Pre-Orders that are Placed

vjdave said:
After i cancelled my order with DJI via email then ordered from MotionRC, I received a phone call from DJI a few hours later. They apologized for not responding to my 4 emails and offered to ship it in 2 days. I declined. They called me back again about 1 hour later asking if I was sure and they offered to ship out one tomorrow. I declined again.

its too bad they were so late in getting back with me.

I don't know what is the dealer markup in this case but a typical dealer markup is 1/3. Which would mean the dealer sales it for $433.33 more then they paid for it. Anyway, what ever it is, by not using a dealer, dji is keeping the market for them self.

MikeySoft said:
I don't know what is the dealer markup in this case but a typical dealer markup is 1/3. Which would mean the dealer sales it for $433.33 more then they paid for it. Anyway, what ever it is, by not using a dealer, dji is keeping the market for them self.
That would be a 50% markup over dealer cost. ($866.67 dealer cost plus half of that amount, $433.33, equals $1300.00). If the dealer is marking up by 1/3 and charging $1300 to the retail customer, then the dealer is paying $975.

Your point is still completely valid regarding what DJI gains by selling directly to the retail customer.... a lot! :)

Bigbells said:
MikeySoft said:
That would be a 50% markup over dealer cost. ($866.67 dealer cost plus half of that amount, $433.33, equals $1300.00). If the dealer is marking up by 1/3 and charging $1300 to the retail customer, then the dealer is paying $975.

Your point is still completely valid regarding what DJI gains by selling directly to the retail customer.... a lot! :)
I worked in retail many years ago. Even when it is 50% over dealer cost, it is still called 1/3 markup because the dealer gets 1/3 of the total sale price. I did not come up with the naming convention but that is what they call it.

as far as i know, dji is shipping Apr.16th's orders today. Man, everyone wants it NOW, but I don't think dji is producing that fast lol ~~~ Let's be patient and wait ! If I was dji, i would probably ship units from dji website not to dealers. what do you guys think ?

This is the message I received today. I think, They just prepared message and only sends to their customers. I ordered 21th April and I lost hope for our Holidays at beginning of May ;/

hank you for your order on Phantom 2 vision+ and/or Phantom 2 vision+ w/extra battery.

We apologize for your order will have a 3-5 days delay in shipment due to the massive of preorder numbers.

We will arrange the delivery no later than 25th April for orders before 15th of April.

At the meantime we are doing our best to arrange the orders after 15th to be shipped before 29th April.

If you have any query, feel free to write to [email protected].

Your understanding is highly appreciated. Thanks for your patience!

MikeySoft said:
Bigbells said:
MikeySoft said:

I worked in retail many years ago. Even when it is 50% over dealer cost, it is still called 1/3 markup because the dealer gets 1/3 of the total sale price. I did not come up with the naming convention but that is what they call it.

Yep... Margin vs. Markup. Margin is the percent of the total purchase and markup is the percent above cost. 50% Markup = 33.3% Margin. 100% Markup = 50% Margin.

The dealer also has overhead so he is not making the full markup/margin. While most of DJI’s overhead has been covered in sales to the dealer. So most of the additional markup/margin the dealer would have charged and being charged by dji as a direct sales to final customer is pure ADDITIONAL profit!

I will say that DJI is apparently working on these issues. I emailed them last night to cancel, and I got an email back from them this morning asking me to accept an extra set of props if I would continue to wait. I declined. I also had filed with PayPal just to make sure I got my refund, and it has been refunded already.

I checked my Paypal account this morning and DJI has refunded my money. Hopefully MotionRC will ship out today like they said they would and then I can get a tracking number and find out when I will finally get a Phantom 2 Vision +! :)

vjdave said:
I checked my Paypal account this morning and DJI has refunded my money. Hopefully MotionRC will ship out today like they said they would and then I can get a tracking number and find out when I will finally get a Phantom 2 Vision +! :)
I opted for 2 day shipping from MotionRC. Received tracking number immediately. Will be delivered tomorrow between 2pm-4pm. So far, I like this company. :)

Just a quick shot out to droneetc they shipped same day as promised and even included a cool neck strap
Good guys to deal with over there

When DJI decides to ship they don't mess around. Mine just arrived with an extra set of blades. Two day shipping from China. Not bad.

My order 001100003618 ordered on 4/10 just shipped Monday and just arrived.

Interesting they included 6 extra props for me. 4 inside prop box and 2 extra inside main big box.

bigeasysac said:
When DJI decides to ship they don't mess around. Mine just arrived with an extra set of blades. Two day shipping from China. Not bad.

2 days shipping from china to where?

Two day shipping from China to Northern California

I got 6 props as well. I was expecting the 4 in the box with the phantom. The 2 extra in the big box I guess was a little bonus for my patience. (or lack there of)

Dirty Bird said:
sdkirby said:
Woohoo! Got mine a couple hours ago... first flight video in some pretty decent wind...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypNAln0Qfzk

Sweet! Looks like you have a nice neighborhood to fly over, and a stadium within range too! :cool:

Lots of things to crash in to. I darn near totaled a home built drone flying it in my neighborhood. The Phantom is a thousand times easier to fly than a manual mode drone.

The stadium is the local high school stadium and it is a big one. I may try to sneak a peak at a football game or two this fall, but won't fly over the stadium itself... don't want to risk hurting anyone.

bigeasysac said:
Two day shipping from China to Northern California

I got 6 props as well. I was expecting the 4 in the box with the phantom. The 2 extra in the big box I guess was a little bonus for my patience. (or lack there of)

I actually got 10 total props.

My P2V+ was cleared in Cincinnati and is on the 8 hour boring ride to PA, looks like I won't have mine until Monday at the earliest. Emphasis on earliest because this is where things with DHL get interesting in my area. I have had things shipped to me from NJ (half hour ride over the bridge) that ended up routing through MD, back up to CT, to Harrisburg then to me.. took 5 days.

C'mon DHL!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl