Questions about GPS.

Jenko1989 said:
aartsf said:
The most easy way to recognise a v3 is looking at the Rx that came with it. When that Rx had gimbal tilting weal on the top left hand corner its a v3; if not you don't have a v3.
An other question related to your problem though.... as you were flying in a different area than you usual fly, did yoy callebrate the compas before flying?

No i didn't.... :(
Than that could explain your gps-issue, as your controller makes its calculation based on a mix of the compass data and the satelate data. If your compass is not properly calibrated, the controller will get confused because it get wrong input from the non-calibrated compass that will not match properly with the gps input.

Jenko1989 said:
Hi guys firstly merrsy Christmas to everybody!

I was trying to fly my phantom today and i struggled to get a GPS lock, but when i did i kept losing it. I just want to know, will the return to home function work if the phantom saves the home point at the beginning of the flight (rapid flashing green LED'S) but then loses GPS lock during flight? Will it remember the home point and be able to go to it even f it no longer has GPS? Or do you need a full GPS lock for that to work.
Also, can having an uncalibrated compass affect the GPS?

Thanks guys, have a good one!

You need the full upgrade. GPS antenna, shielding+ wire shielding, rf chokes, plug securing. Guys have gone from 5 satellites to 11, most will see a 1-3 improvement and not lose any during recording.

burlbark said:
Jenko1989 said:
Hi guys firstly merrsy Christmas to everybody!

I was trying to fly my phantom today and i struggled to get a GPS lock, but when i did i kept losing it. I just want to know, will the return to home function work if the phantom saves the home point at the beginning of the flight (rapid flashing green LED'S) but then loses GPS lock during flight? Will it remember the home point and be able to go to it even f it no longer has GPS? Or do you need a full GPS lock for that to work.
Also, can having an uncalibrated compass affect the GPS?

Thanks guys, have a good one!

You need the full upgrade. GPS antenna, shielding+ wire shielding, rf chokes, plug securing. Guys have gone from 5 satellites to 11, most will see a 1-3 improvement and not lose any during recording.
That conclusion is premature looking at the available information.

aartsf said:
The most easy way to recognise a v3 is looking at the Rx that came with it. When that Rx had gimbal tilting weal on the top left hand corner its a v3; if not you don't have a v3.
An other question related to your problem though.... as you were flying in a different area than you usual fly, did yoy callebrate the compas before flying?

Also, look at he props. Near the center should be "9450 cw" which indicates that the Aretha newer V3 props.

Not sure where to look to verify the newer motors.

The newer motor have nicer winded copper wires inside and fully coloured prop-threars; while with the older motors only the tip of the prop-threars are coloured (2 black and 2 silver)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl