PROJECT Phantom6

I am indeed listening to IIVII. There is a field not far from here. I'll try it there. However, on top of all the other crap I've dealt with on this build, my laptop took a dump yesterday. New one in the works...

DJI Phantom 1.1.1 currently under construction to become a Phantom hex.
Snohomish co. WA

Hi - what was the end of this adventure?

I am looking into converting my FC40 into a Hexacopter as well...did it work out fine at the end?

Hi - what was the end of this adventure?

I am looking into converting my FC40 into a Hexacopter as well...did it work out fine at the end?

I'm waiting too. I've read the entire thread with extreme excitement, trying not to hyperventilate, ...know what I mean, IFly? So come on Mac, you've got us all worked up into a lather, we need info, man, info. And BTW, thanks loads for all the work you've done so far to keep us informed.

Patiently (yeah, right) waiting...

I have ordered the DJI F550 frame, two 2212-920 motors and two FC40 ESCs. That should get me started.

Once I have finished my current FPV 250 Race Quad I will give it a go to convert my FC40 - I am a bit tired of the small battery space and the rather bad handling of gimbal and GoPro...so, will be exciting...

Convert the 1.1.1 to the phantom 2 shell I'm getting a solid 23 min flight time with multistar 5200 walkara 2d gimbal and goprohero4 black. It's a great mod to do

Reactions: RCeeWee
Operation started - Cruicial part of knowing whether "this" Naza will take 6 motors is still to be checked out...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 353
Hey RCeeWee, in your image, I noticed all the grey wires from each ESC connect to the main board in certain places. However, I don't see any lands to connect the grey wires from the two additional ESCs, where will they connect? This adding two motors is all new to me, so forgive the dumb question if it is one. I'm quite interested in this mod, so bear with me.

Hey RCeeWee, in your image, I noticed all the grey wires from each ESC connect to the main board in certain places. However, I don't see any lands to connect the grey wires from the two additional ESCs, where will they connect? This adding two motors is all new to me, so forgive the dumb question if it is one. I'm quite interested in this mod, so bear with me.

Hi rebelyellNC - there are no dumb questions. :)

The F550 has a Power Distribution Board build in - that is what i expect to use. See pictures...then it could start to make sense?

I spent a lot of time today extending motor wires and motor control cables. Was fun. Sunday will give a bit more progress...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456771943.552254.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456771956.119087.jpg

Last edited:
Had good progress today. And most important: the DJI Naza software fully accepted switching to hexacopter. All motors tested and spinning in the right directions...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456771854.592901.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456771871.430086.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456771887.713894.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456771901.195031.jpg

Last edited:
I am indeed listening to IIVII. There is a field not far from here. I'll try it there. However, on top of all the other crap I've dealt with on this build, my laptop took a dump yesterday. New one in the works...

DJI Phantom 1.1.1 currently under construction to become a Phantom hex.
Snohomish co. WA

Hey Mac, we haven't heard from you in a really long time. What's the status of the P6 these days? Also, I had a question on your F550 frame. The only ones I can find are 2 red and 4 white arms, like the one RCeeWee is building and posting pics of here. Where can I find an all black frame and arms like the one in your pics? Thanks for any links you might be able to provide, and thanks for all the info you have already provided...

All assembled - IMU calibrated. Powers on fine and rotations a correct...

But no lift off at all...just fast spinning and motors work...but no lift off....

All assembled - IMU calibrated. Powers on fine and rotations a correct...

But no lift off at all...just fast spinning and motors work...but no lift off....

Darn RCee, that's tough news. Does is sound like the props are spinning as fast as they were as a quad, when you hit the gas? Is the L.E.D. going through the entire warm up sequence? I wish I could help out, but maybe someone will see this and provide some hints as to what could be wrong. I'll be watching closely...

Yeah...will try to make a video of the behavior tomorrow - somebody might be able to spot the issue. Will get it to work somehow [emoji36]...[emoji3]

Due to bad weather here in Denmark i did not get to it today...

Hope next weekend is better for this.

I did move the GPS today. Earlier it was below the battery.

Due to bad weather here in Denmark i did not get to it today...

Hope next weekend is better for this.

I did move the GPS today. Earlier it was below the battery.

Hey Tapa, tough about the weather, I hate having fully charged batteries and can't fly because of the weather. BTW, you first replied to a post where I was talking with RCeeWee. Is this you RCee, and you changed your profile name, or a new member. Either way, can't wait to hear the next update...

Hi all - i managed to shoot a video. Please have a look. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hey RCee, haven't heard from you in a while. I guess you've been scratchin' that head trying to figure out what's up. I looked at the P1 L.E.D. codes and all red fast flashes says Begin Horizontal Calibration, Begin Vertical Calibration, and Calibration or Other Errors. I don't know if it means the bird is beginning horizontal or vertical calibration or if you are to begin those calibrations. Mine has never done a fast red continuous like that, so I'm afraid I won't be much help. I don't know if it's significant or not, and there are others here with a LOT more experience that may be able to comment, but I noticed that in the second half of your compass calibration, the vertical mode, you had the L.E.D. facing down and the nose up. Every video or instruction I've seen shows the L.E.D. facing UP and the nose DOWN. I don't know if this has any impact on the fast reds at the end or not. Just hoping...

Good luck and thanks for the video. Maybe someone else can spot something. Those props sure spin up hard, so it seems like it would take off really fast. Keep us informed, please...

RCeeWee, in your video your #1 prop (red right arm) is a CW when it should be CCW. Your motors are spinning the correct way for a (X Hex) but with the props all backwards, you are effectively sucking the F550 to the ground. Please take a look at the diagram (Naza configuration) and compare closely. You will need to move each motor one over to correct the problem and fly. http://image.helipal.com/supported_multi_rotor.png

Reactions: RCeeWee
HAAAHAAAA...i hope you are right...would be too funny (and embarrasing ).

When i get home monday i will do the swap

I almost lost hope by now...but i might be back

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub