Problems with getting home

Reaction score
Hi,

I am very new to my P3 S, have only had it since the weekend and only been able to fly it a couple of times. I am struggling a bit with the GPS functions so had a little play this morning before work.

I calibrated the compass, locked onto 7 satellites and tried to set the home point while it was on the ground in the centre of the lawn which didn't work, it gave an error, "home point failed", I think. I tried hovering and that seemed to work, allowing me to set the home point. I flew 150 ft or so and away about 300ft and then manually came closer to home (about 30ft) . At this point I pressed return to home and the P3 slowly landed exactly where it was.

Any ideas where I could be going wrong?

I can't remember where I read this, but I remember reading something about having a minimum of 10GPS satellite locks if you want to have a solid home lock. You mentioned that your P3 only had 7 so that may be the source of the problem.

Reactions: shawwellpete
@rockydog is correct. I misread your post and understood it thinking you activated RTH from 150 feet away. Minimum 20m is the preset rule or it will just land. That said, I can almost swear I read the 10GPS thing somewhere.... ?

Reactions: shawwellpete
@rockydog is correct. I misread your post and understood it thinking you activated RTH from 150 feet away. Minimum 20m is the preset rule or it will just land. That said, I can almost swear I read the 10GPS thing somewhere.... ?

The problem with basing it on something you read, unless from DJI, is that you [likely] don't know the source. 'Tales grow taller down the line' and often these things become exaggeratted.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing