Possible legal action??

Reaction score
Hi guys I was just wondering if all the problems everyone is having with these things would justify some sort of group lawsuit against DJI? I'm no lawyer so forgive my ignorance but this company just doesn't seem to give a crap about their customers or fixing the problem. I mean have they even said yet that there is a known problem and they are sorry and working on it?? If do I haven't seen it!

Doesn't this fall under something called bait and switch or some sort of lemon law or anything like that? This can't be legal to sell a known defective product can it?

Dave

dkyacht said:
The live video thing that most seem to think is related to heat.

First I've heard of that. I've been using my iPhone 5s, and it has worked flawlessly. What type of display device are you using?

dkyacht said:

Dave
I still have no idea what you're talking about and I follow this forum quite heavily...

Ok never mind u guys can just delete this thread. Fyi the no live video on your phone while flying. It's talked about all over here and the web.

Dave

dkyacht said:
Hi guys I was just wondering if all the problems everyone is having with these things would justify some sort of group lawsuit against DJI? I'm no lawyer so forgive my ignorance but this company just doesn't seem to give a crap about their customers or fixing the problem. I mean have they even said yet that there is a known problem and they are sorry and working on it?? If do I haven't seen it!

Doesn't this fall under something called bait and switch or some sort of lemon law or anything like that? This can't be legal to sell a known defective product can it?

Dave

Probably the best thing is just don't support the product. In other words don't buy crap, crap is crap and it will always be crap. Companies that make crap and have poor support apparatuses in place eventually fail, in relative short time. lot's of new product, innovation, is coming online from manny different companies.

I know of no company that's still in business that has poor product and that has poor customer support they all go by the wayside this will happen to DJI as well if things don't change drastically. This is just an opinion not hate speech I enjoy DJI's products, but patience has worn out and causes one to explore other product lines and there's some good stuff on the horizon.

Garysam said:
dkyacht said:

Dave

Probably the best thing is just don't support the product. In other words don't my crap, crap is crap and it will always be crap. Companies that make crap and have poor support apparatuses in place eventually fail, in relative short time. lot's of new product, innovation, is coming online from manny different companies.

I know of no company that's still in business that has poor product and that has poor customer support they all go by the wayside this will happen to DJI as well if things don't change drastically. This is just an opinion not hate speech I enjoy DJI's products, but patience has worn out and causes one to explore other product lines and there's some good stuff on the horizon.

Well said. I'm already looking else where for similar products. So disappointed. ..

Dave

dkyacht said:

I am familiar with the video issue. The exact cause remains unknown. Video for most users is working fine. Whether it is cause for a Class Action Lawsuit I can't say? Have you tried just exchanging the entire unit?

Everyone that I've heard of that did that waited a long time to get it back and it didn't help. Everyone that sounds like they know what there talking about says it's heat related. I'm in S. Florida, sooo yea definitely could be....

Dave

Yes they have great products. You are also right their total failure to take care of customer problems will be their demise. Once ypu lose a customer to another co or product it,s almost impossible to get them back.The customer that leaves can and will cause future
customers to migrate to other co.products. :x

Well if it's heat related, let's all crank up the Tx power as high as it'll go. That will surely fix it. ;)

I tend to think it's a simple video buffering issue in the code. Some have said that the new version of the app fixes it. Let's hope.

Shepherd said:
What an absolutely naive post.

Sadly, it's all too reflective of much of American society these days.

Shepherd, I've never sued anyone and don't want to, I was just asking a question out of sheer frustration!

D_Tshudy said:
Well if it's heat related, let's all crank up the Tx power as high as it'll go. That will surely fix it. ;)

I tend to think it's a simple video buffering issue in the code. Some have said that the new version of the app fixes it. Let's hope.

I don't think anyone knows what is wrong which is even more frustrating. If they just came out and openly said "we know the problem, this is what it is" then say there working on it or something like that.... If I only spent 3 or 4 hundred I might not be so mad. But I got extra batteries, nice carry case, extra props, etc... I'm in it for over 2k. I haven't been able to get them on the phone for help or a response to any of my emails. It is like they just want as much money as they can get from us then there gonna vanish or change the entire unit where we would have to buy something else to fix the problem. I dunno, sorry if I'm going on to much, I have customers waiting for me yo use this and I'm completely boned right now.

Dave

I'm with you.
Lot of people with same problem. My case and others, the Gimbal going crazy and no apparent cause and worst... "No Solution". This copters are done supposedly to crash some times and same should be cams and gimbals. We don't buy this things to have it over the table at home because esthetically beautiful. Come on... some guaranty in this products they are selling should be.

elfantasma said:
I'm with you.
Lot of people with same problem. My case and others, the Gimbal going crazy and no apparent cause and worst... "No Solution". This copters are done supposedly to crash some times and same should be cams and gimbals. We don't buy this things to have it over the table at home because esthetically beautiful. Come on... some guaranty in this products they are selling should be.

Expectations of reasonable customer service and spare part availability is reasonable. Expecting DJI, or ANY company to guarantee their product(s) to survive FLIGHT DAMAGE is a completely unrealistic expectation.

North Florida here, heat related loss of FPV for over a month. Email from a month ago, not responded to. 10 hours of perfect flight time, and after an hour in the car in 100 degree heat, no FPV.

Never Crashed, hell, never broke a prop.

Customer service reply?, non existent. Purchased direct from DJI appears to put[ me in the worst of situations.

I absolutely loved this thing when i could see what i was recording.

Now its a fun blind RC device not worth 1,300 us

North Florida here, heat related loss of FPV for over a month. Email from a month ago, not responded to. 10 hours of perfect flight time, and after an hour in the car in 100 degree heat, no FPV.

Customer service reply?, non existent. Purchased direct from DJI appears to put[ me in the worst of situations.

Fly Bry said:

In another thread on here someone just said that it is most likely a heat related fault that can't be reset. I'm taking mine to the RC shop I bought it at tomorrow. They have a big "repair" department and I'm hoping they can help. I will update tomorrow.

Dave

About the video problem...

I've used an iPhone 5s for several weeks with no problems. I have the Moverio glasses now and of course they are Android 4.0. In the beginning, I had no problems. But, as I installed apps like another browser and some video add-ons, I started getting 'lost connection' problems. Since it was new and I didn't have a lot installed, I restored to factory settings. Problems disappeared. Works fine now.

If you've had your tablet or device for a while, before you give up try resetting to the original software load, and then install the DJI app. It's my guess that at least some of these problems are caused other apps.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20