Question on Long Flight returning Home

Reaction score
In the flight simulator mode I noticed that when you are flying away from the home point, there is a green line that is constantly on the screen that you can use to take the shortest or most direct route back home home.
When I was flying the drone today I noticed that the green line wasn't there so I was hesitant to go far and not be able to fly the most direct path home in case I got disoriented by looking at the map on the screen. Unless I couldn't see the line because of the glare on my phone. This is my first actual day of taking it up on small flights to get my feet wet. I flew it a couple of times in an open area in the beginner mode two days ago.
Is there a setting somewhere, where I can turn this feature on? I don't know if it has to do with maybe the version of software that is installed on my equipment. I don't know how to find the version of software that I have. Before I take off, the controller does tell me that the home point has been set, in case that has something to do with it. I calibrate the compass also. I am totally new to this.
My brother has a P3S and his shows the green line while he is up in the air. That's what brought up this question today.
Here is s pic of what I'm talking about. On the bottom left small screen.
4c9aeaef07a0e3aa5eb4fc27b894cb72.jpg

Here is a pic of when I went up and turned back because I couldn't see the bird is hat good cause of the sun glare.
37323b214f8836864b13a63e1e8add86.jpg

Thanks in advance for the help.
Michael

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turn on the "Show Flight Route" feature in the DJI GO app:

ShowFlightRoute.png

I just checked and it is on, thanks for the quick reply. Maybe I couldn't see it because of the glare on the phone on the three small flights I made. I'm gonna turn my brightness up and see if that will help out. I did purchase a smartphone hood cover but it doesn't help much. LOTS TO LEARN!!

I just checked and it is on, thanks for the quick reply. Maybe I couldn't see it because of the glare on the phone on the three small flights I made. I'm gonna turn my brightness up and see if that will help out. I did purchase a smartphone hood cover but it doesn't help much. LOTS TO LEARN!!
Touch the icon in top right of your small map view and you can change it to the radar display that shows you where your Phantom is and what direction it is pointing
i-csxHgt5-L.png

Reactions: mikecorn1
Turn on the "Show Flight Route" feature in the DJI GO app:

View attachment 42678

I went back out when the sun was not so distracting and creating a huge glare on the screen. I finally was able to see the green flight path line. Then and only then did I get the courage to go out beyond sight. I know the area well and knew there was nothing I would hit flying up 200ft plus. Kinda over kill [emoji16]. I took it to 300 ft and went out about 3300 ft and turned back around. Of course being the first time I went out where I couldn't see it, I was a nervous wreck. I know know you have to trust your equipment and know where you are and be aware of your tall surroundings.
So I just concentrated on following the flight path line and for what it seemed to take forever, I saw the P3A finally coming in.
Thanks again to you and all the help you provide to all of us that are just starting in this.

The very first time I took mine out of line of sight I hit a tree. I had it set for 120 ft altitude. I am in Florida so no problem right? Wrong, Florida is no totally flat. Long story shot. It tumbled down the tree bounced off a bush and landed on the ground. Absolutely no damage. Even the gimbal was ok. Now I check the terrain before flying. 120 feet where u take off is not what it is down the road a piece.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl