Really dumb question re: range extenders

Reaction score
Unlike many of you (or so it seems) I'm definitely not tech-minded to the point of being able to decipher half of what is being discussed in this forum! So please excuse this question if it comes across as being on the ignorant side!

Many of the discussions of "range extenders" appear to be related to the video feed - either to the iphone display on the Vision 2 or to an aftermarket FPV on the Non Vision. Is this a correct assumption? Or is the range extender and extender for the signal from the controller to the drone?

I guess my real question is how do I extend the range for both?

I have a Kumbacam FPV which seems to work fine for the distances I've flown thus far. But I admit that I haven't flown beyond actual visual range of the drone itself (maybe 500 feet away in any direction). So I haven't had any issues with either signal loss to the drone or loss of the FPV function. However, since I'd like to fly further than 500' I'd prefer not to lose either the operational or visual signal if possible.

So what exactly do I need to add to my set up to improve both and are there any detailed threads (I don't even know what to search for since I'm not sure what each one is referred to as).

Thank you very much in advance for any assistance!

My first FPV setup was the Kumbacam. I liked how everything was packaged together. However, I went through two set ups and I had very limited range. I ditched it for a Fatshark goggle set up and added a Black Pearl monitor. Not really the cheapest thing to do.

You can increase your range by switching out to clover leaf antennas. You'll need the ones with RP-SMA connectors.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl