surrounding objects and then hit GO. Waypoints get uploaded quickly and off it goes. Since I am sure to lose the WiFi connection I just wait, always with some anxiety, for the mission to be completed. When the copter returns overhead I take over control and land. At that point I go to my phone to reconnect the Wifi so I can stop recording before shutting the battery down on the Phantom. I consider it to be risky heading for the first waypoint directly from the ground unless you have a lot of open space, which I typically do not have.

Geert said:
Bjorn Thore said:
When using the waypoint! My phantom vision plus is "eating" the battery... you will loose a lot of flying time when using the waypoint. Anybody else have the same experience??

Regards
Bjorn

I didn't notice any difference at all so far.
Will check it out today.

Geert./.

I haven't notice any difference either but I probably need to pay closer attention.

First flight using waypoints . Difficult to see the phantom from afar but can be just made out. Downloaded the map in the cache before leaving home and the app found it automatically. Put in the waypoints and it did what it said on the box. For a comparatively cheap flying platform I thought it is quite astounding. What I would want to use it for I cannot think but maybe something will come up. https://vimeo.com/99726555

This app sounds like just what I need but unfortunately, I can't seem to get it to work. I have android 4.1.1 and the latest version. When I slide left, I'm simply brought back to main menu in dji app. I have GPS location location settings enabled. Ideas anyone as to why?

vyoufinder said:
This app sounds like just what I need but unfortunately, I can't seem to get it to work. I have android 4.1.1 and the latest version. When I slide left, I'm simply brought back to main menu in dji app. I have GPS location location settings enabled. Ideas anyone as to why?

You need to enable Ground Station in the DJI apps settings.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart