Possible legal action??

Hi Dave,

I assume you are having the problem with video. Have you tried some of the suggestion suggested in the other thread?

Assuming this is the problem you are having:

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=16182&

I had similar problem for a day or two and then it went away on its own. While I had the issue, it worked fine on another device. So I think it is likely to be a software related issue. The latest vision update today might help.

I am running on iPad Air and Galaxy S5.

You might try deleting the Vision App and clearing all cache. And re-installing the vision app.
Maybe try to see if it works on a 2nd device.

If you test it on multiple device and the video still does not work, then I think it is safe to say it is P2V+.
If it is the P2V+ that has issue, then return and exchange for another one.

If it works on another device, then it is likely the issue is software related and specific to the device that has issue.

I have an iphone5s, and have experienced no problems.... It appears that the majority of the FPV loss is on android devices...

I posted this in a different thread, but I feel is appropriate here as well.

It is absolutely heat related. My first vision+ worked flawlessly. I ordered a second one from B&H which I received last week. The new one did exactly the same thing as you're describing. After I turned it on after only a few minutes the screen would go black. Telemetry data and other information was there just no live video. After reading posts about it possibly being heat related, I decided to put it in the refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes to get a good cold soak. I then took it outside to fly and it worked great for about 15 minutes. Then it went to the black screen again.

Next day I called DJI and after several attempts I finally got through. I explained to the rep what had happened and what I had found and that they may have a problem with heat on certain components. She recommended I return it as it is probably defective.

I contacted B&H and they happily sent a replacement. I received it this week and have been flying it every day since. Absolutely no issues with video or anything. My recommendation is if you have this problem you need to return or exchange it.

Also as a footnote. I have both the Samsung S4 (which is android) and an iPad mini. I tried the defective unit on both & was getting the exact same issue. I even did it without powering the unit down just closing one app reestablishing Wi-Fi on the other and then opening the app again. I really don't think it's an app issue.

Jeremyconk said:
I have an iphone5s, and have experienced no problems.... It appears that the majority of the FPV loss is on android devices...
I am on an iPhone as well. 5S. I get intermittent video signals. One battery I will, the next not. The whole next time none at all. Never had two batteries in a row though.

And this is after getting mine with a DOA power supply.

Love flying their gear when it works. But I definitely have one made on either a Monday or Friday. :geek:

Mine is back at the shop where I purchased it to see if they can fix it. If they can fix it I plan to sell it immediately and purchase a alternative that I found. I'm so disgusted with this company I just want away from them.

Dave

dkyacht said:
Hi guys I was just wondering if all the problems everyone is having

This is a fairly sweeping over generalization. The Internet amplifies the bad and drowns out the good. I have 2 Phantoms with numerous flights, zero issues. I personally know 6 others near me with Phantoms, also all with zero issues. Collectively we have thousands of flights without a single issue or problem.

SilentAV8R said:
dkyacht said:

This is a fairly sweeping over generalization. The Internet amplifies the bad and drowns out the good. I have 2 Phantoms with numerous flights, zero issues. I personally know 6 others near me with Phantoms, also all with zero issues. Collectively we have thousands of flights without a single issue or problem.

That's great and I wish I was in your shoes right now but unfortunately me along with many other people do have serious issues with ours that are not caused by us but instead by some sort of defect.

Dave

For those in California who have experienced issues that you feel are product defects and have tried pursuing relief via your dealer or DJI directly with no success, you always have the option of pursuing a case in small claims court which is fairly easy to file yourself. Chances of DJI spending $ to hire an attorney to defend a $1300 case? I'd think they would simply refund or replace..cheaper.

dkyacht said:
SilentAV8R said:
dkyacht said:

That's great and I wish I was in your shoes right now but unfortunately me along with many other people do have serious issues with ours that are not caused by us but instead by some sort of defect.

Dave

I am not saying there are not people who have issues. What I am saying is that the inference that these are in the majority is not supported by reality.

phantomguy said:
For those in California who have experienced issues that you feel are product defects and have tried pursuing relief via your dealer or DJI directly with no success, you always have the option of pursuing a case in small claims court which is fairly easy to file yourself. Chances of DJI spending $ to hire an attorney to defend a $1300 case? I'd think they would simply refund or replace..cheaper.

California Small Claims does not allow lawyers in the court. You may talk to one before or after, but they are not in the courtroom.

SilentAV8R said:
dkyacht said:
SilentAV8R said:
dkyacht said:

Dave

I am not saying there are not people who have issues. What I am saying is that the inference that these are in the majority is not supported by reality.

Ok whatever, I never said at any point that it was all of them that had a problem. Thank you for your concern.

Dave

dkyacht said:
Ok whatever, I never said at any point that it was all of them that had a problem. Thank you for your concern.

Dave

Sorry, I got confused when you said this:

all the problems everyone is having

And that would be the core of a legal challenge. you think it is most, if not all, people who have issues. I think it is the oppiste. Issues exist, no question, but most people have no issues.

SilentAV8R said:
dkyacht said:

Dave

Sorry, I got confused when you said this:

all the problems everyone is having

And that would be the core of a legal challenge. you think it is most, if not all, people who have issues. I think it is the oppiste. Issues exist, no question, but most people have no issues.

Ok have a nice day.

Dave

I got mine back from the repair shop this morning and had it sold by early afternoon. I hope anyone that is having trouble finds a fix soon. I will be moving on to another much more reliable manufacturer. It's a shame because I love the quadcopter but the issues are ridiculous.

Dave

Yea I agree, I thought the camera on the P2V+ was gonna be better that the gopro3+ boy was I wrong. I've been very underwhelmed by its quality even on the best of days.

Dave

willriii said:
Any idea what they did to fix it DKyacht?
Will

I asked him and he said honestly he didn't "fix" anything. He cleared out everything and basically started from scratch. Latest software etc... I'll be dammed but it actually worked on the test flight he did with my phone. I then very quickly packed it up and sold it while it was working 100%.

Dave

dkyacht said:
I asked him and he said honestly he didn't "fix" anything. He cleared out everything and basically started from scratch. Latest software etc... I'll be dammed but it actually worked on the test flight he did with my phone. I then very quickly packed it up and sold it while it was working 100%.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Just curious. Do you have more then 1 device that was setup to connect to your P2V+?

I have similar problem where the Vision app would not show the FPV. What it showed was the last cached live image. What I have discovered is that it all worked fine at home, but at field it breaks. After some tinkering around, I found my devices are all trying to connect to the Phantom Wifi due to lack of other available and accepted Wifi. This confuses the Vision app.

To "Fix" it, I power off RC, WiFi Extender, P2V+. Turn off WiFi on all of my mobile devices except the one I will be using. Turn back on RC, WiFI Extender, P2V+. And re-connect again to P2V+ Wifi again with my device. This clears the issue up. I've been able to replicate this.

First time it happens, I was really baffled as I had just tested it out at home (see, at home, all my devices automatically connects to my home WiFi spot as the prefer WiFi. And only connect to Phantom when I manually switch over).

yawnalot29 said:
dkyacht said:

Dave

Hi Dave,

Just curious. Do you have more then 1 device that was setup to connect to your P2V+?

I have similar problem where the Vision app would not show the FPV. What it showed was the last cached live image. What I have discovered is that it all worked fine at home, but at field it breaks. After some tinkering around, I found my devices are all trying to connect to the Phantom Wifi due to lack of other available and accepted Wifi. This confuses the Vision app.

To "Fix" it, I power off RC, WiFi Extender, P2V+. Turn off WiFi on all of my mobile devices except the one I will be using. Turn back on RC, WiFI Extender, P2V+. And re-connect again to P2V+ Wifi again with my device. This clears the issue up. I've been able to replicate this.

First time it happens, I was really baffled as I had just tested it out at home (see, at home, all my devices automatically connects to my home WiFi spot as the prefer WiFi. And only connect to Phantom when I manually switch over).

Thanks for the suggestion, I was actually told about that a while back. I tried it with no success, it definitely seems to be a heat related issue. I'm in S. Florida and mid day temps can be very hot which doesn't help a device that has heat issues.

Dave

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl