PROJECT Phantom6

HAAAHAAAA...i hope you are right...would be too funny (and embarrasing ).

When i get home monday i will do the swap

I almost lost hope by now...but i might be back

RCee, I hope this is the deal. You've got a number of folks holding their breath, waiting to see that monster rise like the Phoenix from the ashes. Monday it is! Hurry, ...I'm turning blue :confused:

Reactions: KyleMaxxUAV
+1

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

RCeeWee, in your video your #1 prop (red right arm) is a CW when it should be CCW. Your motors are spinning the correct way for a (X Hex) but with the props all backwards, you are effectively sucking the F550 to the ground. Please take a look at the diagram (Naza configuration) and compare closely. You will need to move each motor one over to correct the problem and fly. http://image.helipal.com/supported_multi_rotor.png

604Phantom - just now saw that I am actually to swap motors. Had intended to just swap the Servo wires to make all motors spin the other direction.

But that would give me the problem that the props would not self-tighten after the operation. Guess the only solution to that is the actual motor swap - and that is why you suggested that...;)...

rebelyellNC - your patience is now asked for again. I am flying on a business trip tonight and will not be back until Wednesday evening. I dont have time for this larger operation today :( ...But stay calm...I am as eager as you (maybe slightly more :)) to get this baby in the air...

Reactions: KyleMaxxUAV
604Phantom - just now saw that I am actually to swap motors. Had intended to just swap the Servo wires to make all motors spin the other direction.

But that would give me the problem that the props would not self-tighten after the operation. Guess the only solution to that is the actual motor swap - and that is why you suggested that...;)...

rebelyellNC - your patience is now asked for again. I am flying on a business trip tonight and will not be back until Wednesday evening. I dont have time for this larger operation today :( ...But stay calm...I am as eager as you (maybe slightly more :)) to get this baby in the air...

10-4 RCee. I'll just run out and get an oxygen tank to keep me going 'till you get back :rolleyes:. It sounds like quite a chore to move all six motors, but the result will be worth it.

RCeeWee, in your video your #1 prop (red right arm) is a CW when it should be CCW. Your motors are spinning the correct way for a (X Hex) but with the props all backwards, you are effectively sucking the F550 to the ground. Please take a look at the diagram (Naza configuration) and compare closely. You will need to move each motor one over to correct the problem and fly. http://image.helipal.com/supported_multi_rotor.png

BTW - just realised that i might get the problem with the props not being self-tightening. Can recommend some props I can use for future where i can just put on a bolt? I will for sure use these first, but some to fit all motors could be good. Thanks.

Or perhaps i should cut of the bolt-part of these props and move them...then tighten them with a bolt. Because, the motors are actually spinning correct...hmmmo_O

Your motors can be easily made to spin in either direction just by swapping any two of the three motor wires. If you have the motor on the correct arm and turning in the correct direction then the prop will self tighten.
Notice that three of your motors have a dimple on top of the shaft and a left handed thread. These motors turn clockwise. You spin the props counterclockwise to tighten them. These motors must be on arms 2,4 and 6.
The other three motors have no dimple, a right handed thread and spin counterclockwise. You spin the props on clockwise. These motors must be on arms 1,3 and 5.

Last edited:
Update from Denmark. Best you see the video
:)

YESSSSSSSSSSS!!! or as we say here in the southern swamps, YEEEEEEEEEHAWWWWWWWW! You, RCee, are definitely THE MAN! Congratulations on a long, hard, challenging job well done; and a special thanks to all those who provided advice and consolation when things weren't going just right. BTW, that was an excellent choice of background music for the liftoff! Now, about those fingers in the frame on the video: if you need a little trim job, just point the offending digits close to one of those SIX food processor blades and we won't see that anymore. :eek::eek::eek: That machine looks awesome. Now I know what I want to do for the next six months as a project. I'm sure I'll be referring back to this thread repeatedly.

So does anyone know where I can score a BLACK F550 frame like the one Macdoogal used in his P6 build?

Thanks again for all your hard work and sharing the fruits of your labor with us. :cool:

Glad you got it sorted out. Now get rid of those 8" props and install some 9450 ones for more thrust and longer flight times.

Reactions: rebelyellNC
Glad you got it sorted out. Now get rid of those 8" props and install some 9450 ones for more thrust and longer flight times.

+1 :cool:

Hey RCee, haven't heard any news for a bit. Everything OK? Is she still commanding the skies? Drop us a quick note and let us know how the subsequent flights are going. Of course, if you feel the urge to post another video, we'll try to oblige by watching (pant, pant).

Later...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl