Quads under $100

Reaction score
Hello all, I am looking for a quad that does not
Need to have a camera and is good for quick dun flights. Any ideas?
Thanks
Mike

The Dromida Ominus is also a good choice. It's fun to fly, and it holds up well to, uh, "hard landings".

Syma X5C-1 All The Way.
It comes with a pretty decent 2MP camera that you can take off for extra fast flying...but use it if you want some video. Dromida Ominus = same price no camera Booooo!

JJC H8C is notorious for early motor failure. Like DOA.

The winner is the Syma X5C-1
Tough as nails too.
$50 approx

There are lots of choices but do this before you buy. Select a model and check for parts availability. Cheap quads have cheap motors and they will burn out. Mostly they use brushed motors. You can't fly pack after pack. The motors get hot. They need a cool cycle between flights in most cased. See if the parts can be had locally. Many suppliers are overseas. I don't want to wait a month to get a part. The prices on parts are all over the place too. On my V262 quads, I have seen motor replacements range from $3.80 each to over $16.00. Many are not worth fixing. These are not Phantoms with ball bearing motors. They are cheap like in a cheap toy. They can nickel and dime you to death sometimes. When I got my first V262 Cyclone quad and thinking about replacement parts and the costs, I just bought another one. Luckily they both are still flying. The best thing I ever did was order my first Phantom with the prices dropping. I now have 3 as prices kept dropping. You get what you pay for. If you want to fly in your house and crash into stuff....buy a cheap quad and when it dies, trash it. They are good to learn on and get your skills. If you want something that flys well and you can build on...get a Phantom. That's my experience.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures